• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm Solar Scam

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. A5 actually said something positive about solar! There is hope after all. hahah

Most cars sit doing nothing all day at work or at home and can easily soak up some excess solar electricity for charging. It's the elusive Solar storage you were waiting for A5. LOL

Electricity prices keep rising. Solar system prices keep falling. The cost of my 25 kw system is about the same as a nice new pickup and it will pay for itself in about 10 years and we should have another 15 or 20 years of cheap electricity. My estimate of lifetime cost per kwh is about 8 cents. Sask Power charges 14 cents and is rising about 3% per year. A lot will depend on how many panels or inverters fail.

I haven't bought a new car or a pickup that has paid for itself in 10 years and then almost cost nothing to run for the next 15 - 20 years. Most overpriced luxury pickups are ego driven vanity projects, unlike solar which actually captures a free unlimited infinite resource from the sun and turns it into very useful electricity!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      Wow. A5 actually said something positive about solar! There is hope after all. hahah

Most cars sit doing nothing all day at work or at home and can easily soak up some excess solar electricity for charging. It's the elusive Solar storage you were waiting for A5. LOL

Electricity prices keep rising. Solar system prices keep falling. The cost of my 25 kw system is about the same as a nice new pickup and it will pay for itself in about 10 years and we should have another 15 or 20 years of cheap electricity. My estimate of lifetime cost per kwh is about 8 cents. Sask Power charges 14 cents and is rising about 3% per year. A lot will depend on how many panels or inverters fail.

I haven't bought a new car or a pickup that has paid for itself in 10 years and then almost cost nothing to run for the next 15 - 20 years. Most overpriced luxury pickups are ego driven vanity projects, unlike solar which actually captures a free unlimited infinite resource from the sun and turns it into very useful electricity!
      Ok Chuck I would like to see the math. Is your system a ground mount or roof mount? What did it cost per installed watt? Did you install it yourself or hire it done? What are you payed per watt for the electricity you sell to the grid? The most recent prices I can find are roughly $1.45-$1.50 a watt, for a roof system and that is no installation charges, so I call bull#*#* on prices still going down, I would say they have plateaued at $2.50 to $2.60 per installed watt. One other question you have this problem with farmers buying pickups, how much of the price of your solar system was subsidized by the government, I don’t think pickups fall under direct government subsidy programs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        ... unlike solar which actually captures a free unlimited infinite resource from the sun and turns it into very useful electricity!
        What was old, is new again.
        Farmers have been at this solar thing for a few millennia before the electical engineers figured it out.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151226_163231.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	770030

Comment

chuck is the ultimate physics denier, but just typing his troll posts produces more energy density than solar does.

He totally misses the fact that it was fossil fuels that eliminated human servitude. And now wants us to go back to that dark age.

Name:	RYAN-3-1.jpg
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	770031

Name:	RYAN-1-1.jpg
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	770032

Name:	RYAN-2-1.jpg
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	770033

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            chuck is the ultimate physics denier, but just typing his troll posts produces more energy density than solar does.

He totally misses the fact that it was fossil fuels that eliminated human servitude. And now wants us to go back to that dark age.
            It may have eliminated it for the rich, but, every five days, the sun provides the Earth with as much energy as all proven supplies of oil, coal, and natural gas. If humanity could capture just one 6,000th of Earth’s available solar energy, we’d be able to meet 100 percent of our energy needs.

So where do you think the future lies? In a constantly declining EROI for a limited supply of oil and gas? Today its all we got, no argument there, but tomorrow will be different. Change the rules on how electricity is charged for and it will be even a sooner tomorrow.

Oh and your chart is wrong, energy from the sun is around 1000 watts per sq meter.
            Last edited by tweety; Aug 21, 2020, 08:41.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
              So where do you think the future lies? In a constantly declining EROI for a limited supply of oil and gas? Today its all we got, no argument there, but tomorrow will be different. Change the rules on how electricity is charged for and it will be even a sooner tomorrow.
              If solar is an absolute must for people and they want to ignore nuclear or avoid real investment into fusion, then its going to have to be put into orbit to take up the smallest footprint and access 100% of the sun every day every year.

There are orbital launches every month, they could be stringing together an array up there anytime. I think the technology is closer to that than fusion.

