• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mea Culpa

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
    Can't use a dictionary? Phrase used as a noun . You did not get the joke.
    OK, I concede. It would have been much funnier if it hadn't taken multiple posts for you to realize the spelling error, then pretend it was on purpose. If anyone else didn't get the joke, it is spelled Mea not Mia, which is either a ladies name, or acronym for missing in action.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
      ... I cannot stand BS and call it out when I can verify it is BS.
      Good policy.
      But I need to ask, I don't recall you ever challenging any of Chuck's outlandish claims. How have you managed to avoid that, do you just never read any of his posts?
      Or does your BS filter have a bias on it, that only picks up BS from one side of the political spectrum, while accepting everything on the other side as gospel?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        OK, I concede. It would have been much funnier if it hadn't taken multiple posts for you to realize the spelling error, then pretend it was on purpose. If anyone else didn't get the joke, it is spelled Mea not Mia, which is either a ladies name, or acronym for missing in action.
        It would have been funnier if a lot of words are not changed by autocorrect these days. More than one person on here has expressed frustration over that damn autocorrect. And I certainly could see it happening from Mea to Mia seeing as on my computer Mea comes up as incorrect spelling. How did you know this did not happen AF? Or did it make you feel superior by trying to publically embarrass someone for a spelling mistake?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          Good policy.
          But I need to ask, I don't recall you ever challenging any of Chuck's outlandish claims. How have you managed to avoid that, do you just never read any of his posts?
          Or does your BS filter have a bias on it, that only picks up BS from one side of the political spectrum, while accepting everything on the other side as gospel?
          Good question and I will give you a number of reasons.
          1. most importantly, I don't recall a post where someone did not call out Chuck for something he posted no matter if it was his opinion, or a cut and paste. The point has already been made so why the need to pile on. More and louder voices does not make anything more right or wrong, just loudedr
          2. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and as long as it is expressed as an opinion and not presented as fact I do not consider it BS.
          3. Much of what Chuck posts he backs up with evidence and credible sources. If I disagree with what he claims I can check out the source. If the source turns out to be an opinion column or talking TV head I would not hesitate to call BS. However if it is a peer reviewed study readily available to the public I am not qualified to call BS.
          4. I have to admit that i don't read everything Chuck posts, just like I don't read a lot of other posts if I am not interested in the subject being talked about. So maybe he is posting BS sometimes but I miss it.
          5. Lots of topics, like climate change, has scientific support on both sides. Just because one scientist says one thing and one says another does not make one side right and the other wrong because you agree with scientist A. It should lead to a healthy debate backed up with evidence, not name calliing and insinuations of bias (or political based filtering as you accuse me of).

Has there ever been anything posted on here which you knew was BS which you did not call out? Why not - if you think calling out BS is good policy?
          Last edited by dmlfarmer; Jan 3, 2021, 12:27.

Comment

Has there ever been anything posted on here which you knew was BS which you did not call out? Why not - if you think calling out BS is good policy?
            Here is an example right from this very thread where I call out BS:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210103_132944.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	770631

Comment

It would have been funnier if a lot of words are not changed by autocorrect these days. More than one person on here has expressed frustration over that damn autocorrect. And I certainly could see it happening from Mea to Mia seeing as on my computer Mea comes up as incorrect spelling. How did you know this did not happen AF? Or did it make you feel superior by trying to publically embarrass someone for a spelling mistake?
              Caseih, i'm afraid you have a big job ahead of you fufilling your new years resolution to make these two laugh more. My attempt has failed miserably. Very commendable that you are willing to try though.

Comment

Everyone needs to watch some Seinfeld clips , that’ll make them laugh
                Right forage

Comment

I don't remember you calling out grassfarmer for pointing out spelling mistakes. He did it on an almost daily basis.

Comment

Mea culpa sorry for spelling error.

Comment

Now I'm left trying to figure out if this post is an intentional joke, or just accidentally funny.

Either way, it's a good one!

Comment

Good question and I will give you a number of reasons.
                        1. most importantly, I don't recall a post where someone did not call out Chuck for something he posted no matter if it was his opinion, or a cut and paste. The point has already been made so why the need to pile on. More and louder voices does not make anything more right or wrong, just loudedr
                        2. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and as long as it is expressed as an opinion and not presented as fact I do not consider it BS.
                        3. Much of what Chuck posts he backs up with evidence and credible sources. If I disagree with what he claims I can check out the source. If the source turns out to be an opinion column or talking TV head I would not hesitate to call BS. However if it is a peer reviewed study readily available to the public I am not qualified to call BS.
                        4. I have to admit that i don't read everything Chuck posts, just like I don't read a lot of other posts if I am not interested in the subject being talked about. So maybe he is posting BS sometimes but I miss it.
                        5. Lots of topics, like climate change, has scientific support on both sides. Just because one scientist says one thing and one says another does not make one side right and the other wrong because you agree with scientist A. It should lead to a healthy debate backed up with evidence, not name calliing and insinuations of bias (or political based filtering as you accuse me of).

Still curious why you won’t say which province you live in? Simple question lots of avoidance!

Comment

I hate to nitpick, but punctuation is important too.
                          Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jan 3, 2021, 19:20.

Comment

we need grass back , to straighten this shit out

Comment

Good lord, I left this thread for a day because it was getting repetitive and now it’s turned into an argument about Latin typos and Chuck?!

😂😂😂😂😂🤦*♀️

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                                we need grass back , to straighten this shit out
                                Definitely an instance involving mixed blessings...

Click image for larger version

Name:	clothespin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	770633

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...