• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just have to ask. Are the Grain companies playing games with wheat?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a while since I looked into it.
    I have no beef with WGRF per se.
    Is penalizing the railroads for profit ultimately beneficial? I realize many support this, just asking. From memory, they have a lot of money as it is. I can only hope the research is providing a return.
    If WGRF is for research, then our commissions are for lobbying.
    I support a strong lobby system.
    But I don't see that happening for some reason. So I request my money back. I see it as the only way to be heard.
    And yes, I know wheat is 95% politics with a lot of history.

Comment

The amazing amount of information being collected for western Canadian Grain Farms is Not an accident.

We sold wheat in November for February delivery… it has been delivered already… proceeds in the Bank. When the tariff came off India Yellow Peas… instantly the pea prices jumped in Western Canada… a sign of competition bringing our farms decent returns for our grain.

We have improved astoundingly from 20 years ago. The opportunity to sell grain at a decent basis in the fall of 2023… and ship that grain… was top performance… not an accident.

Many Blessings and Wisdom in Grain Marketing in 2024!!!
      Last edited by TOM4CWB; Jan 2, 2024, 14:07.

Comment

Today’s data:

Comment

Tom4,

How do you sign up for the daily rail info? I went to the website and only see info from late Oct/Early Nov or before and nowhere to subscribe.

Comment

Link Didn’t work for me either…

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
              Tom4,

How do you sign up for the daily rail info? I went to the website and only see info from late Oct/Early Nov or before and nowhere to subscribe.
              Not sure daily rail info helps farmers. What farmers need to know is what graincos are selling today, tomorrow , next fall and next year. That is what helps the industry. Hiccups on daily unloads really means nothing. Its just sugar coating. For guys counting every day to keep track it helps but statesman has two years to fudge numbers. Knowing what is selling in late 2024 into 2025 would help farmers make better decisions.

Comment

I know all the people involved over the last 20 years, including Tom, had the best of intentions. But no one answers that question.

Comment

Daily rail info may not help with future sales info, but does give an idea of whats going on currently.

More trains tells me that companies are making sales and getting rid of the crop.

Currently every grain company is telling me that sales are weak, yet every company is taking in next months grain early and elevators are empty.

Either shipping is real good or farmers have not contracted much grain or both. I am starting to wonder if sales are actually better than we have been led to believe.

Comment

Was offered .25 bu more for a product to fill a train … told them go suck rocks.
                    No they don’t play games.

The “limited tonnage” one is the real scare tactic. Sucker us in!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...