• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flu

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    His humour aside, you don't see anything in his global insights that match up with reality? I see him pretty spot on for most of that. He called wexit tensions 6 years ago.
    Nope. He talks quickly and drops plenty of name and lingo bombs. Nothing intelligent I could gather, but hey maybe that's just me. Couldn't watch it all so maybe I missed the point.

Cbc article Canada working on a plan to deal with a potential coronavirus pandemic. #workingonit Does it sound like they have a good plan in place?
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5473738 https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5473738
    Last edited by biglentil; Feb 24, 2020, 23:16.

Comment

Who knows the accuracy but WHO have changed there tune since initial announcement really think in wilds of western Canada and my patch were to a fair degree immuned.

I know jazz and I agree on most things but China rules the world virus a month on wolrld almost shut down.

Said a while back China India then Russia/USA vying for third spot on who biggest player.

Edit re who “ The new virus has a death rate below 2 per cent, while the SARS fatality rate was around 10 per cent.” this was on 12 th feb changed now I reckon
      Last edited by malleefarmer; Feb 25, 2020, 02:55.

Comment

And nutters suggesting China created the flu so it could by food cheaper geez I’ve got more chance in believing in GW and Climate change.

Comment

Why do I think the PM will designate this virus/kind that will kill some of us, special privileges because it can't speak for it's self.

I'm sure he has already booked an island in the Caribbean for his family and friend before things start to look questionable.

If he leaves, what will Canadians do without a seasoned and wise leader to guide us through the chaos and turmoil that lie ahead.
          Last edited by rumrocks; Feb 25, 2020, 14:55.

Comment

prognosis
            CDC Issues Warnings on Virus; Markets Take Hit: Virus Update

"The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned Americans to prepare for a coronavirus outbreak at home that could lead to significant disruptions of daily life, though the warnings were downplayed by the White House. Congress was told that there’s shortage of masks needed for health workers if one occurs..."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-24/global-cases-spark-selloff-no-pandemic-who-says-virus-update?srnd=premium&sref=u63QePaw https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-24/global-cases-spark-selloff-no-pandemic-who-says-virus-update?srnd=premium&sref=u63QePaw

Comment

guys the regular flu killed 80,000 Americans last year and 3000 Canadians.

Have some perspective. It's not a pandemic yet.
              Maybe some are just a little slower to catch on that this isn't the common cold or influenza. They don't shut down cities because you might sneeze a bit more then usual, hasn't even mutated yet, wait till a few million more get it, gotta open up those cities one day

The older you are the more deadly covid 19. Sounds like the demographics of Agriville will probably change in the next year or so. They aren't stopping this one. Good time to be under 9 years old seemingly immune. If you have cardio disease around 10% go. Diabetes 7.5%. Over 80, 15%

Comment

Lab in US will start human trials on a vaccine in April, a year till widely available...

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                  Maybe some are just a little slower to catch on that this isn't the common cold or influenza. They don't shut down cities because you might sneeze a bit more then usual, hasn't even mutated yet, wait till a few million more get it, gotta open up those cities one day

The older you are the more deadly covid 19. Sounds like the demographics of Agriville will probably change in the next year or so. They aren't stopping this one. Good time to be under 9 years old seemingly immune. If you have cardio disease around 10% go. Diabetes 7.5%. Over 80, 15%
                  Talk about hyperbole. It has a 1.3% mortality rate in people 50-60 and average 5% in groups above that. That's not exactly black death levels now is it. Its not exactly advantageous for a virus to have a high kill ratio because it kills itself in the process.

I am with Trump, it will be more controlled when summer arrives.

Comment

Stick with the moron Trump . He knows as much about virus as he does about hurricanes. He is more worried about the stock market than peasants health. There is no treatment for maybe a year. 2 % mortality versus .1 for regular flue. No one really knows how bad it will be, especially not Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                      Stick with the moron Trump . He knows as much about virus as he does about hurricanes. He is more worried about the stock market than peasants health. There is no treatment for maybe a year. 2 % mortality versus .1 for regular flue. No one really knows how bad it will be, especially not Trump.
                      Lots of doctors are saying once the winter respitory season is behind us there is a better chance for containment. We know flus and colds and even SARS was greatly muted in the warm season months.

I am not falling for the chicken little stuff anymore. We have too many climate fruitcakes that did that. In about 60 days time we will know if this is something more serious. We could restrict travel into the country of it was a threat, but skippy is still letting 300 flights a week from china come in here. He doesn't seem worried.

Comment

Talk about hyperbole. It has a 1.3% mortality rate in people 50-60 and average 5% in groups above that. That's not exactly black death levels now is it. Its not exactly advantageous for a virus to have a high kill ratio because it kills itself in the process.

I am with Trump, it will be more controlled when summer arrives.
                        That's the official story when you take total deaths/confirmed cases. That number assumes that the rest of the confirmed cases will recover. Real world numbers (deaths/recovered+deaths) are closer to 8% assuming those in critical condition get top notch care. Once the hospitals get overwhelmed which happens very quickly expect that number to at least double. Reports also suggest people are getting reinfected just weeks after recovery and the second time around is much worse. If supply chains break down... then the virus may be the least of our worries.

Comment

You can not restrict flights from everywhere. It has now spread to Europe. With a little luck it will not spread to N.A. till summer. THIS Fall will be the deal breaker. There is no treatment for a year out. Trump has cut funds from CDC and has not appointed anyone to oversee strategy .

Comment

Lots of doctors are saying once the winter respitory season is behind us there is a better chance for containment. We know flus and colds and even SARS was greatly muted in the warm season months.

I am not falling for the chicken little stuff anymore. We have too many climate fruitcakes that did that. In about 60 days time we will know if this is something more serious. We could restrict travel into the country of it was a threat, but skippy is still letting 300 flights a week from china come in here. He doesn't seem worried.
                            Keep telling yourself that when you're hooked to a ventilator

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                              Keep telling yourself that when you're hooked to a ventilator
                              Well lets revisit this in 2 months and see who was right.

The health officials are just as responsible for the spread of this virus as any of the carriers are. Keeping people on cruise ships, letting people with symptoms fly, quarantining hundreds of people in high rises, Chinese disease lab located near one of the busiest outdoor markets on the planet, china hiding it for a 6 weeks before anyone else knew.

We will see if the same bungling happens when it gets going here.

Comment

Let's see confirmed cases doubling every 6 days is being generous (In many places its doubling daily). 80000 people confirmed today, in 6days 160k, 12 days it will be 320k, 18 days 640k, 24 days 1.28m, 30 days 2.56m, 36 days 5.12m, 42 days 10.24m, 48 days 20.48m, 54 days 41m., 60days 82m.

Then Jazz will recognize a problem. Btw its 31C in Singapore and cases exploding there so not sure if it will slow down much this summer.

Let's keep going for a bit. 66 days 164m, 72 days 328m, 78 days 656m, 84 days 1.3b 90 days 2.6b 96 days 5.2b, 102 days 8b. End of May just like I said weeks ago.
                                Last edited by biglentil; Feb 25, 2020, 21:09.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...