• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    That's right good water flow into the chain lakes this year. No algae, levels up, water looks clean beaches nice. A guy can watch the radar from his boat. Farma probably has a yacht anchored down there.
    No yachts here, but I do have a dinghy that doesn't hold air.

.....and I do have a couple of land yachts.....Buicks
    Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 24, 2020, 12:25.

Comment

Been at Echo camping, yes very nice. Such a change from the farm. Beautiful this year.

Re the crime/thieves, so far in my 67 years, NOTHING has happened here. Our grid is on the way to Saskatoon for many people. We are naïve to risk/crime, but still lock up stuff if away just to remove the temptation.

Comment

Crops here are so bad in places you can’t tell if they were seeded or not. Rain continued this week - now at 24.7 inches since May 1. Roof ripped off the local Coop last night. 2020 will certainly not be forget any time soon

Comment

Comment

Wow ABfarm, that is a stupid amount of rain. After I read your post I checked our running total starting April 1.
            Basically got 4 inches, but alot of it came in under a tenth or two tenths of an inch amounts at a time. We started out with good moisture reserves but a dry spell during and after seeding had crops looking stressed.

We don't need a pile of rain to grow a decent crop, timing of limited amounts is important though. Wish we could get one more inch to finish it off, we missed what Regina got last night.

I don't think it would help the peas much anymore but the wheat, canola and flax would benefit. Even if we don't get a rain before its too late for the whole crop it still looks better than it did before it finally started to rain.

So I guess it could be worse, in more than one way.

Comment

Originally posted by ABfarm View Post
              Is that Beaver Creek CO-OP?

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                Is that Beaver Creek CO-OP?
                Yup it sure is. All the tin is off. Sounds like rafters are ok. Still quite a mess

Comment

Storms are sure big this year. But still hit and miss. We found one half that’s been missing every rain it seems and we’ll it’s not looking to good.

Rest got the 1/4 inch on Monday.

Really would of liked what Regina got to finish the season up.

Regina Exhibition week is here (Except for covid) the last week a farm needs rain.

Swing and a miss

So all farmers it’s ok for Trudeau to screw Uis yet he can take millions from the public purse.

All experts say canola is still moving to China the same as before and we should be happy. Yep

I’m so ducking happy that now a third party out of country middle man makes two bucks off the Canadian farmer.

Yet Trudeau does nothing to help us.

Yea our organizations failed us.

Comment

Another one slipping past us 50 kms away.. Maybe if that thing lined up with and tracked over us we could get a half inch, but nope.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200725-072036.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	769981

Comment

So hit and miss, makes a preacher swear? 4/10 here and 2 miles over not a drop. Yiu are not alone. See I spelled you in Chinese. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        No yachts here, but I do have a dinghy that doesn't hold air.

.....and I do have a couple of land yachts.....Buicks
                        Farma trying desperately to get ready for a 10 minute cruise before she goes flat again -

Click image for larger version

Name:	dingy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	769982

Comment

This area hit bad last night
                          Several farms NE of us 100% gone
                          From checking here today about 70% of our crop hit . Varying from 10-70% damage I would think .
                          Hit the Blackbeans, Fabas , peas , wheat and canola . Not going to be fun now dealing with hail insurance 👎

Comment

That was a nasty one thru west central up to North Battleford. Not many times it hails at 12:30 in the morning. Pea size to golf ball in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                              That was a nasty one thru west central up to North Battleford. Not many times it hails at 12:30 in the morning. Pea size to golf ball in the area.
                              Really hit guys bad north of here

Comment

Crops in burn down mode here. Last rain was July 8. Some cereals dropping the top 1/3 of the head, leaves pretty much all gone, and any late stools will likely abort.

Peas starting to turn.

Yields will be right about average to slightly above I think. Test weight on cereals could be an issue...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...