• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. Just gives u better standability in heavy wet conditions. Better water transfer throughout the plant due to the thicker stock and the fact it’s still upright not kinked over in a lodged situation.

Comment

From the study I read Farma I would say timing was dead on. Tillering looks complete to me. Any earlier can shut down tillering and cause a yield loss. Label has a wide window does not mean there isnt an ideal timing. In the study virtually all the yield benefit comes from preventing lodging. If its not going to lodge without manipulator I would say waste of money. Plus we need the snow catch.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
        No. Just gives u better standability in heavy wet conditions. Better water transfer throughout the plant due to the thicker stock and the fact it’s still upright not kinked over in a lodged situation.
        Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the European and Argentinian varieties of wheat that Klaus was talking about, being bred for 30" of rain, as opposed to our designed for drought conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
          Some new varieties are shorter.claim higher yields.
          May be more N. Used for heads rather than straw.
          We have Hughes side by side with titanium..both headed..hughes is 7 inches shorter now.will see when done stretching.
          Major saving in harvest time if true to yield.
          yea it's unreal , and Hughes lot lighter color . we saw the same height difference a few years ago when we had unity and titanium in the same field . unity was taller. both yielded similar back then

Comment

Spraying the half section field with fungicide of which half was sprayed with Manipulator. The lines are distinct...probably a six inch difference at this point.

Our sprayer has air assist boom clean out and where I ran out of Manipulator and emptied the booms with air pressure(while moving) you can just see the nozzles(sections) across the boom that were spraying air(light mist) and a true spray...

Even after harvest I won't be able to claim the treated stuff yielded better because the treated quarter of the half section is newer land and a better quarter because of that. My main goal was to keep the tall variety, Jatharia, standing on that piece of land. If it increases yeild it will be a bonus....its supposed to according to IHARF trials.

The wrong weather can flatten anything!

Comment

Comment

This is AC Brandon it’s short and yield stupid if you give it the juice and coolaide specials. Big leaf mass I think we’re getting close

Comment

Spraying for disease.

Comment

I sure don't like the color of the photo I posted..... it must be the early morning reflection off the Rogator!

It is actually a darker green than SF3's crops!!!

The photo was taken to show the line between Manipulator and untreated.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	07953342-6EF7-4015-A719-3FEA20EEC757.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	766527

13” long , 8” wide. 1012 RR nexera !

Comment

First time I try acc Connery and I like the way it looks so far. Short and stalky I have been told it is hard thrashing. Now if I could only get the plane to spray it.
                        Last edited by seldomseen; Jul 7, 2018, 10:43.

Comment

Our biggest yield impactor is moisture. The lack of, and sometimes poor timing. July is historic in every way, every year. Yields 20 to 80 bu acre, depending....

Does anyone do primary head counts per meter? Maximizing the primary head counts with crop seeding density in a effort to reduce tillering. Let the plant focus energy ( nutrient) and moisture on the main/ primary head vs tillers that contribute a proportional smaller contribution to yield, and then the tillers die off at the first hint of rain going north, south and east of us

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                            First time I try acc Connery and I like the way it looks so far. Short and stalky I have been told it is hard thrashing. Now if I could only get the plane to spray it.
                            Hes got ten planes in nipawin now and couldnt spray yesterday (plus the 3 or 4 local ones )because of heat and wind . Going today with sprayer sure windy though
                            Two helicopters were going north and south of town yesterday also
                            Need an air traffic controller lol
                            Hopefully everyone keeps drones grounded , not much more room up there
                            Last edited by Guest; Jul 7, 2018, 10:59.

Comment

Why are the wheat heads white on top

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                                Why are the wheat heads white on top
                                Must be the way the light hit the camera because when your in the field you can't see that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...