• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has to be done thru an act of parliament so end of Sept is earliest he can get it through. Hopefully there is an election and that would put this off another couple months. Time enough to fill some storage if we have to.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Maybe I can broadcast down 500 lbs this fall. That should last me a few yrs until we can get a new govt.
      Govt isnt saying we need 30% fertilizer reduction- Its saying WE need a 30% Emission reduction
      Best way to do that is Outlaw broadcasting bare 46-0-0. Saved you 30% right there jazz

Comment

Watch the quick Dick video this morning..
        He explains it well.

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
          Govt isnt saying we need 30% fertilizer reduction- Its saying WE need a 30% Emission reduction
          Best way to do that is Outlaw broadcasting bare 46-0-0. Saved you 30% right there jazz
          We never once have broadcast 46-0-0.

So how do we reduce emissions when we use best practices all along, with out reducing nutrients to our crops?

BoBo refuses to even discuss this with Provincial Ministers, it is obvious there is no rational plan.

Blessings and Salutations

Comment

Thx mustard man. Great reading of the policy. Injecting weasel words isn’t going to change what they are trying to do.

Maybe some experts can chime in, aren’t farm chemicals and fertilizer provincially regulated?

So this reduction will have to be achieved by harsh taxation. Just like carbon tax. Probably some sustainability audits and all that. And the ultimate hammer a ban on your crop sales for non compliance.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
              We have broadcast 46 ahead of the drill before.
              It’s treated with nitrolyzer no chance to gas off.

They could make you use 50% ESN Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post

So how do we reduce emissions when we use best practices all along, with out reducing nutrients to our crops?

BoBo refuses to even discuss this with Provincial Ministers, it is obvious there is no rational plan.

Blessings and Salutations
                I wonder about whether some of us who leave habitat and so on will be rewarded for doing so, or is this only gunna be about big grain guys reducing overlap or using technology like variable rate etc.?

I have spread 46 several times, but it rains here.

Comment

I find it interesting why floaters are so busy here in west central Alberta….what terrible farmers and ranchers.

Comment

I need to buy a bigger cat **** this shit.

Tom, it's nice to see you are calling our Fed Ag minister which I have had since day one. BOBOO. She was beside me at AIM I should have opened my mouth and said the plots she was looking at were fertilized to the max you don't get even 1/10 of that with Organic. But for once I bit my tongue and didn't say anything.

Its a stupid policy and yes they want us to all go back to the old ways organic and do nothing

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      I need to buy a bigger cat **** this shit.

Tom, it's nice to see you are calling our Fed Ag minister which I have had since day one. BOBOO. She was beside me at AIM I should have opened my mouth and said the plots she was looking at were fertilized to the max you don't get even 1/10 of that with Organic. But for once I bit my tongue and didn't say anything.

Its a stupid policy and yes they want us to all go back to the old ways organic and do nothing
                      So why did the provincial ministers agree to anything if they knew this policy was coming. Seems like the cards have been played on behalf of farmers with incompetent provincial ag ministers. Now the federal government can do wtf they want.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...