• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just have to ask. Are the Grain companies playing games with wheat?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can thank the Farmers For Just Me who lobbied Harper and now we have to deal with it.

Comment

I'm tired of lecturing on subjective versus objective grading......and how an accurate repeatable results test would be better than biased visual grading.

That being said , tolerances need to be established and assigned to grades. Or prices reflective of the quality of end use specs for lower than ideal falling numbers.

Ya ya I know....just another weapon in the assault arsenal of grading demerits.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
        The new falling number grading is only being used to reduce what they are paying you. If the falling number is good they use other factors to downgrade the wheat to pay less. When falling numbers are low they are using them to pay you even less even if it is feed. Not quite sure how the pigs can tell if they are eating lower falling number wheat. You now deliver your wheat and a sample is kept, if falling number comes back lower than expected on average sample you will be in deep trouble and could be liable for the whole train.
        its so ****ing stupid , one can only laugh to think we would swallow this shit
        but they got away with it when they were buying "feed" barley that had to have good germ ,(pigs prefer high germ barley, lol) so why not see if it will work in wheat also

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          caseih

Severe sprouts limit.....
          #1--------0.1%
          #2--------0.2%
          #3--------0.3%

Total sprouts

#1--------0.5%
          #2--------1.0%
          #3--------3.0%

At .3% severe for a three.....how much would it actually take to push it into feed?
          like the spec they used to have for ergot . if there was one head in the field with ergot it was too much
          until they were forced to ****en well smarten up
          guess it helped that FUZ came along at the same time to help them **** us

Comment

serious question , to you seed cleaners
            does sprouted wheat clean out on gravity table?

Comment

If the falling number is well over 300 there is no issue with sprouts....they need a grading class....

Comment

I wonder if CGC will make public sprouted and sev sprouted % in comparison to FN on all the harvest sample survey grading results. Sure would answer a lot of questions and accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  serious question , to you seed cleaners
                  does sprouted wheat clean out on gravity table?
                  Do not have a gravity table but I highly doubt you could improve falling number economically by running it over a gravity table

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                    Do not have a gravity table but I highly doubt you could improve falling number economically by running it over a gravity table
                    No but when it "falls" through the magic scale grate it can change grades! "Falling numbers" is a pun in this case. Should be called "increasing numbers" from a feed to a three, a 3 to a 2 and a 2 to a 1.

Comment

Likely need to find a friendly end user. Can't win with the elevator

Comment

Same in durum. Hvk in mid to low 90s with good bushel weight. Sold 10k bushels at harvest graded a 1. The rest of the field’s 4 other bins grade a 2 to 3. It’s like grade doesn’t matter, they only wanna pay $7.30 and no more

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                          If the falling number is well over 300 there is no issue with sprouts....they need a grading class....
                          That's what I had been led to believe as well... If the sample has even just barely started the process of sprouting, an enzyme (can't remember the exact one) goes into overdrive converting starch into sugar. If that enzyme is high, falling number is correspondingly LOW. If that enzyme is low, falling number will be high, ergo the sprouting process has not commenced.

Comment

Fella today said he hauled malt barley
                            And germ was 98.5%, but alas , they said it was 8% chitted
                            Let that sink in ! How in **** is that possible????
                            Oh and guess what they deducted him $.40/bu for being chitted ?
                            Oh , and called the CGC , they said a 310 falling number with “severely sprouted” wheat is another physical impossibility, kinda like spotting a unicorn
                            So i said why dont you throw some samples in your car and take a road trip??
                            They apparently dont wanna do that?

Comment

Took a sample of red lentils in, nice looking all off before any wet weather. Should be a #1 easy. Nope there are a few kernels of durum in there that would be hard to clean and the end users dont like the extra glucose that adds to the sample, graded feed. My reply; F you. So people who dont make more than a couple bucks a day in India are that fussy about eating. I will seed the entire farm to lentils next yr before I let these go for pig feed

There is an active stategy to try and steal this crop while farmers heads are down. No terminals offer real help to try and move it. Waiting on trains everywhere. WTF is CP and CN doing?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                                Fella today said he hauled malt barley
                                And germ was 98.5%, but alas , they said it was 8% chitted
                                Let that sink in ! How in **** is that possible????
                                Oh and guess what they deducted him $.40/bu for being chitted ?
                                Oh , and called the CGC , they said a 310 falling number with “severely sprouted” wheat is another physical impossibility, kinda like spotting a unicorn
                                So i said why dont you throw some samples in your car and take a road trip??
                                They apparently dont wanna do that?
                                130 million dollar slush fund for a bunch of government incompetents.....and incompetence....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...