• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm Solar Scam

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tweety View Post
    Really simple, have said it about 5 times already. Make the price of power you pay based completely on energy used. It's not 5 cents a kwh, its 30 to 40 cents. You aren't "storing" power with a conventional grid, you are using power from a conventional grid as a hybrid system when it is dark in the case of solar. Like a Prius, use the gas engine when needed, the batteries the rest of the time, charge the batteries when braking and going downhill.

If a government was truly interested in pushing forward renewable energy development, this is exactly how you do it - but they are not. Never was and never will be about renewable, its about large utility companies already in monopolistic control remaining that way. Double the price of power if its a problem, then watch renewable take off even faster AND storage systems.

The way it is right now, why bother doing anything renewable since it such an unfair pricing scheme.

Lep, use your noodle just a tiny bit, no one is trying to hurt your precious utility company that you can't seem to look past for any sort of alternative. Not asking for free access, subsidies, nothing. Just asking for payment based on energy used.
    Actually Tweety I am using my noodle. You need to use yours. There are two components to a Utilities’ costs. Fixed costs and variable costs. The Transmission lines, poles and wire and staff to build and maintain are fixed, regardless of how much or how little power you use. They are there if power consumption drops by 10% tomorrow. The variable cost is the power. By using solar panels that is the portion of your personal power bill that you are replacing. Pure and simple.

I have no problem with people generating power with solar. Fill your boots. But to expect that it can economically replace reliable sources at this point in our collective technical stage of development on a large scale is a fairy tale. You are finding out the downfall of solar is that you have to pay for a backup system. Nothing wrong with doing some solar and as storage and other advancements in technology occur adding then.

But at this point it’s just not ready.
    Last edited by LEP; Aug 23, 2020, 07:48.

Comment

Originally posted by ALBERTAFARMER4 View Post
      I agree.

https://thenarwhal.ca/canadas-fossil-fuel-subsidies-amount-to-1650-per-canadian-its-got-to-stop/ https://thenarwhal.ca/canadas-fossil-fuel-subsidies-amount-to-1650-per-canadian-its-got-to-stop/
      "According to a new International Monetary Fund (IMF) report, Canada subsidized the fossil fuel industry to the tune of almost $60 billion in 2015 — approximately $1,650 per Canadian."

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        "According to a new International Monetary Fund (IMF) report, Canada subsidized the fossil fuel industry to the tune of almost $60 billion in 2015 — approximately $1,650 per Canadian."
        Chuck2 I posed a question 2 days ago(post 32) are you going to respond?

Comment

A5 and others go on at great length to avoid the reason why low carbon renewables are being used and to avoid discussing subsidies to themselves, other industries, and the fossil fuel industry. But they spend a whole lot of time worked up about subsidies and support to solar and wind. Whaaaat?

Meanwhile Sask Power and many other utilities across North America and around the world are installing lots of additional renewable sources and reducing emissions wherever possible. And anyone who dares to accept the science of human caused climate change and generate their own cleaner electricity, well they're the worst! Hahahah

Another argument you are losing as the world moves on. Are you getting tired of being on the losing side yet? LOL

Did you get accepted for CEBA "subsidy" yet? Its the hypocrite club on sillyville!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
            Chuck2 I posed a question 2 days ago(post 32) are you going to respond?
            Is that the one about cost of solar systems and payback period? Lets go over that in the winter after harvest.

Comment

Is that the one about cost of solar systems and payback period? Lets go over that in the winter after harvest.
              I would have thought that would be easy for you to answer as you stated it would take 10 years to pay for the system and the cost per kWh for the lifetime of the system was 8 cents a kWh. It should be simple. As for CEBA and CERB didn’t apply for either!

Comment

Maybe he is using his CERB to pay for solar. Much faster pay-back.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                  This transaction you speak of above... was dreamt up at Davos by Soros and Gates... and requires the new 'balanced green math'... where the new world order counts deficits as an asset?
                  I guess if you can't understand a simple concept you can always flip it into a conspiracy theory.

My understanding is in Alberta you are payed the maximum generation charge for the solar you would generate which in Alberta was capped by the Notley government at 6.8 cents a kWh until 2021. How do you get payed 10 cents a kWh in Alberta?
                  Maybe for massive utility scale solar farms this is the case. For a house the rate you are paid per kWh generated is the rate you pay per kWh. This number can be variable depending if you are leaving your rate floating or locked in. I think this is fair because the utility has to make money to maintain and operate the grid.

Comment

So, for the mathematically challenged, how many nice new pick up trucks is that?

Do you bother to check into the authenticity, or validity of any of these ridiculous sounding claims before repeating them and making yourself look like an idiot?

