• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check off redunds on the rise

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
    Ummm, you have no choice but to contribute to them for at least 6-8 months at a time, regardless whether you request your money back or not. Why not use the interest free money you paid your dues on already? They got to use your money interest free.

The guys that leave their money stolen off their cheques is gone forever. You talk like it is them that is doing us the favour…
    Relax, I wasn't talking about check-offs. It's your money leave or get it back your choice.

I was referencing like others before me on the thread Cash Advances and CEBA.

$1,000,000 available to all farmers, which includes — ​
    NEW up to $250,000* interest-​free for all eligible commodities,
    interest-bearing portion at prime rate less 0.75%,
    no application fee.

I'll stand by what I said, I feel it's very accurate.

"For all the farmers that don't trust the Liberals and government involvement, there sure are enough of them involved in their programs and a lot of government money being used and taken"

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
      Relax, I wasn't talking about check-offs. It's your money leave or get it back your choice.

I was referencing like others before me on the thread Cash Advances and CEBA.

$1,000,000 available to all farmers, which includes — ​
      NEW up to $250,000* interest-​free for all eligible commodities,
      interest-bearing portion at prime rate less 0.75%,
      no application fee.

I'll stand by what I said, I feel it's very accurate.

"For all the farmers that don't trust the Liberals and government involvement, there sure are enough of them involved in their programs and a lot of government money being used and taken"
      And I will stand by what I said. The dues are paid to use the cash advance. So why throw a guilt trip at people for doing so?

I guess we can agree to disagree.

Comment

Good discussion.

We have End Point royalities which diminish in time to breeders. Meaning new variety maybe $4 per tonne 5 years later may only be $1.50

And we have GRDC grain research development corporation. maybe 0.5%per tonne.

And a state levy graingrowers which is our grass roots lobby group. Again unsure maybe .75%

Over the fence trading of seed is fine.

I grew latest and greatest wheat this year had excess to my needs sold 25t to one guy and 10t to another.
        Next when they deliver tgey will pay royalties as thge elevator or deducted from gross.

Been that way here for no idea 30yrs.

Good years high prices they wallow in funds bad years opposite

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
          Good discussion.

We have End Point royalities which diminish in time to breeders. Meaning new variety maybe $4 per tonne 5 years later may only be $1.50

And we have GRDC grain research development corporation. maybe 0.5%per tonne.

And a state levy graingrowers which is our grass roots lobby group. Again unsure maybe .75%

Over the fence trading of seed is fine.

I grew latest and greatest wheat this year had excess to my needs sold 25t to one guy and 10t to another.
          Next when they deliver tgey will pay royalties as thge elevator or deducted from gross.

Been that way here for no idea 30yrs.

Good years high prices they wallow in funds bad years opposite
          I heard also Australians can develop varieties for a mere fraction of what Canadian programs do. Canada our sales help fund development along with taxpayer dollars then someone buys the rights and PBR’s it in some cases. If it is funded by the people it should remain public. Bloody corporate welfare if you ask me. Someone has skin in the game developing that’s a different story. End point royalties look to be a lot more fair and maybe encourage smaller breeders.

Comment

theres sort of "rough guidelines" breeders dont release new varieties unless they yield 5% more than there previous released types. Maybe 30 trial sites across our state.

so they can spend heaps on something that produces in greenhouse and small plots but when big trials happen if they fail back to drawing board.

dont release for sake of it

big $$$$ when things don pan out

apologies for grammar in previous post

one of our breeding teams is in kahoots with mexican breeders and vice versa studying drought tolerance

all of the above is cereals and pulses.

canola a little different lots of new canola each year some as useful as a chocolate teapot

Comment

And I will stand by what I said. The dues are paid to use the cash advance. So why throw a guilt trip at people for doing so?

I guess we can agree to disagree.
              As an on looker, what dues paid are you referring to?

Farmers have open market they can presell or contract for off the combine delivery. No quota or fixed price waiting for cheques.

Is there any other industry even suppliers that get the same treatment?

Getting Gov't $ so they can hold production for a higher price actually forcing price up is a pretty good gig.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                As an on looker, what dues paid are you referring to?

Farmers have open market they can presell or contract for off the combine delivery. No quota or fixed price waiting for cheques.

Is there any other industry even suppliers that get the same treatment?

Getting Gov't $ so they can hold production for a higher price actually forcing price up is a pretty good gig.
                No other industry has money siphoned directly off their products interest free, or outrightly taken altogether, every time they sell it either…(ie: dues)

The flip side is giving up your on farm stocks and yields to industry and government when you apply for that advance. What is that information worth?
                Last edited by flea beetle; Jan 29, 2023, 19:24.

Comment

No other industry has money siphoned directly off their products interest free, or outrightly taken altogether, every time they sell it either…(ie: dues)

The flip side is giving up your on farm stocks and yields to industry and government when you apply for that advance. What is that information worth?
                  Quite frankly when a company makes huge profits by selling canola for 800.00 per bag I think they should be the ones paying for research and not the farmers. It is in there best interest to keep funding research.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyguy View Post
                    Quite frankly when a company makes huge profits by selling canola for 800.00 per bag I think they should be the ones paying for research and not the farmers. It is in there best interest to keep funding research.
                    I get what you’re saying but I think there would be even less accountability. The Canadian Grain Commission already siphons off $10’s of millions of dollars. Where is all that money going, free grain sampling kits, used by various government departments as another method of tracking your business?
                    What I would pay for is a group that reviews products and companies I use, as an example grain varieties, fertilizer strength and cost comparison, a review of crop insurance companies, and grain buyers. These are areas that missing serious scrutiny and transparency as examples but there are others. Perhaps something like PAMI which I have used many times to help make equipment purchase decisions.
                    Last edited by Stormin; Jan 30, 2023, 07:35.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                      They use the checkoffs to steal from Farmers and fill their pockets !
                      Yup over 500 million and counting in the last 10 years. They say they can't develop a seed company.

Somehow by giving the checkoff funds to seed companies and charge the shit out of seed prices by those checkoff subsidized companies , we are better off.

Not that partnering with Limagrain is a bad thing, but its owned by farmers ----how did that happen????

Maybe what saskcrops should do is cookie cutter that model instead of saying they can't , or its too expensive.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...