• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trials ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
    Darn, that’s not the wet stuff we need, sorry Tom.
    Glad we have good insurance….

Second storm… June 8 and tonight… inspections set for next week…

Interesting to see how it turns out…

Thankful for the Blessings… no one hurt…

Happy Canada Day!

Comment

Sad to see Tom , ya insurance helps but can also be very frustrating at times .
      Glad we have insurance as well but we will see how that plays out this next week .
      Insurance never replaces the man hours , months of planning , depreciation on all the equipment used and yes pride in doing the most possible to get that crop established and on its way . Especially in adverse dry conditions. Growing crops in excellent moisture and having timely rain is a much easier game .
      But that farming , nothing east about it , ever.
      Several farms here had no hail insurance at all . Could be tough fall for some
      Last edited by furrowtickler; Jul 2, 2023, 06:34.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Actually got some pictures after fishing this morning
        Very interesting now …

MAP left , TopPhos right
        Same as field photo below …

Time will tell how it shakes out if we get enough moisture to fill
        Without the rest of the background information, if I saw these two pictures, I would have given the benefit to the left. In my experience, the sooner a crop finishes the vegetative state and starts heading, the poorer the yield. I haven't followed the entire thread, has it been ahead of the MAP all season, and this is a way to advance maturity and hopefully also increase yield?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          Without the rest of the background information, if I saw these two pictures, I would have given the benefit to the left. In my experience, the sooner a crop finishes the vegetative state and starts heading, the poorer the yield. I haven't followed the entire thread, has it been ahead of the MAP all season, and this is a way to advance maturity and hopefully also increase yield?
          Time will tell but that’s the premise yup
          Or it could be that regular high salt dry fertilizers inhibit early plant growth in dry conditions…. Thats my belief in all crops .

Comment

Soybean trials

30 in research trials right
            15 in variety trials left

Comment

My Soybean Trials…

They were as tall as Furrows the morning of July 1…

5:30pm… nasty storm…

Almost ready to bloom…

Clean sweep…. WOw…

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                My Soybean Trials…

Almost ready to bloom…

Clean sweep…. WOw…
                Lots of that from a huge storm last Sunday in area . Disheartening to say the least .

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                  My Soybean Trials…

Almost ready to bloom…

Clean sweep…. WOw…
                  Heartbreaking.

What are your options now? I assume a long season crop such as soybeans have no hope of coming back in time to make anything? Cattle feed is worth a fortune, can you seed some silage/baleage/greenfeed, or will insurance hold you up too long?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                    Heartbreaking.

What are your options now? I assume a long season crop such as soybeans have no hope of coming back in time to make anything? Cattle feed is worth a fortune, can you seed some silage/baleage/greenfeed, or will insurance hold you up too long?
                    Will be interesting to see what our hail insurance adjuster does… have a neighbor who needs to spread their manure… and now can make some feed for their cattle!

Something Good will happen, I have faith King Jesus can teach us how to be patient, and learn the Farmers age old standby…

There is always next Year!

Blessings everyone… Preparation is always the wise practice to be blessed with peaceful enjoyable lives.

Risk Management is an interesting state of mind!

Cheers, Happy Canada Day Holliday…everyone!

BBQ some steaks and spend some Happy time with family !!!

Have a Safe good day, Canada 🍁 is a wonderful nation to build a better tomorrow!

Comment

I did some deep ripping last fall .
                      Did some low areas and then some compacted areas
                      Along one edge of a field where field traffic has been high over the years I ran one pass .
                      Was concerned I would dry it out too much so I did not do anymore…

Comment

Looking north where I started..

Along the edge looking south again

Comment

Crop is very advanced if picture is accurate. It’s going to be an early harvest?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                            Crop is very advanced if picture is accurate. It’s going to be an early harvest?
                            Unfortunately yes . It’s out of moisture , dried out now . Not sure what will fill heads .

Simply drought stress , push’s maturity , never a good thing

Comment

This should be interesting..

Silas Hrsw left
                              Wheatland hrsw right

Not sure we had enough moisture to actually fill the Silas . Time will tell , but the difference is substantial

Comment

Ended up being very close actually , wheatland better by 1/2 bushel
                                Wheatland better sample
                                Silas was more chaffy as the top 20% of the head was not filled
                                Silas had slightly higher protein

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...