• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday crop report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    If conditions are there we will use these guys way more .
    Very efficient and yes no wheel tracks 👍👍

9 bucks an acre to spray with helicopter? The helicopter guy had the math done on wheel tracks in a canola field....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      For the cost of a new sprayer ...if i was younger I would get a helicopter pilot license....and use that...no tracks and quick....450 acres in 2 hours....30 second refills....and a whole lot less water...
      I’m always being told “your never too old to do something”

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
        I’m always being told “your never too old to do something”
        Maybe if I could get 50 percent paid for by government....if I was a capitalist....lol.

Maybe learn to fly in circles....get it?

Although then there will be too many spray copters and no one will make money.

Comment

Nice sunny Monday morning here. Planning to fungicide my peas this morning. Just over 10% bloom, planning to spray twice to see if I can keep it out of the dirt. Only 1 quarter of peas this year after last years shit show. Sitting at roughly 8.3 inches(210 mm) of rain since May 1. Canola in my area is starting to bloom, early seeded in full bloom. Most Canola is an 8 out of 10. Wheat is heading, looks really good. Barley in flag leaf. If you go 12-15 miles south me not so rosey, had too much rain, Some fields it is hard to tell what was planted. Anyway certainly hope those of you that are dry get the much needed moisture. Rain in the forecast here for Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
            Am I allowed to post pics on this thread or have to a have a Naughty boy corner for my pics.

30 to 45 bushels wheat you guys will giggle Tis what it is.

With agro today said best barley would make 3 t ha without further fert. Already had 70 kg per Ha of DAP guessing you know it. Don’t wanna spendto much more on inputs
            Mallee, you and I are probably similar weather wise... 30-45bpa is a HUMMER in this neighborhood!

Comment

Trying to get the canola sprayed before the flowers. Seeded with a 5710 on an old alfalfa field. These old hay fields are a life saver on wet years with the ability to drink up lots of water. This is the field I worked last summer and tweety scolded me because he said it would blow!

Comment

Planted alfalfa here in 2004 and this is the first crop since.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                  Trying to get the canola sprayed before the flowers. Seeded with a 5710 on an old alfalfa field. These old hay fields are a life saver on wet years with the ability to drink up lots of water. This is the field I worked last summer and tweety scolded me because he said it would blow!
                  Lol I have been scolded as well for pre working
                  Sometimes it’s required . But t sadly some can’t think beyond what is in their mindset .

Comment

Furrow and Seldom, if you could have seen what tillage done down here you probably wouldn't want to do it if you farmed Ghetto land in the south. Guys who disced and VTed last fall and even some this spring..... you can see the line between what was tilled and what wasn't. I truly believe some soils are way more conducive to crop establishment than others. There are some real ugly crops in this area due to establishment problems. Tillage was detrimental in some cases. And above all, a shot of rain at the right time makes us all look like fųcken geniuses.

I get my dry gritty abrasive personality from the soil I farm.

BTW seldomseen..... beautiful canola.

Comment

Canola across the road seeded the same day but not on alfalfa ground.

Comment

The good the bad and the ugly. Peas beside my canola. The ground so wet they are really struggling.

Comment

Seldom; The ugly side of too wet.

Neither extreme is good!

Comment

Yes to wet is ugly. I think only two years out of 37 have been to dry. The field with the peas had a good crop of wheat last year and after harvest I ran the spiked over it trying to bury as much straw and bring up as much dirt as possible then leave it rough for the winter hopefully getting rid as much moisture as I can before spring seeding.
                            Last edited by seldomseen; Jul 6, 2020, 18:03.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                              Yes to wet is ugly. I think only two years out of 37 have been to dry. The field with the peas had a good crop of wheat last year and after harvest I ran the spiked over it trying to bury as much straw and bring up as much dirt as possible then leave it rough for the winter hopefully getting rid as much moisture as I can before spring seeding.
                              Pretty hard to begrudge a guy what works for him....

Comment

Barley is looking good here except for the drowned out spots. Lots of disease showing up so fungicide and a plant growth regulator to try and keep the height down will be applied shortly. After scalping the mud last fall to pick up flattened crop anything is worth a shot.

Finished spraying the corn today and sunk the sprayer good. The weeds are getting ahead of it after the three inches of rain last week. The corn is coming and looks ok until you realize it’s not the beginning of June anymore.

Pasture is still phenomenal and hay crops are too. Not too sure about how or when they’ll come off.

Plan A is dry bales......... highly unlikely
                                Plan B is silage bales ............ doubtful if we can get it dry enough for that
                                Plan C is to chop it ........... would rather not as I don’t need any more feed for this winter.

The apprentice is checking up on my work. Only got about a thousand pieces to put back in it.

The best part of checking crops and moving the water truck for my brother.

P.S. Currently raining ........... again. Might need floater tires for the silage trucks. Yippee

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...