• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just have to ask. Are the Grain companies playing games with wheat?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember dry year of 1961, local area wheat came off number one under old grade system that had six milling grades and one for feed.
    Older people said number one had been unheard of in this area since 1930s.
    Carryover wheat from 196O was bought by local elevators as number one, had been two year before.
    Present discussion is a bit academic as price for winter wheat and lower grade spring has frequently been below feed. It is worth what you can get for it and no law says buyers have to pay higher or lower prices for certain grades, might have been different under wheat board.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
      So I should re submit my wheat that came back from CGC as all 4 over 360 FN?
      What variety did you Grow FJ?

I grew ACC Connery two years in a row and both years low falling number. This year 251. Really hard thrashing which should give you better quality and if listen to the people at Canterra Seeds its suppose to have excellent grade and color retention.
      Its a nice variety with a short stocky plant that stands up nice but if it can't get a good falling number i would have to look for a different one to grow.

Comment

Why are the powers at hand forcing us to grow crap like the fsu.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
          Why are the powers at hand forcing us to grow crap like the fsu.
          Because we can't compete with high quality wheats so we have to race to the bottom quality wise and listen to nonsense about growing more and making less with no infrastructure to handle the increase in production while the FSU has investing heavily in infrastructure...

Because agriculture for a country if treated properly can and will be a foundation of your economy...

Comment

And stupid me thought Canada was the go to place for premium wheat.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
              And stupid me thought Canada was the go to place for premium wheat.
              It is ....as long as the price is the same as garbage wheat...

Comment

As I sit in my easy chair now, I like to read back over the issues and changes that I pushed for when I was more involved. Have any of these issues been addressed by producer groups and do you feel your check off dollars are working for you?

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                  As I sit in my easy chair now, I like to read back over the issues and changes that I pushed for when I was more involved. Have any of these issues been addressed by producer groups and do you feel your check off dollars are working for you?
                  No and No

Comment

Nope , but if I get a price that works for me , i can sell as much as I need and get paid for 100% of the wheat I deliver

Comment

They are business trying to make a buck. If they can get away with something to make that buck and they do they don’t care whether it’s right or wrong on the moral compass

Comment

NO!!. Otherwise the resolutions about an export sales report that would help the entire industry would be implemented by now. It's not and they haven't done shit to move the process forward.

Comment

Nobody wants to talk about the money going in to the WGRF either.

Comment

Another $7m , we pay it , they get it

Comment

WGRF certainly isn’t hiding…

Comment

2024 funding

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...