• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some rain and some Skunked.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not second guessing anyone, but check your soil moisture situation before spending money on reseeding deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      We need the jet stream to change and change fast.
      Apparently the jet stream is right overhead @ about 200 kph. Not working either.

About one tenth of an inch for May and June so far....

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
        Not second guessing anyone, but check your soil moisture situation before spending money on reseeding deeper.
        The field had flax on it last yr and all the straw was burned off so there is like very little organic matter on that field. I don't want it bare over the winter so have to get something growing on it. Just grab some durum out of the bin and shoot it down there. Running out of options. Wish I had never tried canola this yr.

Comment

Got a,nice inch of rain and snow temperture only to plus 4 most of the day it was 1c

Comment

Milking cows when Elvis death on radio.
            Harrowing barley for John Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
              Elvis died behind your house? In Saskatchewan? Did you at last try to help him? Lol I Just scared my wife as we sit and have coffee in a cold house in June. My sudden laughter made her jump. Lol.

Sorry grass, never saw you caught that too.
              Same thing happened to me , lol

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                So had a chat with crop insurance about my non established canola. 12 plants, seeds or half living seedlings in the dust per sq m is still considered an established crop. Like WTF. Second week in June and they call this to have still have a chance at a crop. I want to get it written off and reseed something deeper but they arent making this easy. Meanwhile getting weedy. Some one mentioned spray it out with Liberty then seed something else in deeper and take what you get in the end.
                The way this shitshow is going, arent you
                Better off that you have the full coverage on your canola ?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                  Milking cows when Elvis death on radio.
                  Harrowing barley for John Wayne.
                  Where about did John farm?

Comment

Too funny!

Comic relief, the best medicine.

Comment

Best medicine is a bottle of spiced rum.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        In the wet years, I would have been far far far better off had I been able to actually seed in the years I couldn’t, than to take the too wet payment.

If you have reasonable coverage, I agree, leave the canola be. Worst part is watching a poor crop all year. Those summers were hard on me, and your confidence and mental health takes a beating. At least for me it was a real struggle.

Comment

Update: donning helmet and life jacket!

Looks like we're going white water rafting up on shit creek this year. And true to the folklore, they are chronically short of paddles up there. Last I heard, the sheer volume of participants up there this year meant there was also going to be a shortage of rafts...

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            I lowered everything to 50% coverage this year because my guarantee was so low. Only been growing canola for the past 7 or 8 yrs and only trying for the 50bu yields the last 3 so my averages are not that high. I think my guarantee at 80% coverage was 28 bu.

I have had a couple crops like this in the last few yrs. Just didn't get the starter rainfall needed. I have always regretted leaving them.

Comment

I’m glad you guys had a good laugh.

On serious side get the helmets on a shit storm is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                                Had one tell me farmers are finally fall pricing in Alberta as they know a crop is made. Similar in Manitoba but Sask farmers are gun shy. .
                                Not sure if they're fall pricing or just trying to get $10 canola while they think they can. Which is a whole other level of shitness.

The cereals are looking ok in this area but it's far from made, and in the case of peas and canola it's barely even sprouted!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...