• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

land auction today

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by makar View Post
    As long as you are buying the beer, sure i can go with that.
    Some say the jury is still deliberating!

Comment

I'm betting Ducks picked up a few parcels.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Some say the jury is still deliberating!
        I can find 12 friends that drink beer.

Comment

Makar, I'm peerless, here in the Gutter of the Slum of the Ghetto. (Where did your last post go?)

TSIPP, did that dirt actually change hands?
          Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 20, 2018, 00:16.

Comment

Thought last post was repeating the previous so deleted, hey someone listens to me.

Comment

It’s the 3 L’s, you know, 3x location. That area was somewhat depopulated by an native land claim settlement in the 90’s, so a large block of reserve land is to the immediate east and to the west Chinese investors, or I assume, new Canadians of Chinese decent, have bought vast tracts. Cracks have appear3d in getting tenants. This was never the $100-$125/ acre cash rent you see 25 mile north of this location. I think $30/ acre was the rate in this area. There are only a handful of farmers that seem to be dividing up a lot of area and renting these investors property, so take one or two farmers out of the mix and there’s a problem. Rumour is a local bought several pieces at yesterday’s auction.

Looks like the investors have left the building around here. Back to farmer prices.

Comment

I was reading a report of English land prices in 2017 yesterday. Converted the dearest parcel of arable land sold was just shy of $30,000/acre - the average of all arable land sold was over $16,500/acre. 60% of the land was bought by farmers - the rest presumably by "investors". With prices like these I think it's unlikely that Canadian land prices will decrease much going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                  I was reading a report of English land prices in 2017 yesterday. Converted the dearest parcel of arable land sold was just shy of $30,000/acre - the average of all arable land sold was over $16,500/acre. 60% of the land was bought by farmers - the rest presumably by "investors". With prices like these I think it's unlikely that Canadian land prices will decrease much going forward.

What we're land prices in the UK on 2004?

Here in sask you could buy dirt at 30k a quarter section.

Lack of subsidies, lack of transportation, and lack of nrt profit will drive land prices down.

It's happened enough times in the past and history repeats itself.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                    With prices like these I think it's unlikely that Canadian land prices will decrease much going forward.
                    Short term I agree. Mid to long term it all depends if the land will produce anything that generates a return on investment

Comment

Long term bear market in Canadian real estate has begun. Stagflation is back here in Canuckistan with the inflation rate rising. Interest rates are forced to follow inflation upwards. In 1981 inflation was 10% and that is what caused high interest rates to fight inflation.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post

Here in sask you could buy dirt at 30k a quarter section.

Lack of subsidies, lack of transportation, and lack of nrt profit will drive land prices down.

It's happened enough times in the past and history repeats itself.
                        Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                          Just under $4000 compared to $16,500 now.

Comment

Land prices fall? It can't happen and it won't happen. Don't you know they aren't making anymore and we have to feed a growing population!?!? The economics of the producer making money isn't even taken into consideration!

Ok, enough sarcasm...

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              Land prices fall? It can't happen and it won't happen. Don't you know they aren't making anymore and we have to feed a growing population!?!? The economics of the producer making money isn't even taken into consideration!

Ok, enough sarcasm...
                              thats what that prick at fcc told us in early 80's when we were stroking a check for double what the land was worth . a couple years later we were in trouble and he was retired on a grandiose federal pension . someone said they never regretted buying land . i sure regretted that stuff . we did a lot of work and cleaned piles , windrows, bush etc . done a lot of ditching , grew some really nice crops ,and eventually sold it for 2.7 what we had paid for it (was to far from home). luckily Grant helped us with the interest in the dirty eighties, or we mightn't have made it. he was the only help we ever got , and no-one provincially or federally has given a f@#k about farmers since

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander View Post
                                It’s the 3 L’s, you know, 3x location. That area was somewhat depopulated by an native land claim settlement in the 90’s, so a large block of reserve land is to the immediate east and to the west Chinese investors, or I assume, new Canadians of Chinese decent, have bought vast tracts. Cracks have appear3d in getting tenants. This was never the $100-$125/ acre cash rent you see 25 mile north of this location. I think $30/ acre was the rate in this area. There are only a handful of farmers that seem to be dividing up a lot of area and renting these investors property, so take one or two farmers out of the mix and there’s a problem. Rumour is a local bought several pieces at yesterday’s auction.

Looks like the investors have left the building around here. Back to farmer prices.

I noticed on the Ritchie's website the map of the area had a bunch of quarters shaded a different color, I was wondering if that was "land settlement claims land". Well, I guess so.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...