• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me what has changed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oneoff View Post
    To : oneoff
    Date : 2021-03-29 07:47
    Title : Re: Disturbing misinformation taking over Threads pertaining to COVID Pandemic
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

We are looking into this and trying to find the threads to identify the content you have reported. To help make this a faster process please could you give us the usernames, and links to the specific threads as this will help us action accordingly.

Thank you again.

Kudos to admin!

Have you responded with all the misinformation you seem to spot, oneoff?

Say, oneoff, you're obviously a very intelligent man - tell me what you think of this statement from the "Federal Register", 1984, under the auspices of one Ronald Reagan -

Click image for larger version

Name:	misinformation.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	771326

(Trying to push aside the ironic, coincidental date, but it keeps springing to mind)

Do you agree with the concept of "noble lies"?

If so, how do you determine when the "nobility" of the lie wears thin?

Do you claim to be able to determine what situation or ethic ascribes "nobility" to a lie?

The debate is not about whether or not governments and regulatory bodies are capable of lying as they see necessary - the above quotation evidently seals that question.

Until you answer those questions truthfully, on what grounds may you proceed to try to censor what others may or may not say?

I think admin will have enough integrity, or knowledge, at least, to know when they would be crossing the line. The networking capability is just too broad today and as such, the potential for unintended backlash accompanies in like fashion.

I'm sure they know that it's likely best if they don't start dumping censorship into a normal debate, especially one that generates a lot of clicks and revenue.

Because we all know that it's all about the money and control, don't we oneoff.

Comment

Mitch McConnell told reporters, "shots need to get in everybody's arm as rapidly as possible" and asked that people "ignore all of these other voices that are giving demonstrably bad advice."

Well said Mitch!

Fear of the covid vaccines is a real condition usually found in those who spend too much time on social media and listening to snake oil sellers.

There are a few reasons to be concerned for a very small percentage of the population but very little risk for the rest of us. Mild side effects are common but are a small price to pay to avoid covid which can have very serious long term effects even in those with mild symptoms.

If you want things to return to normal as soon as possible and help to avoid a 4th wave, get your vaccine as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
        You can start with Burnt and those who liked his posts. Fairly simple to contact them and warn them. If they persist show them the door.
        Hi aggie, nice to see that you think of me so much! (Even though your appreciation for my contribution seems a little sparse)

I would be interested to hear your opinion on this G.R.R. Martin quote: “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”

In my experience, I find that I can feel threatened by allowing freedom of speech and thought to those with whom I do not agree. However, it is only when that perceived threat pushes me to become overly fearful that my response can turn pathological, if allowed to dominate my reaction.

Rationality - the thoughtful, deliberate weighing of evidence free from external, subjective influences - always results in a liberating conclusion, whether it is personally favorable or otherwise.

Might it be worth your while to try to determine what degree of influence fear plays in your thought processes and response to challenging situations?

Remember - “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”

Comment

I need to do a chicken photo shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
            Kudos to admin!

Have you responded with all the misinformation you seem to spot, oneoff?

Say, oneoff, you're obviously a very intelligent man - tell me what you think of this statement from the "Federal Register", 1984, under the auspices of one Ronald Reagan -

[ATTACH]8284[/ATTACH]

(Trying to push aside the ironic, coincidental date, but it keeps springing to mind)

Do you agree with the concept of "noble lies"?

If so, how do you determine when the "nobility" of the lie wears thin?

Do you claim to be able to determine what situation or ethic ascribes "nobility" to a lie?

The debate is not about whether or not governments and regulatory bodies are capable of lying as they see necessary - the above quotation evidently seals that question.

Until you answer those questions truthfully, on what grounds may you proceed to try to censor what others may or may not say?

I think admin will have enough integrity, or knowledge, at least, to know when they would be crossing the line. The networking capability is just too broad today and as such, the potential for unintended backlash accompanies in like fashion.

I'm sure they know that it's likely best if they don't start dumping censorship into a normal debate, especially one that generates a lot of clicks and revenue.

Because we all know that it's all about the money and control, don't we oneoff.
            No I didn't tattle on you or anyone else specifically. The admin and maybe site ownersmade their choices (or didn't do much ) all by themselves. The like to this post was accidental; but maybe I won't lose any sleep over it. Maybe even a like is deserved...but I'm too busy with more important things to reread that particular post just now.
            Last edited by oneoff; Jul 23, 2021, 17:55.

Comment

No I didn't tattle on you or anyone else specifically. The admin and maybe site ownersmade their choices (or didn't do much ) all by themselves. The like to this post was accidental; but maybe I won't lose any sleep over it. Maybe even a like is deserved...but I'm too busy with more important things to read that particular post just now.
              That the like was accidental is no surprise.

