• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe 38 years ago but not lately.

Comment

When your sitting you think a lot.

Like how can it rain 15 inches in one year? North of us 20.

Is the Propane tank full?

Did that aeration fan quit?

How muddy is the back road?

What Hutt colony will be farming here in a few years

Click image for larger version

Name:	oSzp1RJjRwi%u5sDb+arxA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	768994

You know up today we have dried over 120000 bushels. That's more than the first elevator I hauled to as a kid held.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
        Some swathed durum is totally green on top of the swath, prolly not dollar bills laying on top, right?
        Trying - trying - trying should be the farmers moto. Today everyone will be trying standing stuff. Good Luck everyone, keep safe.
        Swathed barley here is ready for the weed spray

Comment

Someone was talking doing doughnuts on the highway. I was doing that a few days ago, driving in the field with the swather. It's a shit show, Slip slide and away. One field on the way out from Regina is Blooming again. Too bad it was HRS, that was sprayed a month ago. RR canola all the way.

Comment

Not long ago caseih and I were discussing grain moisture in swathed versus standing crop.

What each was testing after that first ugly system went through.

His priceless line was wheat in the swath up there was testing "in the four leaf stage". Too funny, sometimes it helps to make light of and laugh at the severity of a problem.

But this is really beginning to suck.....I'm not used to this!

Comment

No one is use to this....The difference is the crop wasn't ripe before the first rain and it didn't dry between the rain and the snow....

The sad part is no one is going to change the specs on moisture to get this off ....Force guys to get to 15 or 14.5 and this will be a long winter for the grain industry...

And forcing farmers to buy dryers or pay for dryers is just downloading of more costs...

At one point in time in this industry for the good of all involved....solutions have to be found that can't keep coming out of the pockets of producers.

Comment

Cold cloudy but we have wind

And mud

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  No one is use to this....The difference is the crop wasn't ripe before the first rain and it didn't dry between the rain and the snow....

The sad part is no one is going to change the specs on moisture to get this off ....Force guys to get to 15 or 14.5 and this will be a long winter for the grain industry...

And forcing farmers to buy dryers or pay for dryers is just downloading of more costs...

At one point in time in this industry for the good of all involved....solutions have to be found that can't keep coming out of the pockets of producers.
                  Some of us are used to it, this is the 5th year like this now. So cheer up, you don't have it so bad.

Maybe when you are the new director of the wheat commission you can set the moisture to 17. Because as you say, all the directors have to do is ask for things like that and they get them, but they are too busy freeloading off your checkoff in Hawaii to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                    Some of us are used to it, this is the 5th year like this now. So cheer up, you don't have it so bad.

Maybe when you are the new director of the wheat commission you can set the moisture to 17. Because as you say, all the directors have to do is ask for things like that and they get them, but they are too busy freeloading off your checkoff in Hawaii to make it happen.
                    You miss my points ...sometimes specs have to change in order to make everyone a little money...

You ever hear about how the grain gets bought on the prairies for a 3 but magically all gets exported as a 1....

Someone has changed the specs within a railcar on a one week trip from the prairies to the coast and yet no one monitors that either...

Maybe, and this is a known fact, a 1crws north of Edmonton is not the same as a 1cwrs south of the number 1 highway...

My brother brought some grain from a friend's farm outside of Edmonton and had it graded down here....1cwrs north of Edmonton didn't make a 3cwrs down here.....

Just saying....things can and should change....to meet the circumstances....

How much dry grain is on the west coast to blend?????

I am not running for the Sask wheat commission....was busy with other things when they nominate people...typical of all the farm groups .....do shit like that in the middle of harvest ....never in the winter when guys have more time to think about it....
                    Last edited by bucket; Oct 4, 2019, 09:05.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

I can't blame grain handlers for letting their suppliers absorb the costs of drying and storage.
                      Farms in this area have invested heavily in storage and drying lately.

But a irresponsible government choking the shit out of an economy while dishing out endless cash to people in cities.
                      Getting to be two standards of service.

Let's get high pressure gas and 3 phase power to more farms if can.
                      Not shut down generation and tax the life out.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post

What was considered dry for hrsw 50 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                          What was considered dry for hrsw 50 years ago?
                          14.5 or 14.8 i believe

Comment

Originally posted by AllisWD45 View Post
                            14.5 or 14.8 i believe
                            It was 14.5 back in the early 70’s but I don’t know about the 50’s early 60’s.

Comment

Misty now or it’s me crying the ****ing rain won’t end.

Click image for larger version

Name:	42A062F6-0A72-434B-969A-9AAC0CC546D2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	768999

Comment

They keep changing the moisture charts. I am told that a 14.5 years ago would test 15.5 or higher on today's charts.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...