• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wiseguy
    They don't tell you bout the floods, drought, hail n heart ache when they sell you on this game !

It ain't easy being the fastest gun in town !
    Ain’t that the truth.

Not the part about being fast though ............. that definitely don’t apply to me.

Just started making hay today finally.

Only got two little showers and stuck once so it was a smashing success.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
      That was a nasty one thru west central up to North Battleford. Not many times it hails at 12:30 in the morning. Pea size to golf ball in the area.

Was two cells
      The bottom one hit us , but many got hit as bad or far worse .
      Tis the season I guess

Comment

They don't tell you bout the floods, drought, hail n heart ache when they sell you on this game !

No one sold me anything, I signed up.....volunteered.!

I was encouraged to go to University by my parents but chose to farm. Hmmm.....

Born and raised in it but until you have skin in the game you will never know the ramifications.

It's a tough gig, not for the faint of heart or anyone who knows better.

They say there's a sucker born every minute but only special suckers will risk being a primary Ag Producer, yup a special breed we are.
        Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 25, 2020, 22:11.

Comment

After no. 1 son got off the 6h black from head to toe I asked how he liked catskinning like his crazy father and both your gidos, he replied if plan a and b in life fail I guess I could do this.

Comment

Hopefully this isn’t a sore point for those who have had to much or not enough.

But what’s your average rainfall for some of you guys.

And what’s normal plant in May and kind of two Or three inches a month normally until sept?

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post

And what’s normal plant in May and kind of two Or three inches a month normally until sept?
              Here average is supposed to be around 12” of precipitation a year. Generally half of that is considered to be snow.

Currently we’re over 13” since May 1.

June is the wet month here. That’s where we’d be most likely to get good rains. Nice soakers. July and August are more thunderstorms so while it can rain a lot, it’s very small, patchy areas.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post

This is for my region.

Comment

True
                  These look like hit with shot gun ...

Not looking good today
                  Sent in claim , 28 1/4’s so far
                  Hopefully no more hard water

Comment

Last I checked, we are the wettest (except a few areas in Manitoba) and coldest farming region in western Canada.
                    Average ~22" annual precip. June average ~4.5".
                    Have only had 3 days without rain since late April.

Comment

We are about 10.5 in now
                      Basically in 3 big rains , 2 in , 1.7 and the 5in dump.
                      The rest has been just showers.
                      We average about 8-9 in
                      The last 5 years 4-6 in
                      But rain or no rain , hail don’t care how good or poor your crops are .

Comment

Missed excessive rains or hail so far, just enough showers for good looking crops in area.
                        Water table going down along with big sloughs that have been high water last ten years.
                        Still have August frosts to worry about, several years since last one.
                        Hate to sound too optimistic but think glass is over half full.

Comment

Just NE of me ..

Thousands of acres wiped out

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            Just NE of me ..

Thousands of acres wiped out
                            Ouch for those crops. The weeds in the bottom picture seem have made out ok interestingly enough. Did it strip the poplars bare?

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                              Ouch for those crops. The weeds in the bottom picture seem have made out ok interestingly enough. Did it strip the poplars bare?
                              Poplars not bare , they are stripped a bit .
                              That area got hit last year bad as well , but not like this .

Comment

I just completed the crop tour from SE to NE to PA Saskatoon Rosetown down to Leader and Regina and home. Let's just say Sask Ag and food and only a few have issues is a joke. Some 12 out of 10 crops. Some Ag reporters have great crops. But most areas have issues. This weeks plus 30 will not increase yield.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...