• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

land auction today

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing like land prices to get farmers talking...
    Here, NW of Saskatoon, very high assessed land sold for a low of $70k in 1991, up to $100k 2002, up to $425k 2013. Class C crop ins soil, no stones, 160 ac. Those are real numbers with cancelled cheques to prove it. But go south to the boulders, there was some low as $40 in 1991, and north to the sand and some for $30k in 1991.
    So 6x 1991 rates. I suspect the low assessed $30k may bring $150k but I will not have any cancelled cheque proof-good land is good land, and poor land is shit land, always will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
      Huh?

You couldn't buy a slough quarter for $100K anywhere here.

The land we bought in MB in the 90s for $12k a quarter websold for $107 in '12.

Ask anybody on here and they will tell you prices have done a lot more than fourfold.

FCC "averages" include intergenerational sales. Sometimes well often those aren't at cash market value.

But this is you grassy. And you love to argue black is white so whatever.

Yeah and that's you klause spouting BS and claiming it as fact. The quarters sold in the opening post weren't making $100k but we can always resort to Agriville's coffee row to prove that "some" land is making hugely more and call that average when it clearly isn't. I don't know why you are arguing this anyway as my point was that English land prices are many, many times what those on the prairies are and that will continue to draw new land buyers to Canada. You decided to make it a p###^%# match about which country had seen the biggest increase in land values which is irrelevant to the discussion.

Comment

fcc numbers are pretty accurate. here it was hovering around 60-100,000 a quarter depending on quality and timing for a long time up till 2008-9. now it is roughly triple that.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
          fcc numbers are pretty accurate. here it was hovering around 60-100,000 a quarter depending on quality and timing for a long time up till 2008-9. now it is roughly triple that.
          I would say 4-5X here. Roughly speaking.

My hindsight investing is as good as my hindsight marketing!

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
            Same here , absolutely fact . Grassfarmer your doing like the climate change freaks - cherry picking horseshit data for your cause .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              Same here , absolutely fact . Grassfarmer your doing like the climate change freaks - cherry picking horseshit data for your cause .
              Er no actually - if you read the thread you guys are actually agreeing with me at the 4x values and pointing out that Klause's 13x is the horseshit data.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                Er no actually - if you read the thread you guys are actually agreeing with me at the 4x values and pointing out that Klause's 13x is the horseshit data.
                Lol...yup!

Comment

I c your point grass , but your not comparing apples to apples either .
                  Klause never mentioned Sask average.
                  He stated “here” which clearly meant his area , thus he may very well be bang on .
                  Again cherry picking to fit an argument.

Comment

Here , in this area we have from $75,000 to $480,00 . For the exact same dirt .

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                      Just under $4000 compared to $16,500 now.
                      Is that the entire national average per acre price of all farmland , including pasture ?
                      Or just a locally point of reference?

Comment

I c your point grass , but your not comparing apples to apples either .
                        Klause never mentioned Sask average.
                        He stated “here” which clearly meant his area , thus he may very well be bang on .
                        Again cherry picking to fit an argument.
                        I was quoting real figures - credible averages - apples to apples. Klause was the one trying to discredit my valid figures by cherry picking to fit the argument - cherries to apples, if you like ;0)

Comment

Is that the entire national average per acre price of all farmland , including pasture ?
                          Or just a locally point of reference?
                          Sheesh, I wish some of you guys would read what's written. The prices I quoted in the first post were stated to be the average of all arable land sold in England. So that's a national average, not local - for arable land, so not including pasture land.

Comment

Klause is close for our area. 10 times the value in the last 20 years. Hard to make it work when u got 2 greedy bastards ruining the chances of a young guy trying to start. Ok for the old f@$#& getting out!

Comment

Barely doubled here, if that.

Comment

about 2.5 times what it sold for at the peak before the 80's wreck here. then it dropped big time mid eighties . one parcel sat for several years at $60k/quarter, would fetch $350 +(6 times) now . some of the best land in sask i think

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...