• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEFLATION: Comin-in strong

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    yep , and that finishes the economy off
    Would any one really buy a 30yr Canadian bond? Canada is either going to break up or default or maybe both.

Wouldn’t touch govt debt with a 40ft pole no matter the yeild.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Errol, have you taken note of all the govt spending that was announced in the past couple weeks. Until that stops, inflation will continue.

In continued for an entire decade in the 70s, why would you think it comes down in just 9 months. Unless a severe recession is triggered, its not happening. Inflation is becoming endemic now.
      jazz, you may be astonished how fast prices are starting to come down. The consumer is tapped out. Gov't, print all the money you want, the benefits to hiking inflation have run out.

Mortgage rates stateside are now actually dropping and quickly, despite Fed hikes. Lenders are in-a-battle for their survival. Mortgage industry is in total disarray. The Fed backstop is gone, the consumer is gone. Housing sales well-down. There will be bankruptcies this winter and spring. Our rates could be in-decline by spring this recession gains momentum.

Gouging is now in its final stage as suppliers will have to battle for the consumer once again. Media's total inflationary biase has done nothing but convince 'Joe Public' that prices can only go up. This has likely contributed and bred even more gouging, Just look at food company profit margins . . . .

Has the media reported the recent washout in gas prices in Europe? Will the media report the drop in food prices? Has the media commented used car market collapse? This list of what is apparently not news worthy goes on and on . . . because its not inflationary.

I'm calling the media out because they fan-the-flames with their stories and have done a piss-poor job of unbiased reporting in the current rapidly changing economic environment.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
        jazz, you may be astonished how fast prices are starting to come down. The consumer is tapped out. Gov't, print all the money you want, the benefits to hiking inflation have run out.

Mortgage rates stateside are now actually dropping and quickly, despite Fed hikes. Lenders are in-a-battle for their survival. Mortgage industry is in total disarray. The Fed backstop is gone, the consumer is gone. Housing sales well-down. There will be bankruptcies this winter and spring. Our rates could be in-decline by spring this recession gains momentum.

Gouging is now in its final stage as suppliers will have to battle for the consumer once again. Media's total inflationary biase has done nothing but convince 'Joe Public' that prices can only go up. This has likely contributed and bred even more gouging, Just look at food company profit margins . . . .

Has the media reported the recent washout in gas prices in Europe? Will the media report the drop in food prices? Has the media commented used car market collapse? This list of what is apparently not news worthy goes on and on . . . because its not inflationary.

I'm calling the media out because they fan-the-flames with their stories and have done a piss-poor job of unbiased reporting in the current rapidly changing economic environment.
        I tend to agree.

This is an example of why I consider the news noise and pay little attention to it.

Comment

Originally posted by wheatking16 View Post
          I tend to agree.

This is an example of why I consider the news noise and pay little attention to it.
          As I learned the lesson the hard way once again this week.
          The day of the missile strike and the day before, I thought the markets were feeling toppy. So I sold some barley and a significant amount of wheat, and was making my mind up about how much canola to price and when and where, when the news came out about the missile strike. So thinking I had dodged a bullet, I changed my mind and did not price any canola. And missed the best opportunity we've had for some time. I would have just ignored the news and looked at the daily closing price, I would have happily sold quite a bit more.

Comment

[QUOTE=wheatking16;553977]I tend to agree.

This is an example of why I consider the news noise and pay little attention to it..

That's funny...grain markets are 85% politics...and politics gives a fk about sales timing...

The politics of China, Canada and Australia canola is noise?

Will anyone still be bullish canola $100 under where it closed Friday or is everyone now bearish?

Comment

Larry,

Where black oil and LNG go... will put a floor in soy , corn, and therefore Canola. If Mexico really is going to embargo GM corn... that could create an interesting market for barley and feed wheat... plus the Black sea corridor remaining open... sun oil processing in Ukraine will be tough... with Putin pounding the power grid continuously.... the shortage of diesel... so many wildcards... Alberta is really dry... canola rotation just like peas... diseases extending out rotations....

Volatility in grain markets.... like the ocean tide going in and out....

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                As I learned the lesson the hard way once again this week.
                The day of the missile strike and the day before, I thought the markets were feeling toppy. So I sold some barley and a significant amount of wheat, and was making my mind up about how much canola to price and when and where, when the news came out about the missile strike. So thinking I had dodged a bullet, I changed my mind and did not price any canola. And missed the best opportunity we've had for some time. I would have just ignored the news and looked at the daily closing price, I would have happily sold quite a bit more.
                me too

Comment

Costco stated they would cut prices due to lower shipping costs and they certainly have. Some products now showing aggressive price discounts.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                    Costco stated they would cut prices due to lower shipping costs and they certainly have. Some products now showing aggressive price discounts.
                    Wheres errol these days....

Click image for larger version

Name:	12334.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	774327

Comment

Still waiting for deflation

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Still waiting for deflation
                        Check wheat prices. Down $0.40 per bushel during the 2 trading days this year so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                          Check wheat prices. Down $0.40 per bushel during the 2 trading days this year so far.
                          Yup , not good

Comment

Comment

Wheat bought a lot more then.

Friend said his dad used to say a good 1/4 of land and a combine were a similar price?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                                Wheat bought a lot more then.

Friend said his dad used to say a good 1/4 of land and a combine were a similar price?
                                You mean a saddle horse and plow was worth a 1/4 of land…..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...