• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, one knukle head crop advisor just stated over the weekend driving around the province doesn't tell the true outcome of what the crops will be like in fall. No, it doesn't but it sure lets you know that all areas have issues and plus thirty for a week or more isn't adding to yield. ****ing moron.

Comment

well, we are 40% done combining already , hail adjusters were very fair . think they were surprised at the extent of damage
      spiked the canola ground
      sprayed peas out
      there is lots and lots and lots like that from petaigan to melfort

Comment

Sort of need a rain to finish the crop....although this week may speed that process up considerably with no rain for the next 14 days...therre are critical times for crop development ...this week will be one of them...yield around here will definitely be taking a hit...

Top pods will be aborted , rows on the head will shrink ...

BUT....WTF do I know....

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          well, we are 40% done combining already , hail adjusters were very fair . think they were surprised at the extent of damage
          spiked the canola ground
          sprayed peas out
          there is lots and lots and lots like that from petaigan to melfort
          Glad to hear your adjusters were fair
          Hope ours are as well
          Last time was decent, a lot depends on who the person is .
          Some big areas hit bad now .
          Is what it is in years like this , just like going to Vegas

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            Sort of need a rain to finish the crop....although this week may speed that process up considerably with no rain for the next 14 days...therre are critical times for crop development ...this week will be one of them...yield around here will definitely be taking a hit...

Top pods will be aborted , rows on the head will shrink ...

BUT....WTF do I know....
            Worked a quarter SMF, hardpan and DRY! In crop has to be drier, roots are deep, but our subsoil was nearly empty. The heat will not increase yield. Lucky those with a T- storm dump, Wadena got 1.6" in three days.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
              Worked a quarter SMF, hardpan and DRY! In crop has to be drier, roots are deep, but our subsoil was nearly empty. The heat will not increase yield. Lucky those with a T- storm dump, Wadena got 1.6" in three days.
              That’s where from the road glances don’t work well. You can drive an area and see excellent crops, but you don’t really know the soil moisture at all. Had a pretty fair tour of the northeast on the weekend. Mostly good to great looking crops, outside hail zones and some flood zones.

My guess? Average crop. Like nearly always...Some seriously great pockets though, including most in my immediate area. For once. It’s the season of high water needs for crops...

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                That’s where from the road glances don’t work well. You can drive an area and see excellent crops, but you don’t really know the soil moisture at all. Had a pretty fair tour of the northeast on the weekend. Mostly good to great looking crops, outside hail zones and some flood zones.

My guess? Average crop. Like nearly always...Some seriously great pockets though, including most in my immediate area. For once. It’s the season of high water needs for crops...

4 billion will solve that problem for 200 farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post

Did you get the 1.6" Wadena had? 4/10" yesterday.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                      Did you get the 1.6" Wadena had? 4/10" yesterday.
                      No rain yesterday. Thank goodness I need to bale my hay before the swath completely disappears. An inch in a wicked storm on Thursday night.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...