• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really Sickens Me

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of bigots. Has anyone else noticed that while all of the other posters here were discussing an exhibitionist exposing himself in a room with children present, that Chuck was the only one trying to make some sort of spurious correlation to all gay and lesbians?
    Unless I missed it, I don't believe anyone else was trying to make that association. Just chuck attempting to smear two completely disparate groups with the same brush.
    As usual, you can tell a lot about what people really think by what they accuse others of doing.
    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Feb 10, 2023, 14:22.

Comment

If I ever become a chuckroach someone better put me out of my misery.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        Speaking of bigots. Has anyone else noticed that while all of the other posters here were discussing an exhibitionist exposing himself in a room with children present, that Chuck was the only one trying to make some sort of spurious correlation to all gay and lesbians?
        Unless I missed it, I don't believe anyone else was trying to make that association. Just chuck attempting to smear two completely disparate groups with the same brush.
        As usual, you can tell a lot about what people really think by what they accuse others of doing.
        Exactly.

My home town hamlet village is 19 residents.

We have a post office and phone box. Post office serves about 25 farmers i guess.

Had two guys buy the post office and its adjoining 150 acres. Stayed for about 15 yrs.

Late 89 till about 2004 well ya think that stirred up the locals to start with.

Became part of the community and initial homophobia by many passed real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
          Exactly.

My home town hamlet village is 19 residents.

We have a post office and phone box. Post office serves about 25 farmers i guess.

Had two guys buy the post office and its adjoining 150 acres. Stayed for about 15 yrs.

Late 89 till about 2004 well ya think that stirred up the locals to start with.

Became part of the community and initial homophobia by many passed real quick.
          I am shocked. This is the most egregious thing I've seen in this entire thread.

Your town has a phone box? Which I assume is a phone booth? What year is it in Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
            [ATTACH]11955[/ATTACH]

Is this electrician cartoon more suitable for Chuck's sensibilities?

Comment

Talk about a crazy thread this one eh?

Yup phone box.

Across rural australia free calls as well everywhere.

Makes up for black holes in cell phone network

Had to google the "E" word thought it meant something else for a minute

Im sure that won't get past those with humour

Comment

I'm shocked. 3 strangers with a sense of humor and a total lack of affront.
                Thank God He invented whiskey for those without.

Comment

I was reading about South Dakota senate passing a law banning hormone treatment, puberty blockers and genital surgery . . . it passed 30 - 4 in favor.

From one of the comments this one struck me as humorous, with a splash of logic.
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  If kids knew what they wanted to be at age eight, the world would be filled with cowboys and princesses. I wanted to be a pirate. Thank goodness nobody took me seriously and scheduled me for an eye removal and peg leg surgery.

Comment

I wanted to be a fireman, I settled for ranching, can’t say I’m a cowboy as I’m way too allergic to horses.

Comment

South Dakota banning hormone treatment? So how will all the menopausal women get treatment for menopause?

So the republican dinosaurs in South Dakota and Florida are models for how to treat the LGBQT community in Canada? LOL

Florida and Desantis passed a don't say gay law where they don't want kids to be taught about LGBQT sexuality and gender issues.

Lets just sweep it under the rug and maybe the LGBQT community will go away? LOL

In Canada the deputy leader of the Conservative Party, Melissa Lantsman is an openly gay jewish woman who is legally married to another woman. That's gotta drive the so cons crazy.

I wonder what she would say about the attack on the LGBQT community in the backward regressive states?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 08-53-06 Melissa Lantsman on Twitter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	774551

Comment

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-the-conservatives-cant-be-stuck-in-the-past-on-lgbtq-rights/

opinion
                          The Conservatives can’t be stuck in the past on LGBTQ rights
                          Jamie Ellerton and Melissa Lantsman
                          Contributed to The Globe and Mail
                          Published November 20, 2019
                          Updated November 21, 2019

Melissa Lantsman is vice-president, public affairs, at Hill Knowlton Strategies. Jamie Ellerton is principal at public-relations firm Conaptus Ltd. Both are former Conservative Party senior staffers and strategists.

