• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Dry Is it?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching for a change in pattern.

Also Southern US expecting some heavy rains.

Click image for larger version

Name:	may weather.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	771077

Comment

Yesterday’s rain forecast for May18-25th went from 40mm to 13mm now, I think the weather network is clueless, will wait for Drew’s forecast tomorrow before making my next depth adjustment on the drill. The current quarters were on today and tomorrow received about 3 tenths on Friday and are going in at a half inch.

Comment

Eastern TX, OK, KS, Western Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri in for a big dump. Red is 5-7 inches, blue is 1-2 inches.

Click image for larger version

Name:	p168i.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	771078 .
        Last edited by jazz; May 16, 2021, 19:19.

Comment

Blue would settle the dust for a couple of days that would be nice.

Comment

YR NO took all the rain out of our forcast. All I have to watch there is the below zero forcast for Thursday and Friday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
              Yesterday’s rain forecast for May18-25th went from 40mm to 13mm now, I think the weather network is clueless, will wait for Drew’s forecast tomorrow before making my next depth adjustment on the drill. The current quarters were on today and tomorrow received about 3 tenths on Friday and are going in at a half inch.
              Weather network has SFA to do with predicting weather
              It’s just an advertising scam and climate change hoax channel
              It’s a joke

Comment

Zero rain here and frost expected
                Love these long growing seasons lol

Comment

Accuweather just updated the 7 day forcast!!
                  I looked at a few areas.
                  Biggar SK and -5,-4,-4,-2,-3,0,-1 from wed to sunday!!!
                  Battleford and Prince albert a few minus nights as well.
                  Even south of Saskatoon has 0 to -4 a couple nights now!
                  YR.NO is much warmer and showing rain for friday.
                  I will not ever look at the weather network for anything.
                  They have gone full climate scare and Kung-flu sensationalism!!

Comment

Exactly RY

Frost free days seem to get less every year , especially the past 4
                    Yet some still cling to the climate change , global warming gospel
                    Reality is much different.

This one will not be good facing the highest costs in history as the entire ag industry has jacked up costs on everything due to grain prices which mean absolutely nothing if we get a 2002
                    And right now the potential is huge for that .
                    But the word will be record crop prices and huge increase in farmers profits way before the majority of the crop is even out out of the ground if it comes up , let alone what kind of a crop may come off in fall.
                    2002 , but this could be far worse with massively over inflated costs .

Food for thought ...... for those that can’t see reality at this time .

Things can change, but right now looking at the current situation it’s a bit more than concerning .

Comment

I feel for the cow calf guy....and by extension the rest of the beef industry....the hay crop is some phucked already.

And after these 30 degree days plus a couple cold nights...without a rain to get the grass restarted there is a world of hurt coming.

no mention of that in the provincial crop report...

Comment

Its going to go from plus 30 for 2 days to freezing overnight for the next two.

Rain forecast has turned to a dusting of snow. Guys have wheat seeded Apr 25th around here. Finally decided to poke its head out after all those -10 nights. Now gets a good shot of cold and some freezing precip.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          Zero rain here and frost expected
                          Love these long growing seasons lol
                          Yea , lucky they’re longer , wait WTF ?....,,,.

Comment

Day 3 of watching our rain forecast, we’ve gone from 40mm to 13mm and now forecasting 6mm.

Comment

Got so cold 🥶 and dry 🌵 here we sold the camel 🐪 and got a high desert lama .

Comment

Dry enough that it appears that the weeds are getting past the ppi application of Marksman on the corn.

We had about 1mm yesterday, just enough to dampen the surface down about 1/2".

We planted into moisture and the corn was up in 6 days.
                                Last edited by burnt; May 23, 2021, 06:57.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...