• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
    They keep changing the moisture charts. I am told that a 14.5 years ago would test 15.5 or higher on today's charts.
    Ya that’s interesting how moisture charts can change. Seem pretty straightforward that the same machine and the same grain variety would be consistent moisture measurement.

Perhaps someone could explain.

Comment

Canola was 10.5 and all barley was 14.8%...

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
        Canola was 10.5 and all barley was 14.8%...
        The “dry” numbers mean nothing
        What you need is a chart from 50 years ago
        Theres where they changed itb
        They have canary specs so dry it is just about unattainable in the field, and every buyer is different
        This canary chart is ****ed
        Used to use the flax chart with 225 grams now it is 250 , guess what that does to the moisture

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          You miss my points ...sometimes specs have to change in order to make everyone a little money...

You ever hear about how the grain gets bought on the prairies for a 3 but magically all gets exported as a 1....

Someone has changed the specs within a railcar on a one week trip from the prairies to the coast and yet no one monitors that either...

Maybe, and this is a known fact, a 1crws north of Edmonton is not the same as a 1cwrs south of the number 1 highway...

My brother brought some grain from a friend's farm outside of Edmonton and had it graded down here....1cwrs north of Edmonton didn't make a 3cwrs down here.....

Just saying....things can and should change....to meet the circumstances....

How much dry grain is on the west coast to blend?????

I am not running for the Sask wheat commission....was busy with other things when they nominate people...typical of all the farm groups .....do shit like that in the middle of harvest ....never in the winter when guys have more time to think about it....
          It's because of these horrible board members that wheat isn't 12.5 - which is what it should be for truly international markets.

Well stop thinking about it and go make some change. It will change your life, you'll never see Agriculture the same again.

Comment

Yes
            Bucket for ag minister
            Just run in one of the ridings like we have here
            Where you could run a dog for sask party and it would win
            Seriously , you would be an asset as a politician
            You see details that many would miss

Comment

I would back you for sure.

Yes, I should have worked harder getting someone we know to run in the SW.

He would have been excellent.

I am starting to think Ralph will loose as Thursday night young people had over a 100 Micheal Kram signs along Wascana creek lined up till the liberals came and took them down.

Then two schools Ralph went to give his speech to seniors, and Cambell phoned him back saying no one was willing to listen.

Oh, how I pray he's done.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                It's because of these horrible board members that wheat isn't 12.5 - which is what it should be for truly international markets.

Well stop thinking about it and go make some change. It will change your life, you'll never see Agriculture the same again.
                You know they like it dry for the trip in the boat across the ocean....gains moisture.....

Well locally they have started using falling numbers after what 75 years of international standards so they don't get caught at the port. ...to their benefit not mine...other years it might of helped the farmer using falling numbers....

And tweety ....I know what kind of people are on boards....people that want another thing to put on an empty resume. ....the kind that when you ask relevant questions say.." that's a good point.." or " that's a good idea " ....and then never act on it....

I won't clean up other people's phuckups. ...not in my wheelhouse anymore...

Get involved. ...sure ...as soon as the people that phucked things up admit to their incompetence...

When they started the program to allow first time home buyers use RRSPs for the down payment. ....I called many people to lobby for that for first time land buyers....never got anywhere but all of a sudden you could use investors to buy RRSPs that went out and buy farmland....and then the CPPIB got in on it as well...

Not quite the same thing....it's slowly consolidating farmland and when you have a guy like Perdue saying get bigger or get out....that's where Canada's ag sector is heading as well....

Comment

"Well locally they have started using falling numbers after what 75 years of international standards so they don't get caught at the port. ...to their benefit not mine...other years it might of helped the farmer using falling numbers...."

And TRUST their falling # tests somewhere in a closed room far far away? Any number can be dreamed up!
                  Last year after 20 days of rain and snow our # was still greater than 360. Waiting for this years.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    You know they like it dry for the trip in the boat across the ocean....gains moisture.....

Well locally they have started using falling numbers after what 75 years of international standards so they don't get caught at the port. ...to their benefit not mine...other years it might of helped the farmer using falling numbers....

And tweety ....I know what kind of people are on boards....people that want another thing to put on an empty resume. ....the kind that when you ask relevant questions say.." that's a good point.." or " that's a good idea " ....and then never act on it....

I won't clean up other people's phuckups. ...not in my wheelhouse anymore...

Get involved. ...sure ...as soon as the people that phucked things up admit to their incompetence...

When they started the program to allow first time home buyers use RRSPs for the down payment. ....I called many people to lobby for that for first time land buyers....never got anywhere but all of a sudden you could use investors to buy RRSPs that went out and buy farmland....and then the CPPIB got in on it as well...

Not quite the same thing....it's slowly consolidating farmland and when you have a guy like Perdue saying get bigger or get out....that's where Canada's ag sector is heading as well....
                    So just keep talking then and accomplish nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                      So just keep talking then and accomplish nothing.

Now that you put it that way....I would make board material. ...thanks...lmao.

Comment

Standing wheat, HAHAHAHAHA what a joke.

Flat wheat was 21.4 at 4 and then 20.6 at 5:30

Very windy yesterday but we have fog right now. Start time maybe 11 if propane comes. Shut down for a day and starting to wonder if games are going on.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	O11353dhS3y9Di%vMr7Yqw.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	769005

shit is flat

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...