• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian economic restart task force

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    Sheep, is it possible to ship frozen goods in butt-fu ck Sask?
    i ran outta time that day in saskatoon , and then was gonna get some on the way back from honduras , but we landed and headed straight to the house
    i dont suppose you ever go to tisdale ?
    We ship frozen with some couriers. I do get to Tisdale a few times a year. A place in Nipawin was planning to try out our wares until the virus hit.

I can let you know next time we’re up there. It would be on me just to let you have a try! We come up there for bee keeping supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
      Grass. I miss his input. Thing with him, you actually knew he was a farmer, he put his money where his mouth is, and he worked hard to help newcomers in the industry. He also believed in different ideas.

Not very much like the several others on here who for me, well, it is really hard to accept they have a land location, and not a basement suite that they call home.

Grass, if you're reading, I hope you're wintering well and the cows are rewarding you as they harvest the land for you!

As far as guys who get under your skin: I don't personally care if they do. I am fine with them posting. They are not what makes me leave on occasion. Big Wheel had an absolute conniption on me the other day, and has had several over history.

Rolls off the back. He has no idea who I am, what I do, etc., despite posting rabid nonsense towards me personally, even in threads I am not involved in! lol And so I am secure enough in my life that I let it roll. I find people like that shut up, or at least may/should gain respect if you reply with kindness and not disdain. They don't know what to do with that! lol

So I think a more proper "screening" if we need it, would be to post a picture of ourselves standing in a position that shows we actually farm. Ok, maybe not ourselves, I like anonymity too, but just prove somehow you farm so that respect can be granted. Because it is real hard to believe some of these folks farm.

For my farm, all you have to do is go to redbarnfamilyfarm.com

And order some lamb or other stuff. WINK!
      As usual more bullshit from you, you run people down grain farmers etc call them stupid lazy indirectly but directly enough. Acting like you have all the answers. Your little situation might work short term for you it’s not rhe reality of the
      Bigger picture Ag situation. Politicians that look for excuses not to make the bigger picture work for us use idiots like you as propaganda even though they don’t support what your doing either and in irony you support them blindly.
      Your now trying to get sympathy because I provided the facts as to what you are. You misrepresented yourself on the wheat board issue, canola and I would suspect on your situation now. So many examples one day bragging crop insurance coverage rhe next listing the crop failures when confronted that doesn’t add you left that time also. Lol

It’s a free place to provide ideas but the minute you act like your smarter than the rest of us that’s when rhe line gets drawn for me.

The grain sector Problems will not be fixed without government making a better playing field for us at rhe grass roots. The notion of government staying out is non existent. They subsidize the top players not us etc etc. You’re choosing to run from it that’s fine many of us aren’t.

Comment

And you’re back at it I see. Lol cheer up my friend, life is way too short to be bitter against people you don’t know!

I hope you have a great crop this year, the rainfall is right, the sun shines well. Best of luck, big wheel. We all need it.

Comment

And you’re back at it I see. Lol cheer up my friend, life is way too short to be bitter against people you don’t know!

I hope you have a great crop this year, the rainfall is right, the sun shines well. Best of luck, big wheel. We all need it.
          not bitter just correct bullshit slung at myself and other farmers! Cheers and best of luck!

Comment

Everyone has to remember this fact....

And it doesn't matter the size of the farm....

You are an idiot if you want your farm to compete against the treasuries of other nations that support their farmers. ...

The simple fact is the US will always have a president that puts its citizens first ...Democratic or republican.....the 3M incident proves it....

The American president...of any stripe ... when shit hits the fan could really care less about Canada. ....

Besides that the current Canadian government and the previous conservative one didn't give two shits about farmers....how the phuck anyone nominated Yerry to the hall of fame is just as idiotic....
            Last edited by bucket; Apr 5, 2020, 16:48.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/truenorthcentre/videos/496551741223720/?vh=e&d=n

Interesting comparison....

Comment

Big Wheel. Went out and fed the sheep and while there, thought things through a bit. I would like to clear the air some.

If you asked me direct questions about my stand on things, maybe it would help? You mentioned a few things, me bragging, misrepresenting myself re the cwb, generally being anti grain farmer, even though I am one, etc.

I just would like the freedom to clear up things if that interests you, as I in no way am trying to make stuff up etc.

Finally, I travel around a fair bit. I didn't mean to exclude you. If I was in your area, I would be more than happy to bring you a pack of lamb. Kind of as a gesture of, hey, I am human, I farm too, I struggle too. Sit and have a chat over drinks.

I just feel you have a big misconception about what I try to put forth on here.

Comment

We ship frozen with some couriers. I do get to Tisdale a few times a year. A place in Nipawin was planning to try out our wares until the virus hit.

