• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A test for seed drills ....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
    Looking very grim... very possible that there wont be a canola crop at all in our area. But too wet I lose a few acres because they are unseedable the rest runs 70+ waaaaa waaaa waaa. Some guys dont have a ****in sniff.
    70+ bpa......LOL. Thanks for the comic relief regarding seeding Canola in the mud and cat tails.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      My neighbor went out spread fertilizer and seeded with discers. ...my guess he nets more than the rest of us.
      Your neighbor doesnt sound very progressive. What ddi he seed? Obviously not the best genetics in canola. Nothing really profits other than canola. He should rent out for $80.00-$149.00/ acre . Why does he waste his time farming his own land he owns with primitive farm equipment he owns?
      The next good rain will turn things around and properly placed good genetics canola
      Seed will still go 60 bu/ac

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
        Your neighbor doesnt sound very progressive. What ddi he seed? Obviously not the best genetics in canola. Nothing really profits other than canola. He should rent out for $80.00-$149.00/ acre . Why does he waste his time farming his own land he owns with primitive farm equipment he owns?
        The next good rain will turn things around and properly placed good genetics canola
        Seed will still go 60 bu/ac
        And when is the next good rain.??????

That older equipment is what built the farms that allowed the youngings to go buy million dollar seeding equipment. ...
        Last edited by bucket; May 21, 2018, 05:02.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	eLu8XpKKQ0mg3taIa4ch1A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	766440

Bourg with foot spacing seeded on last Tuesday.

Ok enough with the mine is better than your bullshit. We have one guy with a Flexifoil 5000 and I bet he is just as good as our new one.

But it will be interesting on the establishment and did the Seed Hawks and seed master has fertilizer burn with Ammonia.

Ok, next rain event maybe Thursday. HAHAHA That was a funny laugh.

Seeding in to wet.

Seed 1000 acres canola it comes up you think F#$K I got this and put in for 1000 acres with Sask Crop insurance.

Rains and rains and then you get the ultimate three-day rain that dumps up to 75 to 100 mm.

Your crop and water have nowhere to go.

harvest yes maybe 680 at 43.3 because some are 20 some is 70 and some are 40. Presto your guarantee at 70% coverage goes down each year from what it was and you just grow exactly what your suppose to so No Check for you.

Now we have dry areas of sask with more coverage than the traditional Canola area thanks to the 10-year average Bullshit.

Yea great Money making system.

Comment

And when is the next good rain.??????
            Next month?
            Some forecasters are seeing beneficial(half inch) rains for 20% of SK with bias to the eastern areas of the province before month's end.

This is kind of like a 1988 lite. Not as hot but still

Comment

Looks like possibility of rain Thursday.

Comment

Weekend forecasts don't count.

Comment

Most of our crops are saved or lost on the Farm Progress show weekend in Regina.

I feel the real question on the airseeders should be
                  - how much moist soil do you need over the seed for it to grow?
                  - Then the next question is how deep is the seed?
                  - Seeds with good fertility and quality can easily emerge and be vigorous as they push through light/fluffy, loose packed soil. Different story if a hard rain washes dirt into the furrow, crusts etc.

Comment

Weekend forecasts don't count.
                    That is true.

Latest run doesn't increase beneficial amounts coverage but has moved it west off the Manitoba border. Small areas could see 4 day totals of a half inch plus by Saturday. Or not

Comment

Originally posted by Ronski View Post
                      I may have to dust off the trading account and buy some call options. Either that or close
                      it out and buy beer.
                      I think I’ll do the same. May be better than crop insurance. Then it’ll be sure to rain- an inch a week😂

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Our next chance at precip in my neck of the woods is towards the end of next week....looks like another lottery. For those lucky enough to have adequate to abundant moisture to get canola established....be greatful.

This isn't fun anymore.

Edit, next week means the end of this week I guess.... today is Sunday.

This is just looking like, “Shades of 1988” . Our rain historically comes from Montana-Idaho lows but some darn North down-pressure is not allowing those big orange fronts to get over the border. We are in constant communication with brokers in Montana, they have good moisture so far ( winter storms were good to them) and Helena had an inch last week, so maybe the systems will break through and the scenario will change.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                          Looks like possibility of rain Thursday.
                          We need an inch not a few tenths. If we don't get an inch in the next month it's game over here. We got the crop to start so I'm thankful we had snow this winter. But it won't make much difference without a nice rain. we had 18 inches of subsoil when we started seeding time is running out for this crop.

Comment

[QUOTE=furrowtickler;379102]Planted on the 13th with the Horsch
                            Had decent moisture at time , very dry since .

Planted on May 16 with good moisture with a 5710 and hot and windy after seeding until yesterday with 4 tenths.

Comment

[QUOTE=seldomseen;379401]
                              Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              Planted on the 13th with the Horsch
                              Had decent moisture at time , very dry since .

Planted on May 16 with good moisture with a 5710 and hot and windy after seeding until yesterday with 4 tenths.
                              👍👍

Comment

Got time to actually do some scouting
                                Just thought I would share this ...

Just shows the individual row shut off on the Horsch

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...