If the industry goes that direction, I am fully on board because it solves all the problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                Ok Chuck Did you install it yourself or hire it done?
                Chuck, you missed a prime opportunity to insert an LOL or HAHAHA in response to Hamloc's joke, do it yourself, what a comedian.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  If solar is an absolute must for people and they want to ignore nuclear or avoid real investment into fusion, then its going to have to be put into orbit to take up the smallest footprint and access 100% of the sun every day every year.

There are orbital launches every month, they could be stringing together an array up there anytime. I think the technology is closer to that than fusion.

If the industry goes that direction, I am fully on board because it solves all the problems.
                  Agree. Nuclear could also be so much more with changes in policy that limit spent fuel reactors etc. I think often there is the assumption, as posted already several times here, that you either have to abandon the traditional electric grid and go all solar, or not have any solar at all. That is like saying i will buy one machine to do all my farming.

I have solar on the holiday trailer - works great. About 20% loss occurs converting DC to house AC, why not make more DC appliances, LED DC lights, water heaters, furnaces that have BLDC efficient motors. Most furnaces already take the AC and convert to DC to run the furnace motor. DC compressors for fridges. Grain aeration and heating. So many things. Solar is local so there is no need for transformers, little need for AC.

Humans won't change till the last minute, problem is we are still quite far away from that.

Change the payment structure of electricity !!!!!!

Comment

Talk about completely missing the point. Do i have a pipeline line item and refinery line item monthly if i buy no diesel?

Power should be priced based on use, no power used, no cost. Around here that cost is about 35 cents per kwh. Solar can easily compete with that. That is the scam. And that is what makes renewable energy almost impossible to incorporate along side the grid.

Make that one little legislative change and there will be solar/wind/fuel cell/microturbines everywhere.

Take a look at your power bill, mine shows 150 for distribution, 30 for actual power. If i used 5$ in power the distribution is still 150. Actual power cost, 33 cents per kwh.
                    Sure I will talk about you missing the point. By being hooked to the grid it has to be built to handle your theoretical needs. It's immaterial if you use them or not the cost of potential supply and distribution are spent. It's is like insurance, there if you need it.

However if you don't want to pay for that insurance, disconnect from the grid and POOF, no more bill.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                      Sure I will talk about you missing the point. By being hooked to the grid it has to be built to handle your theoretical needs. It's immaterial if you use them or not the cost of potential supply and distribution are spent. It's is like insurance, there if you need it.

However if you don't want to pay for that insurance, disconnect from the grid and POOF, no more bill.
                      well the problem is , LEP
                      they want their cake and eat it too
                      they think we should all pay for their inefficient systems

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        Maybe they have shares in certain solar companies they promote?
                        There is a place for solar I agree tweety .
                        But it is a fraction of what is needed , especially in Canada ..... winter for 5 months a year kinda puts a damper on yearly efficiency.
                        Chuck talks about Australia Solar constantly ..... that’s apples and oranges

And case your bang on with “we should all pay for their inefficient systems”. Just like we should all support their grain sales through the CWB ... same mentality

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          No one is asking you to pay for anything.

Comment

No one is asking you to pay for anything.
                            It would be nice to have an option to opt out of subsidizing inefficient and unreliable forms of power generation. Unfortunately we don’t have a choice so all the vanity projects including solar or wind will increase everyone’s SaskPower rates.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                              It would be nice to have an option to opt out of subsidizing inefficient and unreliable forms of power generation. Unfortunately we don’t have a choice so all the vanity projects including solar or wind will increase everyone’s SaskPower rates.
                              I agree.

https://thenarwhal.ca/canadas-fossil-fuel-subsidies-amount-to-1650-per-canadian-its-got-to-stop/ https://thenarwhal.ca/canadas-fossil-fuel-subsidies-amount-to-1650-per-canadian-its-got-to-stop/

Comment

Remember the saying about assumptions making an ass out of you and me?

Well lets make a broke ass out of western civilization. What you talking bout?

Green Assumptions:

1. Warmer climate is bad.
                                2. CO2 is the cause of warm climate and is the control knob.
                                3. Climate can be controlled by man-if he can control this one variable.
                                4. Lets form a religion around the belief that we can predict and control the climate a hundred, or thousand years from now.

Egocentric Manic Delusion

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...