• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just have to ask. Are the Grain companies playing games with wheat?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jazz, at almost every cleaning plant or mobile cleaner, they have standard indent cleaners. These cleaners separate grain by length. Your durum kernels must be longer than your lentils.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
      Jazz, at almost every cleaning plant or mobile cleaner, they have standard indent cleaners. These cleaners separate grain by length. Your durum kernels must be longer than your lentils.
      Don't know, Have never had cereals in lentils before. I was too busy with my head in a bunch of damp canola to worry about it. Supposed to sample it again and see if its under 2%. I don't think our quick cleaner will take it out.

Comment

Was talking to one grain buyer today, looking at my wheat which is grading #1 or #2 depending on which bin and protein is just over 11% but here is the kicker, they quote their price for a #1 13. The deduction for protein is 6 cents for every .1 reduction in protein. Therefore 11% protein is a $1.20 reduction. But they also have 2 prices depending on falling number, over 290 is one price and under 290 has a reduced price. So number 1 wheat with low protein will be very close to $5, yikes certainly a kick in the teeth!

Comment

My wheat sample graded a 2 but then came back with a falling number of 251. So that is a No.2 price with a .70 discount according to the grain buyer i talked to.

Comment

Best thing you can do with any wheat right now is sit on it like guys did with the fusarium a few yrs ago until the terminal forgets about this yr.

Comment

Where the hell is that post that said the falling number test isn't "repeatable or subjective".

Problem is there are no set rules by the CGC, They still haven't "modernized" the grain Industry and are still holed up in their caves of prehistoric grain grading. Have they done anything to aide and facilitate openness and fairness since the advent of the "open" market?

Right now we're dealing and "negotiating" with "house rules".

There is no GrainCo uniformity in dealing with falling number results.

This tread:
              -----so many views
              -----so few posts

Comment

Grain companies aren't going to forget about falling numbers. Any number below 300 will effect baking quality.

The Families didn't get to where they are now by forgetting something as important as falling numbers.

Your going to out smart the Families, f--- your funny Jazz!

As for the question are grain companies playing games? Is this something new to some of you? They are out to screw you as much as possible that's why the Families are so wealthy.

Capitalism at it's best.

Comment

So I should re submit my wheat that came back from CGC as all 4 over 360 FN?

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                    My wheat sample graded a 2 but then came back with a falling number of 251. So that is a No.2 price with a .70 discount according to the grain buyer i talked to.
                    So a #2 with 12.5 protein, 250 falling # is approximately:

$6 - ($.15+.$30 +$.70) = $4.85 ?

Nasty.

Comment

https://mbwheatandbarley.ca/event_posts/combine-to-customer-program/ https://mbwheatandbarley.ca/event_posts/combine-to-customer-program/

If you haven't been want better insight into the grading system and you can spare the time.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
                        https://mbwheatandbarley.ca/event_posts/combine-to-customer-program/ https://mbwheatandbarley.ca/event_posts/combine-to-customer-program/

If you haven't been want better insight into the grading system and you can spare the time.
                        Been there, done that.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                          So a #2 with 12.5 protein, 250 falling # is approximately:

$6 - ($.15+.$30 +$.70) = $4.85 ?

Nasty.
                          Problem is that you're being penalized twice for the same degrading factor.
                          First on grade for sprouted kernels, and second on spec for falling number, which is a proxy for sprouting.
                          Instead of asking if falling number should be included as a grading factor, CGC should be asking if sprotuinbg should be eliminated as a grading factor.

Comment

I would have to agree, one or the other but not both.
                            Blah blah bla objective, blah blah subjective, blah blah concrete falling numbers pertaining to its end use blah blah. Getting paid blah blah blah according to its end use characteristics and true value.

Pigs were eating $6.00 wheat last year!

Comment

On the contrary , unless it was sold to a pig barn , it got blended UP

Comment

Keep shopping..
                                P+H at Quill Lake $6.00 for #2 13. pro..MIN..270 FLN..
                                Viterra Wadena $6.00 #2 13 pro..ours 289 FLN..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...