• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm Solar Scam

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tweety View Post
    But the problem is the bill isn't based on use. That is unfair, legislated so. Plain and simple and needs to be changed in order for the innovation and development to occur in renewable energy. My gas bill ranges from $20 to 200$ and they have plenty of infrastructure as well. Internet bill, based on data. Phone bill based on minutes/data. Diesel bill based on how many liters. Electricity - crooked business spearheaded by Steve West.

Do you have an open market free trade sort of solution in mind if not pay by use? Again, not asking for free power, just asking to have the bill reflect the power i am actually using for that month/day/year/ whatever so that if i generate my own electricity the reduction in power i use is reflected in the bill.

All I know for sure Tweety and all left turners ....... 6CO2+6H2O+light -> C6H12O6 +6O2

Translation:
    CO2 and water and sun makes Glucose in plants and Oxygen Always has and Always will. Amen

Comment

Don’t hit submit twice Dummy.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
        All I know for sure Tweety and all left turners ....... 6CO2+6H2O+light -> C6H12O6 +6O2

Translation:
        CO2 and water and sun makes Glucose in plants and Oxygen Always has and Always will. Amen
        I can confirm that they do still teach photosynthesis in school. Not sure how Chuck managed to miss that entire lesson.
        Imagine the poor teachers. Just finish teaching little Johnny and Susie ( and Ahmed etc.) about the necessity of CO2, then in the next lesson, go back to brainwashing that they are all going to die in 12 years because of CO2. Then we wonder why we have ended up with a generation of Science deniers like Chuck et al.

Comment

But the problem is the bill isn't based on use. That is unfair, legislated so. Plain and simple and needs to be changed in order for the innovation and development to occur in renewable energy. My gas bill ranges from $20 to 200$ and they have plenty of infrastructure as well. Internet bill, based on data. Phone bill based on minutes/data. Diesel bill based on how many liters. Electricity - crooked business spearheaded by Steve West.

Do you have an open market free trade sort of solution in mind if not pay by use? Again, not asking for free power, just asking to have the bill reflect the power i am actually using for that month/day/year/ whatever so that if i generate my own electricity the reduction in power i use is reflected in the bill.
          And it costs nothing to deliver and pickup your power?

When it can comes through the air like your internet talk to me about the fixed vs variable costs of power.

Edit Oh and yes the cost of the poles and wire to your meter has nothing to do with the amount of power you use. But it is still there. Try using the argument with your insurance agent. But, but I haven't claimed on it. Why are you charging me?
          Last edited by LEP; Aug 24, 2020, 14:19.

Comment

His (her) argument looks even sillier in print
            Wants power co to run a line to the house for free
            Leftard way , i guess
            Oh and power distribution is gonna get a hell of a lot more expensive in the near future
            All the poles here have a serious lean to the east here after that 150 mph west wind
            Upkeep a real big deal for power lines, grids , transformer stations, etc, what we need is a nuke reactor in every yard

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
              And it costs nothing to deliver and pickup your power?

When it can comes through the air like your internet talk to me about the fixed vs variable costs of power.

Edit Oh and yes the cost of the poles and wire to your meter has nothing to do with the amount of power you use. But it is still there. Try using the argument with your insurance agent. But, but I haven't claimed on it. Why are you charging me?
              The internet magically comes thru the air without infrastructure - cool, I did not know that.

You pay for it in your power bill. The watts you use, like most other businesses.

Like I said, then you come up with a resolve to balance the disparity. The disparity being the thing you are actually using is barely charged for to ensure renewable energy remains noncompetitive, you instead are paying the majority of the cost for the delivery mechanism.

Probably a pointless discussion since you guys just hate the concept of a competitive market where your power could be much cheaper, cleaner, and not dependent on a single source. You must miss the wheat board.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                His (her) argument looks even sillier in print
                Wants power co to run a line to the house for free
                Leftard way , i guess
                Oh and power distribution is gonna get a hell of a lot more expensive in the near future
                All the poles here have a serious lean to the east here after that 150 mph west wind
                Upkeep a real big deal for power lines, grids , transformer stations, etc, what we need is a nuke reactor in every yard
                I read somewhere that it is $1,000 per pole. Not sure if that is installed or not and there are a million poles that need to be replaced by Saskpower in the next 10 years.

Comment

The internet magically comes thru the air without infrastructure - cool, I did not know that.

You pay for it in your power bill. The watts you use, like most other businesses.

Like I said, then you come up with a resolve to balance the disparity. The disparity being the thing you are actually using is barely charged for to ensure renewable energy remains noncompetitive, you instead are paying the majority of the cost for the delivery mechanism.

Probably a pointless discussion since you guys just hate the concept of a competitive market where your power could be much cheaper, cleaner, and not dependent on a single source. You must miss the wheat board.
                  You forgot your LOL cause that was funny.

So what you are proposing is the power utility put in place a system to manage its own power generation to balance against whatever power comes its way from independent producers regardless if it is in an area that they want additional power and regardless if it comes at a time when they need that power. Pay for the distribution system to collect that power as well as pay full retail price for that power. And charge nothing for the service.

Sounds like a you are asking for competitive open market system to me ROTFLMAO.

The power you produce is like running into the elevator with 4 five gallon pails of grain every day and wanting to sell it at the same price as that giy that sold 1,000 mt.

Again build solar if you want. But dont expect the system to buy your excess for full retail and back up your system's shortcomings for free.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                    I read somewhere that it is $1,000 per pole. Not sure if that is installed or not and there are a million poles that need to be replaced by Saskpower in the next 10 years.
                    Sounds like we need more options then just 1 power system then ?? Maybe rural reliability, cost, and efficiency in power comes from other sources as well ?? Supplementing that grid reduces the need for as big a grid ??

There is another concept, to use short term storage and do a more constant drain on the system. Instead of a 10 or 20 xformer, you install a 2 kva and draw full power storing energy. You are then charged fixed on a much smaller peak system. Both the grid and solar etc can feed storage.

Buy a solar cell, point it to the sun, you make power. We must be more creative.

Comment

CO2 is precious. And as from the fact that it is essential in many processes, it is what puts the fizz in beer. Its price has recently doubled and now a capture process has been added to brewery fermentation to capture tons of CO2.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        CO2 is precious. And as from the fact that it is essential in many processes, it is what puts the fizz in beer. Its price has recently doubled and now a capture process has been added to brewery fermentation to capture tons of CO2.
                        I am currently unloading grain next door to a Cannabis facility. They have a giant tank labelled liquid CO2. I wonder if Chuck can guess what they would need that for?

The US experienced a CO2 shortage earlier in the Covid lockdown. Ethanol plants are one of the biggest suppliers of CO2 as a byproduct.

Put together, I find it quite ironic that the pot smoking looney left, also hates ethanol, and it is necessary for production of their favourite past time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...