• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    [ATTACH]6839[/ATTACH]

How much of this price "indication" is a fair farmgate price.
    Wow cps is higher than cwrs at Vancouver. It is still 50-75 cents/bus below cwrs at the elevator here. Must not have got the memo.

Farma where do you get this info??

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
      Wow cps is higher than cwrs at Vancouver. It is still 50-75 cents/bus below cwrs at the elevator here. Must not have got the memo.

CPSR was worth more than cwrs here for two weeks . Not sure now , have not checked the past few days

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post

A subscription from a guy who puts a hell of an effort into compiling market data and info.

I hope he doesn't mind me taking a snippet of that. I believe it is public information off a Gov website but I will let him package it all up with everything else and deliver it all to me or anyone who wants to subscribe to his service.

I post it to spark conversation about local bids versus port "asking" prices. The Gov website disclaimer states its an indication only and prices might be higher or lower.

Got to wonder how efficiency gains by elevator and rail consolidation and cheaper unit train freight etc has impacted the difference between port prices and farmgate prices compared to the last days of the monopoly and a more archaic system of handling and moving grain to port.

Comment

MW room for more but mind the volatility. Wheat prices are about at the 92nd percentile for Saskatoon area going back to summer 2016.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MW volatility.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	770260

Comment

Read something in the WP.

My goodness, when analysts can't even agree on wheat price direction based on technical analysis, what good is technical analysis? Looking "back", over what time frame?

Comment

Will Argentina allienate their export wheat market by approving Genetically Modified wheat?
              How many markets will be willing to accept it? Remember Triffid?
              Is this an opportunity for Canada?

Comment

Will Argentina allienate their export wheat market by approving Genetically Modified wheat?
                Perhaps China and Brazil don't care about GM Wheat... so as long as they do not make China mad... ???

Comment

Tell me I am conspiracy theorist. Durum graded a #3 cause the guy with the microscope thought he saw some frost damage maybe some ergot, lighter test weights. Told them I will sit on it until spring.

Well look at that, get a call Friday and its magically a #2 now. Funny how that works.

Comment

What feature has this GMO wheat been modified for? Herbicide resistance? Disease resistance? Structural/standability? Insect/pest resistance? Seed quality/protein/yield?

How about a GMO wheat that grows well in saline soils?
                    How about a herbicide resistant wheat that can be sprayed to kill foxtail, in crop.
                    How about perennial wheat?

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                      What feature has this GMO wheat been modified for? Herbicide resistance? Disease resistance? Structural/standability? Insect/pest resistance? Seed quality/protein/yield?

How about a herbicide resistant wheat that can be sprayed to kill foxtail, in crop.
                      Reducing farmers input costs?

What the hell are you talking about.

Sarcasm.
                      Last edited by bucket; Oct 26, 2020, 11:25.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post

Supposedly put in a sunflower gene for drought tolerance. In some camps I doubt it matters.....as long as its an unadultered pristine virgin seeds used to grow the crop. Because Mother Nature never adapts to change or creates genetic mutations...right?

Comment

Read something in the WP.

My goodness, when analysts can't even agree on wheat price direction based on technical analysis, what good is technical analysis? Looking "back", over what time frame?
                          Black sea was more or less out of the wheat export market for 100 years. Their return which ramped up after 2012 has changed everything

Comment

Minneapolis wheat down big today.

Did Farmaholic and Saskfarmer sell a few bins?

Comment

Wheat 25-40 cents down from Thursday/Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                                Minneapolis wheat down big today.

Did Farmaholic and Saskfarmer sell a few bins?
                                I'm holding out for $8.00

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...