• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of the two elevators I follow locally, one went down as much as you would expect given the futures action today. The other went up by a lot across the board and closer to spring they're up almost a dollar today alone.
    One purchaser must know something that the other one doesn't.

Comment

AF5,
      Don't be afraid to name names.

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
        AF5,
        Cutting Vancouver out of grain rail delivery will mess up western Canadian Canola and wheat markets in the short term… will be interesting to see if this is a black swan event that changes fundamental direction.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
          AF5,
          The elevator that went down rhymes with ichardson, the one that went up rhymes with atterson. Does that help?

Comment

Originally posted by wheatking16 View Post
            Nice call TechAnalyst.

My next level of interest is similar, at 1142

[ATTACH]9190[/ATTACH]

This may need a few more days to settle down, however, I want to be long above 1018 and not below with my next level of interest remaining at 1142.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RSF22_Barchart_Interactive_Chart_11_16_2021.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	772071

Comment

if rail lines wash out on way to Vancouver, how long fo you think it will take to rebuild them in our Covid world.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                if rail lines wash out on way to Vancouver, how long fo you think it will take to rebuild them in our Covid world.
                A long time.

Comment

At least CN shippers have the option of Prince Rupert. That facility better pull up its socks and prepare to get at it.
                  Rosco

Comment

Most crop in this area gone already
                    Not much left on most farms here and east

Comment

Very grain market up today, except canola (down $15)

Impossible to figure this stuff out with out export reporting. Thats why its going down, right? With the rail service repairs cant get canola to port so importers don’t bid the market up, right?

I hope no one sells into this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                        Very grain market up today, except canola (down $15)

Impossible to figure this stuff out with out export reporting. Thats why its going down, right? With the rail service repairs cant get canola to port so importers don’t bid the market up, right?

I hope no one sells into this.
                        I would assume that the slide is due to speculator fear of export canola dropping short term. All money guys jumping ship not grain companies. Reality is I doubt much new sales for canola will export west anyhow, grain companies have their committed sales and they will have to wait till rail service resumes or ship to PRupert. Anything they are buying now is going to crush plants. Hard to stomach some days but just gotta give it some time and it will jump back up with fireworks.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                          I would assume that the slide is due to speculator fear of export canola dropping short term. All money guys jumping ship not grain companies. Reality is I doubt much new sales for canola will export west anyhow, grain companies have their committed sales and they will have to wait till rail service resumes or ship to PRupert. Anything they are buying now is going to crush plants. Hard to stomach some days but just gotta give it some time and it will jump back up with fireworks.
                          New Crop 2022/23 [$838/$841 are up, as are May and July... rebalance going on... New crop Nexera now $20.50 plus bonuses

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                            New Crop 2022/23 [$838/$841 are up, as are May and July... rebalance going on... New crop Nexera now $20.50 plus bonuses

Cheers
                            Does new crop have act of god ?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...