I can let you know next time we’re up there. It would be on me just to let you have a try! We come up there for bee keeping supplies.
                  no, i would buy some!
                  really like lamb and its hard to get

Comment

Canadians have to unite and find common ground in order to get through this. We lack strong leadership and experience at the federal level. This combined with attempting to navigate an unprecedented global event like this only ends one way. Without strong, intelligent, and experienced leadership to advise government, industry and small business Canada will fail to recover economically for the foreseeable future. Our current federal government will have to give up on some of their environmental goals in the short term. The conservatives will have to learn to stomach government investment in business in the the short term to prop businesses up until they can stand on their own. Each side will have to give and take or we all fail!
                    Bottom line is we need some of the best economic minds calling the shots going forward!

Comment

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
                      Agree. Even if you put God on the committee, none of these realities will change. Add to the list, people started out this journey in debt.

All the people mentioned on the committee will be just fine however.
                      I agree too. The liberals and NDP love whats going on, government paying an equal salary to everyone, and anyone else with a certain level of wealth will have to turn it over. I also agree, first govt department to receive extra resources will by CRA to find extra cash. Life will never be the same again.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                        Lep"

I think Danielle Smith would be good."

Smith quit the Ab Conservative party 2009 and joined the Wild Rose party that year and was elected the leader Oct 17, 2009

"Jim Prentice became PC leader and premier. Under Prentice, the PCs swept four by-elections in October.[14] Smith was dealt a second blow at the Wildrose annual general meeting, when an anti-discrimination resolution that she strongly supported was voted down while she was out of the room.
                        On December 17, 2014, Smith announced that she, deputy leader Rob Anderson, and seven other Wildrose MLAs were crossing the floor to join the PCs. Smith had criticized two other Wildrose MLAs for defecting to the PCs a month earlier; she had publicly stated that "there'll be no more floor crossings. It was later revealed, however, that Smith and Prentice had been in talks about a possible merger for several months.

Hell of a great choice on your part Lep, now I understand why support Trump the six time bankrupt president.

My choice for the panel is Virden Manitoba born Jim Treliving who at the age of 18 join the RCMP and made his own millions, not some washed up fly by night ex Politian turned talk show host!

I guess that makes me more of a capitalist than you Lep!!!
                        In your dreams. I like Jim but does he speak elequently on a wide range of topics for a few hours a day everyday? That takes alot more depth than you know.

On Trump, I think he is a bastard. Wouldn't vote for him if I could. Find the post where I praised Trump for anything. It doesn't exist. I "like" some of the comments made about him because I think he has done some good things. But in no way does that mean I like him. I could care less if he went bankrupt. That is the US's problem.

By being obsessed about Trump, I think you and your buddies take your eyes off the real problem that resides in Rideau cottage. Trudeau and his band of misfits affect everything aspect of our life. From higher taxes, ignoring trade issues, terrible financial management, you name it.

If someone read your comments on here they would ask what state you live in. Because it is 24/7 Trump is bad. When in reality you should look East not South.

I think you and your buddies are fixated on Trump because you know there is nothing good to say about Trudeau.
                        Last edited by LEP; Apr 5, 2020, 20:39.

Comment

Yes it’s mind boggling to say the least?

Comment

Lep

"In my dreams? "

You put forth Danielle Smith, a flip flop political opportunist, marded in controversy lasting only long enough to qualify for a government pension. Even the voters of Highwood recognized the floor jumper and gave her the boot in 2015, who now can only get a job as a talk show host.

While I put forth Jim Treliving, a Virden Manitoba self made business man with a net worth of $700 million. I hear time after time Agrivillers begging for someone with a business background running Canada. Jim would only be a member of a think tank offering ideas on how we can turn Canada around, not the front man..

Unfortunately Lep you're really not capitalist but rather a political ideologist as your choice makes that perfectly clear.

Comment

So Forage who would you say should be on it. Notley probably.

Maybe dig up Tommy Douglas.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                                Lep

"In my dreams? "

You put forth Danielle Smith, a flip flop political opportunist, marded in controversy lasting only long enough to qualify for a government pension. Even the voters of Highwood recognized the floor jumper and gave her the boot in 2015, who now can only get a job as a talk show host.

While I put forth Jim Treliving, a Virden Manitoba self made business man with a net worth of $700 million. I hear time after time Agrivillers begging for someone with a business background running Canada. Jim would only be a member of a think tank offering ideas on how we can turn Canada around, not the front man..

Unfortunately Lep you're really not capitalist but rather a political ideologist as your choice makes that perfectly clear.
                                Actually I listen to Danielle often on the radio. You should try it. They have podcasts, it might expand your mind. You obviously know very little more about her than what you read on the headlines. Dig a little deeper. Besides Kim Campbell and Notley were offered up as alternatives and I offered mine.

What's with the not a capitalist thing? LMAO. Are you like 80?? Do you still wear that Manitoba Wheat Pool hat and a Coop Implements coat out of sentiment?

Jim would be fine but I don't think he has spent alot of time thinking about government policy and their implications. Sounds like he is someone from your hometown which is probably why you are so triggered about it.
                                Last edited by LEP; Apr 6, 2020, 08:54.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...