• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

media and the BTOs and a rant

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the drought is serious this summer, but you really believe someone can predict what it will be like next summer? If there is anyone that could he/she they wouldn't be making weather predictions.

There are two major air lines in Canada, a lot easier for the government to hand out money to them.

According to Stats Canada (2016) there are appox 107,000 farmers in Western Canada (not sure what qualifies you as a farmer) and I'm sure everyone of them would say the drought has had an effect on them in some form.

Of course not all own farm land, how do you address those situations?

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
      Yes the drought is serious this summer, but you really believe someone can predict what it will be like next summer? If there is anyone that could he/she they wouldn't be making weather predictions.

There are two major air lines in Canada, a lot easier for the government to hand out money to them.

According to Stats Canada (2016) there are appox 107,000 farmers in Western Canada (not sure what qualifies you as a farmer) and I'm sure everyone of them would say the drought has had an effect on them in some form.

Of course not all own farm land, how do you address those situations?
      I still think just top up crop insurance, not rocket science here

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        You are justifying the governments inaction.

What's your motive?
        No motive, just dealing with reality here. I just know how govts work. They are not concerned about the drought at all, they are concerned about votes, nothing more and the bare minimum to maintain them. Its just virtue signaling and stalling hard decisions on both sides of the isle.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          No motive, just dealing with reality here. I just know how govts work. They are not concerned about the drought at all, they are concerned about votes, nothing more and the bare minimum to maintain them. Its just virtue signaling and stalling hard decisions on both sides of the isle.
          Well I think if the liberals were to send out a payment ....it might mean some conservatives can't take the farmers votes for granted...

Maybe why the conservatives are quiet...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            Good answer...and I can't argue the logic.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
              One without crop insurance would need a top up more than one with crop insurance would they not ??
              If you can’t be bothered to take a subsidized crop insurance, you should’ve socked away your premiums over the years.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...