• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Dry Is it?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucket..........
    Ma Nature is completely in control and we’re just along for the ride. Make the best of it and enjoy. Hopefully we all get the sun and rain required to play the game another year🍀

This barley is gonna be going in a little dry.......... last year it was too wet to seed and the year before it was poplar trees. Fun times.......

Comment

Hit the lottery got rained out today just before supper, about 1/4” almost made it thru the old moisture. Hoping for another tenth or so overnight but doubtful, will continue to put canola in at just over a 1”, would of liked a bit more rain to lower our depth to a half inch, still better than nothing.
      Last edited by Sodbuster; May 14, 2021, 22:31.

Comment

YR NO has 3 in rain forcast for my area staring thursday thru sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
          Something changed in the pattern in the last few days. Brutal winds, cold nights have stopped. Blocking high moving on? Letting some moisture in? Hope so.

Subsoil moisture has been decent to seed into, but it has dried out fast after disturbance. That april snow was a savior. I caught a lucky 3/10s on one canola field.

Comment

Please share even a 1/2 in ? Lol

No rain here
            No snow a month ago
            Hopefully next week , but who knows now

Comment

If the forecast holds soybeans Monday with fingers crossed. HRS is coming up nicely.

Comment

It’s so dry here I might even convince a few locals I have nice soil!
                Haven’t had conditions this nice for close to 20 years. Will need rain eventually.

Comment

The took all that rain away already.
                  Farmzone still has 6 days of raindrops. See how long that lasts.

Comment

Forty mm in our forecast from May 18 - May 25, I’m writing down the rain forecast every day now to see if the keep pushing the rain ahead. We’re seeding in a field today that received enough rain in yesterday’s thunderstorm to bring the moisture right thru the dry, changed our seeding depth this morning to 1/2” for the next 4 quarters and will be back at a inch after that until I’m more confident on the rain forecast.

Comment

Looks like the old Hoar frost myth falls on its face again!
                      If I remember right December had a lot of different hoar frosts?

Comment

1" in thundershowers last night at 9pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
                          1" in thundershowers last night at 9pm.
                          Where at?

Comment

East of McKague.

Comment

We are so dry we are farting dust here. Missed the real big snows earlier and not a drop of rain this spring.Pasture and hay very poor and all sloughs dried out.

Comment

It used to be the sloughs were the back up plan for hay shortages. Today they are all dry, being farmed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...