From the Narwhal article:

there is the $60 billion subsidy that the IMF focused on — the “social costs” of carbon that governments pay
                    That is not a subsidy, that is a completely fabricated number that includes such completely unrelated infrastructure and social program costs as :
                    for example, repairing damage from extreme weather events, building new levees, sea walls and storm sewers and paying for wildfire control and increased health costs.
                    Under the equally ridiculous logic of this:
                    Lacking adequate carbon taxes, governments continue to pick up the tab for the impacts of climate change —

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                      Actually Tweety I am using my noodle. You need to use yours. There are two components to a Utilities’ costs. Fixed costs and variable costs. The Transmission lines, poles and wire and staff to build and maintain are fixed, regardless of how much or how little power you use. They are there if power consumption drops by 10% tomorrow. The variable cost is the power. By using solar panels that is the portion of your personal power bill that you are replacing. Pure and simple.

I have no problem with people generating power with solar. Fill your boots. But to expect that it can economically replace reliable sources at this point in our collective technical stage of development on a large scale is a fairy tale. You are finding out the downfall of solar is that you have to pay for a backup system. Nothing wrong with doing some solar and as storage and other advancements in technology occur adding then.

But at this point it’s just not ready.
                      For the 6th time, it is not intended to replace, why is that so hard to understand? Why all or nothing? That is ridiculous.

Why don't you sell your grain with the price of the grain line item (1$) and a line item for your fixed costs ($5.50) that don't change no matter the price of grain? Where those fixed costs are set by a regulatory board made up by farmers and a friendly well padded government committee? Your fixed costs are fixed just like the utility.

Many other industries with immense infrastructures don't have that legislative luxury, yet survive just fine by charging based on use.

This is effectively what the electrical industry is doing, if the change was made, your bill wouldn't change unless you started using less power. At which point the utility would charge more to its existing customers who would then consider other forms of power which would spur on more research and development. That is how a free open market works, i am puzzled why you are so against a functional competitive market.

For a bunch of capitalists, you guys sure like the wheat board style true monopolistic electrical model and joyfully enjoy getting screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                        For the 6th time, it is not intended to replace, why is that so hard to understand? Why all or nothing? That is ridiculous.

Why don't you sell your grain with the price of the grain line item (1$) and a line item for your fixed costs ($5.50) that don't change no matter the price of grain? Where those fixed costs are set by a regulatory board made up by farmers and a friendly well padded government committee? Your fixed costs are fixed just like the utility.

Many other industries with immense infrastructures don't have that legislative luxury, yet survive just fine by charging based on use.

This is effectively what the electrical industry is doing, if the change was made, your bill wouldn't change unless you started using less power. At which point the utility would charge more to its existing customers who would then consider other forms of power which would spur on more research and development. That is how a free open market works, i am puzzled why you are so against a functional competitive market.

For a bunch of capitalists, you guys sure like the wheat board style true monopolistic electrical model and joyfully enjoy getting screwed.
                        Man do you go off on tangents. My whole point is build solar if you want but if you are still connected to the grid expect a bill. Whether you use power or not.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          Maybe he is using his CERB to pay for solar. Much faster pay-back.
                          😂 CERB has a better ROI than solar.

Comment

I would have thought that would be easy for you to answer as you stated it would take 10 years to pay for the system and the cost per kWh for the lifetime of the system was 8 cents a kWh. It should be simple. As for CEBA and CERB didn’t apply for either!
                            Good, a man of principle! I didn't apply for CEBA and CERB isn't for full time farmers.

How's your Agri Invest account? Have you taken out the matching taxpayers deposits? Or are you sitting on it untill retirement?

Harvest is a priority don't you think?

Comment

Good, a man of principle! I didn't apply for CEBA and CERB isn't for full time farmers.

How's your Agri Invest account? Have you taken out the matching taxpayers deposits? Or are you sitting on it untill retirement?

Harvest is a priority don't you think?
                              So let me get this straight your so busy you can’t take 3 minutes to tell us whether your system is a ground mount or roof mount, the cost per installed watt, what you are payed per kWh for what you sell to the grid and how much of the installation cost was subsidized by government?

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                                Man do you go off on tangents. My whole point is build solar if you want but if you are still connected to the grid expect a bill. Whether you use power or not.
                                But the problem is the bill isn't based on use. That is unfair, legislated so. Plain and simple and needs to be changed in order for the innovation and development to occur in renewable energy. My gas bill ranges from $20 to 200$ and they have plenty of infrastructure as well. Internet bill, based on data. Phone bill based on minutes/data. Diesel bill based on how many liters. Electricity - crooked business spearheaded by Steve West.

Do you have an open market free trade sort of solution in mind if not pay by use? Again, not asking for free power, just asking to have the bill reflect the power i am actually using for that month/day/year/ whatever so that if i generate my own electricity the reduction in power i use is reflected in the bill.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...