• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
    +50 basis for january this morning with large chunks to sell
    +55 basis for january this aft

that wont be posted on websites
    Speaking of which, why is it that Canadian elevators and end users that I'm aware of don't post basis separately, but American buyers seem to post basis separately almost without exception from what I've seen.
    Without a phone call, I never know what month they are bidding off of , and therefore never certain what the basiqs is either.
    Or is that just me?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      Speaking of which, why is it that Canadian elevators and end users that I'm aware of don't post basis separately, but American buyers seem to post basis separately almost without exception from what I've seen.
      Without a phone call, I never know what month they are bidding off of , and therefore never certain what the basiqs is either.
      Or is that just me?
      Richardson posts theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
        Richardson posts theirs.
        Must be here thing then. I get the daily email from a local Richardson and the basis is never listed.

Comment

If you sign up you can access market prices with basis.

Comment

Originally posted by TechAnalyst View Post
            Jan closed at $1004.40/t today for those that missed it, making the offer $24/bu
            That must be close to a crush plant or second last stop before VCR?

Comment

Originally posted by TechAnalyst View Post
              There was a buy signal (that I follow) on the daily Jan Canola chart triggered back in mid September. It is working out nicely with an initial target of $1015/t and a secondary at $1,059.
              Initial target hit with Jan at $1016 as I type.

With a record high (albeit due to a squeeze) of $1101 for 1974, I see no reason to suspect the secondary target won't be hit as well.

Comment

Nice call TechAnalyst.

My next level of interest is similar, at 1142

Click image for larger version

Name:	RSF22_Barchart_Interactive_Chart_11_12_2021 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	772056

Comment

1044 next objective here and actually 1059 fits better

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                    Must be here thing then. I get the daily email from a local Richardson and the basis is never listed.
                    yes open website
                    their website is really good , easy to use , even for someone like me !

Comment

tech, 101, larry , wheat king , others , thanks for your input
                      super helpful to us , marketing can be like learning another language for some of us !

Comment

Glad to help (if it does).

Knowledge is power and we need all the help we can get as an industry.

Comment

Retrace possibility 987-995 area

Comment

What’s with this pull back while soybeans are green? Profit taking or more related to the decrease in soy oil of late?

Comment

Our local crusher dropped basis $15/tonne last week. Usually not a good sign along with dropping futures. Don't shoot the messenger, just saying. I sold a little at $23

Comment

Stats Can made a secret trip out to SKFs yard while he’s down south, checked his bins and found he had tons more than he actually reported. 🤣🤣

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...