For the Conservative Party of Canada to be electorally relevant to the majority of Canadians, it should consider breaking from the past and look to a more contemporary conservatism that resonates more broadly across the country. Nowhere is this more clear than on the question of LGBTQ rights, which ought not to be a question at all.

For months, Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer has struggled to deviate from a script that reluctantly accepts marriage equality as the “settled” law of the land. His visible discomfort in answering questions relating to LGBTQ people and their place in society only amplifies this reluctance.

While it is rightfully troubling for politicians to be chastised to declare their personal views, the agonizing inability to provide a coherent response raises just enough doubt for many to overlook that entirely.

Pursuing this issue is not anti-religious or “anti-Catholic bigotry,” as stated by one Conservative MP. Nor is it a product of a systematic attack on traditional values propagated by a conspiracy to conscript a political leader into becoming the grand marshal of a Pride parade. Equality of opportunity is not a zero-sum game.

The fundamental problem is the Conservative Party’s lack of clarity on LGBTQ rights. Canadians expect their political leaders to share their values. Full stop. Yet the Conservative Party appears incapable of even offering table-stakes pleasantries to LGBTQ Canadians, while other cultural groups – be they religious, national or ethnic – command that respect without question.

Convincing a rightfully skeptical electorate that the current iteration of the Conservative Party has grown in its thinking is particularly difficult when they are casting moral aspersions – purposefully or not – on LGBTQ Canadians. Suggesting begrudging tolerance for marriage equality is now too far-removed from what the majority of Canadians believe.

What is most troubling is that Conservatives do not see the LGBTQ community as marginalized people who continue to face discrimination. The claim “we will always stand up for their rights” qualified by statements such as “as protected by law,” fails to recognize many LGBTQ Canadians who view the current scope of Canada’s laws as inadequate protection to inoculate them from inequality, discrimination or worse – violence. Cold comfort is the idea that maybe a Conservative government will stand up for you if you are a persecuted minority in Iran or Russia, which suggests LGBTQ people are merely a convenient pawn in a geopolitical foreign-policy manoeuvre.

Societies that respect human rights and the diversity of all their citizens are strong societies. This is a foundational idea and principle that will renew Canada’s success for another generation and strengthen our place in the world. For the Conservative movement to grow, unequivocal support for LGBTQ people cannot be up for debate. When one minority group has their legitimacy questioned, others take notice and wonder if they, too, are excluded.

Being pro-family is not, and cannot be, a dog whistle. If sharing values with voters is necessary to win, the party can make supporting the family unit one of its greatest strengths. But for this to ring true, Tories must recognize that, in 2019, families come in all shapes and sizes, and a prime minister needs to ensure the government of Canada supports all of them.

The continued obfuscation on questions about LGBTQ people lends credence to those who celebrate ignorance and fuels those harbouring ill will and hatred. Canada’s Conservatives ought to call that out and unite Canadians behind a positive vision of the country that truly advances equality of opportunity. This vision of Canada should have supports in place for those needing a hand up, removing the barriers that prevent LGBTQ Canadians from reaching their potential, achieving their dreams and aspiring for better.

Tweaking words here or there will not bring less scrutiny to Mr. Scheer’s position on this issue. Relying on “better communication,” as some MPs have mused, will not do much good when what you have to communicate is not saleable. Now is the time for some serious introspection on the part of Conservatives. Being stuck in the past will not help them win in the future

Until they figure out how to move forward, Canada’s right will have to be satisfied with second place.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-the-conservatives-cant-be-stuck-in-the-past-on-lgbtq-rights/

opinion
                            The Conservatives can’t be stuck in the past on LGBTQ rights
                            Jamie Ellerton and Melissa Lantsman
                            Contributed to The Globe and Mail
                            Published November 20, 2019
                            Updated November 21, 2019

Melissa Lantsman is vice-president, public affairs, at Hill Knowlton Strategies. Jamie Ellerton is principal at public-relations firm Conaptus Ltd. Both are former Conservative Party senior staffers and strategists.

