• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday crop report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woodland have to be honest I am truly only experiencing one issue that you are and that is wondering what to do with my hay. We are not near as wet as you, we can still travel fine in the fields with the sprayer if you go around the wet low areas. But haying with the present forecast and the hay being heavy and wet make it quite a conundrum. Certainly could put it in the silage pit but I have to be honest I am not a big fan of hay for silage, much prefer barley. Anyway good luck and hopefully we will start to get more sun than rain.

Comment

This wet that some of you are experiencing for the first time. Try it for 15 years in a row. It gets very tiring. The land is lost, fields are smaller inputs are wasted and rubber boots are your work shoes. Being dry is kind of interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
        This wet that some of you are experiencing for the first time. Try it for 15 years in a row. It gets very tiring. The land is lost, fields are smaller inputs are wasted and rubber boots are your work shoes. Being dry is kind of interesting.
        If being “dry” is interesting to you then you’re not really dry. When you can’t tell what you’ve cut in a field since there’s no swath then your officially “DRY”.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
          If being “dry” is interesting to you then you’re not really dry. When you can’t tell what you’ve cut in a field since there’s no swath then your officially “DRY”.
          The dirty grass hoppery, blowing fields 80’s is all the dry one needs in a lifetime. Ugh!

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
            The dirty grass hoppery, blowing fields 80’s is all the dry one needs in a lifetime. Ugh!
            yep.farmers north told me everything in the south should be grass and government should not give drought aid.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...