However, I reciprocated anyway...

Comment

Why worry about it? The purpose of Agriville is to generate revenue for farms.com. And you can't fix stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                  Your last comment has no merit. Segregating based on vaccination status has no merit as well. Vaccinated can be carrier, transmitters, no different than unvaccinated, in fact possibly more likely as they won’t have symptoms to tell them to stay home.
                  Media pushes how effective vaccine is against delta, not do much, 39% effective according to Israel studies. As time goes by maybe you will come to understand, it’s not going away.
                  Vaccines are developed to stop transmission, this one is failing at the main reason vaccines are used.

Long term effects of the vaccine have yet to be seen. Ever heard of “antibody dependent reaction”?
                  So how does that explain that almost all of the increasing number of covid patients that are in the hospital had only one or no vaccines? Is it time to put 2 and 2 together and get 4. Or are you going to screw up again and get 5 or 22?

No vaccine is 100 % effective but the ones we got are pretty damn good at preventing infection and really fantastic at stopping people from getting really sick and going to the hospital with very low risk for most people.

Listen to Mitch! He hates democrats, put up with Trump, but loves the covid vaccine. Apparently the vaccine works just fine for die hard Republicans and freedom fighters like yourself there JWAB!

Roll'er up and get the job done. Or are you going to wait to get the delta variant and then change your mind??

Comment

Originally posted by jensend View Post
                    Why worry about it? The purpose of Agriville is to generate revenue for farms.com. And you can't fix stupid.
                    Remember Rick Mercer's show Talking to Americans where Rick would ask dumb questions with a smirk on his face and get even dumber answers from unsuspecting yanks with no clue. While Agrisilly is kind like that show sometimes, except most of the dumb ass american republican types live in Canada most of the year. Except for foghorn leghorn, who spends alot of time in his second home in Florida.

Comment

I wouldn't lose any sleep over the probable misinformation being propagated on this site.

It is the same handful of posters preaching to each other on one side, and the well intended but hapless Agstar on the other side keeping the issue alive, but doing more harm than good in the process.

It seems that everyone else has accepted reality and long since lost interest and moved on.

The unique visitors to these threads outside of the warring factions of regular contributors has likely approached zero. So their influence on popular opinion has also approached zero.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                        Your last comment has no merit. Segregating based on vaccination status has no merit as well. Vaccinated can be carrier, transmitters, no different than unvaccinated, in fact possibly more likely as they won’t have symptoms to tell them to stay home.
                        Media pushes how effective vaccine is against delta, not do much, 39% effective according to Israel studies. As time goes by maybe you will come to understand, it’s not going away.
                        Vaccines are developed to stop transmission, this one is failing at the main reason vaccines are used.

Long term effects of the vaccine have yet to be seen. Ever heard of “antibody dependent reaction”?
                        I think one of Dr. Fauci's retorts to a senate session hearing questioner would be appropriate.

His retort was " You don't know what you are talking about". And shortly thereafter he added emphasis with "you don't know what you are talking about".

Comment

I think one of Dr. Fauci's retorts to a senate session hearing questioner would be appropriate.

His retort was " You don't know what you are talking about". And shortly thereafter he added emphasis with "you don't know what you are talking about".
                          You think that was effective? He was talking to a doctor. And the doctor cornered him like the slimy rat he is, so all he could do was try out an insult. He failed. Maybe try watching the whole exchange, not just the cnn version of events.

Comment

Dr.Rand Paul slimy rat. You are right.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                              Dr.Rand Paul slimy rat. You are right.
                              Explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                                You think that was effective? He was talking to a doctor. And the doctor cornered him like the slimy rat he is, so all he could do was try out an insult. He failed. Maybe try watching the whole exchange, not just the cnn version of events.
                                This is for you sheep.....A person saves deserved responses to suit the occasion. Rand Paul's attack on Dr. Fauci was such a situation that elicited "You don't know what you're talking about". Especially when you are talking to a professional "peer" like a "colleague" who as a "professional" "doctor" is directly addressing YOU (another doctor).

Rand Paul didn't have a suitable response. Now maybe YOU would rationalize that his time had expired ...or that Rand Paul had won the "banter". Those are childish deflections about what is really involved in Rand Pauls attack on a person's credibility.

But Rand Paul should still have a black eye from the slap down that he deservedly received.

Now Sheep and the misinformation you spout about Covid. Please tend to stick to farm animals; their care and topics that you have more knowledge than most others; and refrain from commenting repeatedly about "what you don't know what you are talking about"

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...