• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lentil genetics paid for with farmer check offs were gifted to other nations...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Yeah we are going to have to stop buying so many consumer goods from China so that they don't need so many containers and then there will be some empty ones for food crops. Hapag is sending empties back empty to Asia to speed up the turn around for Chinese exports! What a stupid world we live in!
    The stupid part is what is the delay in Canada to refill them?

I see container on trains everyday I haul grain....they have to be taken of the vessel and put on a train and unloaded and then the procedure reverses.....somewhere in there there should be an opportunity to stuff a container in less than an hour and get it back to China. ..

Answer that riddle and you have an answer for solving the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      The stupid part is what is the delay in Canada to refill them?

I see container on trains everyday I haul grain....they have to be taken of the vessel and put on a train and unloaded and then the procedure reverses.....somewhere in there there should be an opportunity to stuff a container in less than an hour and get it back to China. ..

Answer that riddle and you have an answer for solving the problem.
      When you deliver to the elevator where do they get cleaned for export? Do prairie high through puts clean them or are the most cleaned at port? In land terminals should have been licensed as terminals and had to follow terminal rules. They can and do the same work. Another screw up. IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
        When you deliver to the elevator where do they get cleaned for export? Do prairie high through puts clean them or are the most cleaned at port? In land terminals should have been licensed as terminals and had to follow terminal rules. They can and do the same work. Another screw up. IMHO.
        My local will clean cereals...wheat and durum....everything else just gets loaded....

Sort of odd because they buy lentils and you can do a good job of cleaning them at the same settings as wheat...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          My local will clean cereals...wheat and durum....everything else just gets loaded....

Sort of odd because they buy lentils and you can do a good job of cleaning them at the same settings as wheat...
          Think they are scared of splits but I wonder how many are shipped with dockage in. Cleaned at end user the dockage would be very valuable for feed in those countries.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...