• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian economic restart task force

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=chuckChuck;447724]I wouldn't let most of you guys make a grocery list let alone a list of who should be on an economic task force.

The obvious question for you Chuck2 is this, you obviously have no use for most of the posters on this site so why do you continue posting?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Stampsguy View Post
      Case, if you bring that witch back into anything I'm leaving.
      fair enough , i wasn't there lol !

Comment

My biggest concern is if they can't effectively kick start the economy, probably with more "stimulus", who and what businesses/industries will be left standing to pay for all the money they will be handing out like it's free and accruing debt like its meaningless.

Thats what kinda got us to this "inevitable" position to start with, its just that Covid-19 was the catalyst and accelerant that brought it on quicker, albeit magnified the problem much worse. They're treating the meth addict with more meth. Let it burn to the ground?

How many businesses won't survive, how many will say screw it and just not re-open? How many personal bankruptcies will there be? ....all before this is all over! IMO, this is only the beginning. There may be a new younger generation that will develop the "depression mentality". Their great-grand and grandparents that had it ingrained into their lives might be dead now, but I think the old lesson is about to be taught again.

Good luck everyone, stay safe and take care. There is no "I" in team. We're all in this together.
        Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 5, 2020, 15:16.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hamloc;447754]
          Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          I wouldn't let most of you guys make a grocery list let alone a list of who should be on an economic task force.

The obvious question for you Chuck2 is this, you obviously have no use for most of the posters on this site so why do you continue posting?!?!
          That"s what I was wondering also. Does anyone really know this guy or is he paid to spew bull shat just to keep the site going?

Comment

Originally posted by AllisWD45 View Post
            Usually i just sit quiet and follow the debates on here if you could call them that especially when you are involved. You never ever have any reasoned input except to spew bullshit. Just **** off already your ****ing wheat board glory days are over and done. Get a grip on reality. Sorry to the rest of you on here for the outburst but enough is enough.I'm guessing i won't be on here much longer anyway.
            I recently contacted another person who was regular here, they had enough, why does it always have to come to this? Name calling, people leaving, intolerance, narrow and closed mindedness. Really already....

Very few farming discussions anymore...

Hard to have a forum with only like minded people patting each other on the back, head nodding in agreement on every issue. There seems to such a lack of respect and tolerance.

I'm not taking sides and I've done my fair share of political attacking of governments, but everyone should be entitled to their opinions. A group of forum posters can't even civilly have a discussion about the solutions to the crisis, I hope Government "Committees" aren't this bloody dysfunctional.

Ok, now you can get back at it!

Comment

Farma

Why do you think Grass doesn't show up on here anymore. Every time he would write an opposing view point it was like a pack of wolves on weak deer. He often mention ideas from the NFU and would be ripped apart.

"Conform or be cast out" the big threat of some posters promoting the IGNORE bottom!

Weak!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                I recently contacted another person who was regular here, they had enough, why does it always have to come to this? Name calling, people leaving, intolerance, narrow and closed mindedness. Really already....

Very few farming discussions anymore...

Hard to have a forum with only like minded people patting each other on the back, head nodding in agreement on every issue. There seems to such a lack of respect and tolerance.

I'm not taking sides and I've done my fair share of political attacking of governments, but everyone should be entitled to their opinions. A group of forum posters can't even civilly have a discussion about the solutions to the crisis, I hope Government "Committees" aren't this bloody dysfunctional.

Ok, now you can get back at it!
                WHile everything always goes to the political route ...it becomes hard to ignore...it wasn't that long ago that the Bloq was only interested in what was good for Quebec....now they have to take a more nationalistic view because they realize the rest of the country will be the ones bailing out their coveted industries ...

Air Canada is based in Quebec and will see high level meetings already begun to help bail them out and prove to be very fruitful for the shareholders....

Meanwhile in western Canada farmers are expected to accept loans to help stay afloat while the cheques to Quebecs dairy farmers are getting cashed and they are dumping milk....because they refuse to reduce the price and accept some of the hurt we will all be expected to feel?????

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                  Farma

Why do you think Grass doesn't show up on here anymore. Every time he would write an opposing view point it was like a pack of wolves on weak deer. He often mention ideas from the NFU and would be ripped apart.

"Conform or be cast out" the big threat of some posters promoting the IGNORE bottom!

