• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check off redunds on the rise

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you heard of the Farm Cash and CCGA cash advance programs, that have advanced close to $2.4B to Canadian farms… which has a major impact on grain prices in Canada?

The private and confidential information involved in application for this interest free program is very extensive and sensitive… data breaches are a ever present risk…all these administrators must be at the top of cyber security and privacy protection…

Not information that should be guarded by anyone but the most competent professional people.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
      Have you heard of the Farm Cash and CCGA cash advance programs, that have advanced close to $2.4B to Canadian farms… which has a major impact on grain prices in Canada?

The private and confidential information involved in application for this interest free program is very extensive and sensitive… data breaches are a ever present risk…all these administrators must be at the top of cyber security and privacy protection…

Not information that should be guarded by anyone but the most competent professional people.

Cheers

The phucking info is channeled directly to the graincos.

I am really sorry I engaged in this thread, Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        The phucking info is channeled directly to the graincos.

I am really sorry I engaged in this thread, Tom.
        I thank you for being feisty, bucket.

I don't want no stinking badges (programs). In return, stay out of my wallet as I am not here to provide commission employment. Proud to be a 6 percenter, but would rather get there without the forced paperwork.

Comment

checking

I am still dense. What is a 6 percent?

Does that mean you are running your farm on interest bearing income?

Just asking, no insult is implied.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            checking

I am still dense. What is a 6 percent?

Does that mean you are running your farm on interest bearing income?

Just asking, no insult is implied.
            Tom says only 6% of farmers are asking for their check off money back. Checking is saying he is glad to be part of that group.

Comment

Well I am definitely not proud at all.
              Looking at how things have changed and stayed the same I'd consider leaving it in if I had a multigenerational legacy to pass on. And someone to sit on boards maybe. I don't. Tom knows, not just anyone can advocate. A very very slow grist.
              But I have better places for my money right now. And this is my silent protest for all previous mentioned reasons.
              As usual, I'm talking gibberish.
              Doing more good out than in as I see it.

Comment

Live and let live.

I have threatened to claw my funds back… yet being part of the solution is better than being a rebel…. Strategically… I have been pleasantly surprised that our local farmers have had ability to work on the very issues of concern noted here…. Not perfect yet considered civil attempts to guide federal policies.

Pleased Alberta farmer’s crop commissions are all refundable… which obviously kicks up the accountability quotient considerably.

We are much stronger working together… than lobbing grenadines at each other…

Here is hoping and praying drought doesn’t kick us in the backside in 2023… won’t be pretty if short on rain… very low subsoil reserves here in most of Alberta!

Cheers

Comment

Interesting that RFDTV just reported that disposable income in the US decreased in 2022… $1 Trillion.

3 million people left the US workforce early last year…

Average family lost $6,000 purchasing power in 2022…

Being grumpy is not a solution…. How to derail the New Green Deal… afraid not practical… Climate Change fearmongering lefties have been effective in mortgaging our children’s futures.

Freezing bank accounts is now reality.

The crickets are now being prepared for lunch instead of a nice roast dinner.

Cheers

Comment

I’ve said it before and will again. Don’t plant a crop and see the shit storm that follows. We hold a lot of power but don’t use it because there are too many that went balls deep and are forced to follow the sheep to slaughter. Check offs won’t matter if nothing to check. If we did it once we would have a lot more respect from those who have no clue what we all deal with year in and year out. Townies just see all the fancy paint running around and assume everything is just dandy. They would see things differently it they had to fight for a loaf of bread.

Comment

Don't get out much?

Comment

2.3B! Are farmers that close to insolvency that we have to borrow that amount. What happened to all the money from the previous crop, or is it just poor cash flow management or maybe farmers just like government involved in their businesses.
                        I think all the time spent at commission meetings could have been better spent working on marketing and a business plan.
                        I fail to see how these grain commissions make any difference in my business. If anyone can make a case for higher prices as a result of commissions, I’m willing to listen.
                        Last edited by Stormin; Jan 27, 2023, 20:05.

Comment

Just from the posts on here,

For all the farmers that don't trust the Liberals and government involvement, there sure are enough of them involved in their programs and a lot of government money being used and taken.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                            Just from the posts on here,

For all the farmers that don't trust the Liberals and government involvement, there sure are enough of them involved in their programs and a lot of government money being used and taken.
                            Ummm, you have no choice but to contribute to them for at least 6-8 months at a time, regardless whether you request your money back or not. Why not use the interest free money you paid your dues on already? They got to use your money interest free.

The guys that leave their money stolen off their cheques is gone forever. You talk like it is them that is doing us the favour…

Comment

Refunds would be way higher if simpler to get, I want all my money back from everyone but dont because of intentional bullshit,

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                                Refunds would be way higher if simpler to get, I want all my money back from everyone but dont because of intentional bullshit,
                                They don’t even make it easy to get the form to request your own money back. It should be easily accessible online. Instead you have to phone in and request that they send the form. Can’t even re-use an old form because they change their address or phone number every so often and don’t honour it when you use the old form.

Request your delivered loads in February for august 1 to January 31st delivered loads. And request in august for February 1 to July 31 delivered loads. You will never miss what is coming back to you…except if they try change whether it is the delivered or paid date that they go by when a load is delivered say at the very end of one of those periods and paid after the end of the period. Or else if you defer payment. They like to try change the rules so that you don’t get paid for that load. Ask me how I know😉. Been there, done that.

When called out on it and the necessary paperwork sent in to back it up, they paid…eventually. Thieving crooks!
                                Last edited by flea beetle; Jan 27, 2023, 19:48.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...