• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A test for seed drills ....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    Yup, GPS and a smart hitch and GPS controlling the pivoting wheels to keep the discer from dog trailing up steep hills and passing the tractor coming down the other side since its hard to keep straight because of shallow seeding. And slow speed seeding sprockets.

Seriously?
    Canola......with a discer.... Im not calling you a liar, but its a struggle to believe it.
    That is so awesome!
    That guy is my hero. A $500,000 discer.

Comment

disc drill is awesome, but as you know more maintenance, but the extra work is worth it when you see how nice and even your crop emerges, even in the cart and tractor wheel marks. if I was on a sandy or clay loam, not sure if I would need a disk drill, but when your seeding into wet black clays, nothing beats it. most units around here are JD, followed by BG, CNH/NH, few salfords. Planters really catching on too, but I don't see the need unless you are a corn grower, then you can use it for beans and canola. never see seedhalks, morris, seedmasters around here, don't know why, I guess they never caught on.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
        Seriously?
        Canola......with a discer.... Im not calling you a liar, but its a struggle to believe it.
        That is so awesome!
        That guy is my hero. A $500,000 discer.
        Lol, Yup, buffalo chips! (Obviously)

Please refer to furrows comments....pretty much says it all.

Comment

Neighbour was going to reseed a half of Canola, but there was quite a bit of first crop still there. He did a nice job cutting in a bit more Canola with JD disc drill. Very little damage to first crop. Disc drills are catching on here too. All planters are good when it rains - the real test comes when there is no rain after seeding.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Lol, Yup, buffalo chips! (Obviously)

Please refer to furrows comments....pretty much says it all.
            I read it twice, gave it some general thought. Its not something I could figure out but it sounded plausile!

Furrow, you got me hook, line, and sinker🙂

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
              I read it twice, gave it some general thought. Its not something I could figure out but it sounded plausile!

Furrow, you got me hook, line, and sinker🙂
              Furrow's quote, "They all work well , they all have there place". Pretty much is true...the drills all have their pros and cons.

I think we will have to start an "Agriville Myth Busters" series.
              Klaus...you like testing stuff, do you want to Host it? Pick a partner to Co-Host with you.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...