Weak!!!!
                  FWIW, I like grasses input , and if i was gonna buy beef direct , it would be from a producer like him , obviously loves what he does
                  he makes me think lots of times

Comment

Originally posted by cuban_assassin View Post
                    Canada needs to immediately put together a task force of experience individuals who can establish a plan of how the nations economy gets back on its feet after Coronavirus. We need to put our differences aside and entertain any and all options. For example turf carbon tax and bill c69 indefinitely. Whatever it takes to get us back on our feet. Put politics on the shelf and the hell with the Paris agreement for now and no more global spending of any kind!! All Canadian federal govt dollars stay here to look after our own people!
                    Next question is names of Some individuals to sit on this task force to set direction for govt to follow. Some names that come to mind are Brett Wilson, Stephen Harper, Paul Martin, Brian Mulroney, Brad Wall, Rona Ambrose, Rex Murphy, Jean Chrétien, Chrystia Freeland, Jody Wilson-Raybould, Jane Philpott, Jim pattison, Frank McKenna, Mark Carney, Julie Di**son, Murray Edwards. Perhaps a mix of current and past political leaders and private sector individuals with strong economic background and the likes of Rex to coach the task force how to present plan to Canadians and a guy like brad wall to sell it. We need a group of people who will work together for the common good and set their petty differences and political stripes aside To save Canada from completel economic ruin!
                    Let’s hear your thoughts!
                    With apologies to the OP but this is delusional daydreaming as long as Skippy and crew are running the good ship Canada. They now have the opportunity to rebuild the country as they deem necessary - green energy, no more pipelines, tar sands oil - gone (mostly killed by the Saudi-Russo price war). Liberal-worthy industries (SNC, Bombardier, grow-ops) get huge inflows of taxpayer money. Down the road more of western Canada being returned to "first nations", reverting much of it back to the time of Capt. Palliser. I expect nothing good to come of this, but it's okay because the budget will balance itself and we'll all be given just enough of our own money back to keep from starving.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                      This would be key, there are totally different priorities on each side of Thunder Bay.
                      IMHO each side holds different values now. And that’s why this country is so much more divided. I know I really hate when our fake PM makes the statement “ that’s what Canadians want “

Comment

Originally posted by oldjim View Post
                        With apologies to the OP but this is delusional daydreaming as long as Skippy and crew are running the good ship Canada. They now have the opportunity to rebuild the country as they deem necessary - green energy, no more pipelines, tar sands oil - gone (mostly killed by the Saudi-Russo price war). Liberal-worthy industries (SNC, Bombardier, grow-ops) get huge inflows of taxpayer money. Down the road more of western Canada being returned to "first nations", reverting much of it back to the time of Capt. Palliser. I expect nothing good to come of this, but it's okay because the budget will balance itself and we'll all be given just enough of our own money back to keep from starving.
                        If we do nothing .... you are right
                        We can’t let that happen

Comment

Originally posted by oldjim View Post
                          Great idea on to have the best and the brightest get us back on track and really like some of the suggestions.

But I fear this one is already planed out to take us down the road to the new green economy.

They may well do it by committee but it will have someone like Fat Ralph as chair and a few trusted drum beater like Chuck to bob their heads to whatever people like Butts has convinced out leader what is best for the new economy.

Expect lots of support from the public broadcaster and MSM in general.

Sorry to be such a downer but that's the way I see it.

Only hope is he can't get it past his own party.

The NDP and Green's will support it.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            FWIW, I like grasses input , and if i was gonna buy beef direct , it would be from a producer like him , obviously loves what he does
                            he makes me think lots of times
                            Grass. I miss his input. Thing with him, you actually knew he was a farmer, he put his money where his mouth is, and he worked hard to help newcomers in the industry. He also believed in different ideas.

Not very much like the several others on here who for me, well, it is really hard to accept they have a land location, and not a basement suite that they call home.

Grass, if you're reading, I hope you're wintering well and the cows are rewarding you as they harvest the land for you!

As far as guys who get under your skin: I don't personally care if they do. I am fine with them posting. They are not what makes me leave on occasion. Big Wheel had an absolute conniption on me the other day, and has had several over history.

Rolls off the back. He has no idea who I am, what I do, etc., despite posting rabid nonsense towards me personally, even in threads I am not involved in! lol And so I am secure enough in my life that I let it roll. I find people like that shut up, or at least may/should gain respect if you reply with kindness and not disdain. They don't know what to do with that! lol

So I think a more proper "screening" if we need it, would be to post a picture of ourselves standing in a position that shows we actually farm. Ok, maybe not ourselves, I like anonymity too, but just prove somehow you farm so that respect can be granted. Because it is real hard to believe some of these folks farm.

For my farm, all you have to do is go to redbarnfamilyfarm.com

And order some lamb or other stuff. WINK!

Comment

Sheep, is it possible to ship frozen goods in butt-fu ck Sask?
                              i ran outta time that day in saskatoon , and then was gonna get some on the way back from honduras , but we landed and headed straight to the house
                              i dont suppose you ever go to tisdale ?
                              Last edited by Guest; Apr 5, 2020, 15:23.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                                is it possible to ship frozen goods in butt-fu ck Sask?
                                i ran outta time that day in saskatoon , and then was gonna get some on the way back from honduras , but we landed and headed straight to the house
                                i dont suppose you ever go to tisdale ?
                                Frozen goods like vegetables can be hard to find at times now .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...