• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
    Dec Chicago 579 3/8. Was bid up to 587 3/4. Sure doesn't like this level it seems. If it does settle above 582 3/4 it will be notable. Dec 5.60 puts trading at 550US
    Thanks for your insight . Have not paid enough attention to wheat . Ours is dry and in the bin so now with harvest complete and fall jobs under way will be time to watch and listen here for the next few months

Comment

Sold my low protein wheat already to make room for flax....what I may have lost in wheat I make up on my flax.....actually its already moved from 13.80 to 15...plus I have filled and emptied that bin twice....

Comment

Does Canada keep track of wheat and other crops that are sold in the USA direct from farmers? Now that farmers are hauling grain directly how do we really know how much is being exported it doesn't even need to be inspected or any documentation anymore does it?

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
          Does Canada keep track of wheat and other crops that are sold in the USA direct from farmers? Now that farmers are hauling grain directly how do we really know how much is being exported it doesn't even need to be inspected or any documentation anymore does it?
          101 might have the digits, but I would think it's minor. "X" kms from the border and it wouldn't make "cents".

Comment

The reply from most would be "who cares". .

Why have transparency in an open market...

Maybe a CGC or statscan lurker could comment.
            Last edited by bucket; Oct 5, 2020, 09:09.

Comment

Not an exacting calculation. Likely never was, but sales to the US from all sources less
              licensed facilities might be somewhere between 200 and 225 thousand tonnes so far this year from Alberta, Sask and MB. Just a guess really. But if anywhere close it is certainly a significant amount. 30% of total?

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                Dec Chicago 579 3/8. Was bid up to 587 3/4. Sure doesn't like this level it seems. If it does settle above 582 3/4 it will be notable. Dec 5.60 puts trading at 550US
                When was previous highs back in jan or was it march when covid was gaining momentum in markets april even

Comment

Just looked 581.5 in Jan and 579.5 in March. Last nights close was 584.25.

Driven by dryness in blacksea baltic states it seems

Ukraine wheat acres to shrink 10% thats alot of tonnes
                  Last edited by malleefarmer; Oct 5, 2020, 16:30.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Thanks for your insight . Have not paid enough attention to wheat . Ours is dry and in the bin so now with harvest complete and fall jobs under way will be time to watch and listen here for the next few months
                    It doesn’t appear to be a good year to jump at the first post harvest “special” based on #1, 13.5 protein.

Comment

Interesting comments from you guys.

Pondering.

Gut feel here if wheat is $285 to $295/300
                      on farm a awful lot will be sold for cash straight of combine in nov dec. per metric tonne.

Currently about $10 under the above but trader tells me guys hedging there bets scale up selling incremental.

Canola quite the luctative $600 on farm hoped for by many cant see it myself $30 under that at moment and massive reckon best ever canola crop coming for aust. But strangely traders doing bussiness into SE Asia so some guys must be selling last week or so.

Bin busting rains again forecasted tommorow in all key grain areas.

Historically very very good spondoolee.

To push it 20 30 higher than that black swan event needed wheat and can9la.

Feed barley currently 212 on farm spread bewtween wheat and barley historically wide.

Domestic end users may swing to feed barley at expense of wheat .

Not sure butvreckon canada and Australia compete for same canola markets.

But like i said some bussiness getting done. Think i read somwere lastcweek shipping slot booked for late dec shipment of canola.

Growers have access to shipping info and tenders.

Cheers

Comment

Mallee, this might be a schtoopit question, but does Australia have a futures trading platform for wheat, canola or other grains?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201006-065325.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	770197

Isn't the gap between potential port selling prices and inland terminal delivered prices getting a little too damned wide?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            [ATTACH]6744[/ATTACH]

Isn't the gap between potential port selling prices and inland terminal delivered prices getting a little too damned wide?!?!?!?!?!
                            no , grain co's are assuming all the risk , spending all the money to grow it , why shouldn't they take 40%?*

Comment

Fake news...

Comment

I'd be happy for the most part,,, if we had fair and accurate conversion from USD to CAD.
                                The graincos use the exchange rate as another avenue to add to their bottom line.
                                I was just as loud of a voice as any in getting rid of the Board, but the last years when you could Fixed price, the farmer was getting close to 100% of the difference in foreign exchange between USD and CAD.
                                I'd never want to go back under the Board, their Fixed price and Pooling choice was just too little, too late, especially after they started buying ships and other sh*t.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...