For the Conservative Party of Canada to be electorally relevant to the majority of Canadians, it should consider breaking from the past and look to a more contemporary conservatism that resonates more broadly across the country. Nowhere is this more clear than on the question of LGBTQ rights, which ought not to be a question at all.

For months, Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer has struggled to deviate from a script that reluctantly accepts marriage equality as the “settled” law of the land. His visible discomfort in answering questions relating to LGBTQ people and their place in society only amplifies this reluctance.

While it is rightfully troubling for politicians to be chastised to declare their personal views, the agonizing inability to provide a coherent response raises just enough doubt for many to overlook that entirely.

Pursuing this issue is not anti-religious or “anti-Catholic bigotry,” as stated by one Conservative MP. Nor is it a product of a systematic attack on traditional values propagated by a conspiracy to conscript a political leader into becoming the grand marshal of a Pride parade. Equality of opportunity is not a zero-sum game.

The fundamental problem is the Conservative Party’s lack of clarity on LGBTQ rights. Canadians expect their political leaders to share their values. Full stop. Yet the Conservative Party appears incapable of even offering table-stakes pleasantries to LGBTQ Canadians, while other cultural groups – be they religious, national or ethnic – command that respect without question.

Convincing a rightfully skeptical electorate that the current iteration of the Conservative Party has grown in its thinking is particularly difficult when they are casting moral aspersions – purposefully or not – on LGBTQ Canadians. Suggesting begrudging tolerance for marriage equality is now too far-removed from what the majority of Canadians believe.

What is most troubling is that Conservatives do not see the LGBTQ community as marginalized people who continue to face discrimination. The claim “we will always stand up for their rights” qualified by statements such as “as protected by law,” fails to recognize many LGBTQ Canadians who view the current scope of Canada’s laws as inadequate protection to inoculate them from inequality, discrimination or worse – violence. Cold comfort is the idea that maybe a Conservative government will stand up for you if you are a persecuted minority in Iran or Russia, which suggests LGBTQ people are merely a convenient pawn in a geopolitical foreign-policy manoeuvre.

Societies that respect human rights and the diversity of all their citizens are strong societies. This is a foundational idea and principle that will renew Canada’s success for another generation and strengthen our place in the world. For the Conservative movement to grow, unequivocal support for LGBTQ people cannot be up for debate. When one minority group has their legitimacy questioned, others take notice and wonder if they, too, are excluded.

Being pro-family is not, and cannot be, a dog whistle. If sharing values with voters is necessary to win, the party can make supporting the family unit one of its greatest strengths. But for this to ring true, Tories must recognize that, in 2019, families come in all shapes and sizes, and a prime minister needs to ensure the government of Canada supports all of them.

The continued obfuscation on questions about LGBTQ people lends credence to those who celebrate ignorance and fuels those harbouring ill will and hatred. Canada’s Conservatives ought to call that out and unite Canadians behind a positive vision of the country that truly advances equality of opportunity. This vision of Canada should have supports in place for those needing a hand up, removing the barriers that prevent LGBTQ Canadians from reaching their potential, achieving their dreams and aspiring for better.

Tweaking words here or there will not bring less scrutiny to Mr. Scheer’s position on this issue. Relying on “better communication,” as some MPs have mused, will not do much good when what you have to communicate is not saleable. Now is the time for some serious introspection on the part of Conservatives. Being stuck in the past will not help them win in the future

Until they figure out how to move forward, Canada’s right will have to be satisfied with second place.
                            So you are still trying to tie this story about an exhibitionist to the gay and lesbian community?
                            Shameful.

Comment

Keep digging chuck. The lgtbq community including mellissa Lantana despise pedophiles posing as trans to groom and assault children. Twisting your argument and now deflecting is so telling.

Comment

So you guys in favour of the don't say gay laws in Florida? Or do you support the views of Melissa Lantsman Deputy leader of the Conservative party of Canada who says the Conservatives need to be more progressive on LGBQT issues?

And nobody is in favour pedophiles you jackasses, except maybe Donald Trump and the Republicans who supported an alleged pedophile Judge Roy Moore in one of their campaigns in Alabama.
                                Last edited by chuckChuck; Feb 14, 2023, 08:48.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...