• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prayers to all involved hockey bus crash

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have stopped at that corner hundreds of times going west with a loaded semi and if you stop at the stop sign you can see clearly both north and south.

Comment

Just saying Bob... but if there's a vehicle behind your mirror.... you're not gonna see it

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
        Just saying Bob... but if there's a vehicle behind your mirror.... you're not gonna see it
        Coming to a full stop and waiting just seconds is enough time for vehicles to come out of your blind spots.

I drive a passenger vehicle with horrible blind spots created by wide windshield pillars combined with big side view mirrors, it takes extra care and attention driving that SUV.

Coming to a complete stop eliminates the possibility of a vehicle being in that blind spot and not noticing it before its too late.

Such sad circumstances....take care out there.

This is wide reaching, even a community 25 miles away from here was affected.

Comment

Hockey Night in Canada has done an excellent job honoring the entire Bronco Team showing pictures individually of each team member during Coaches corner.

All Canada is saddened.

Comment

Is there a railway crossing there too? That could change things.

Comment

If you turn north towards Nipawin you cross rail and if you go strait west you cross the same rail line because the rail line runs on an angle NE-SW. It not very often you see a train there in the winter.

Comment

Passenger vehicles for hire stop at railways, don’t they?

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                  If you turn north towards Nipawin you cross rail and if you go strait west you cross the same rail line because the rail line runs on an angle NE-SW. It not very often you see a train there in the winter.
                  There's actually 2 crossings going west - you cross the CN line to Carrot River and then the CP line to Nipawin. That's why that former dehy, now grain gathering point was built there - so it could be on both rails. Someone else has pointed out that a charter bus would likely have to stop for the CN crossing on 35 highway which means the bus should have been slowing down by the time it crossed the 335 junction.

Comment

I read that the semi was on its way to Alberta. I am not to familiar with that area. Would the semi be turning onto highway 35 or would it be going straight through?

Comment

That's right Bob,I forgot the CP line.

I think the rule is that busses stop at uncontrolled rail crossings but these are controlled.

Comment

Originally posted by Jagfarms View Post
                        I read that the semi was on its way to Alberta. I am not to familiar with that area. Would the semi be turning onto highway 35 or would it be going straight through?
                        You can go either way but going on 35 is primary and going on 335 is secondary and rough. Coming from Carrot River you would be secondary anyway and moss is light so I don't think that primary would matter.

Comment

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/04/07/humboldt-broncos-victims-deaths-hockey-crash-saskatchewan_a_23405484/?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000001

http://leaderpost.com/news/canada/the-worst-nightmare-has-happened-empty-ice-and-the-chill-of-familiar-details-haunt-humboldt-following-bus-crash/wcm/b462ddba-90e1-4fed-b1c0-d8e8f98c3b68
                          Last edited by fjlip; Apr 7, 2018, 19:43.

Comment

Seems these deadly intersections are a sad part of rural life. There is one several miles south which has claimed 3 lives in separate accidents. Not mention the fatalities so numerous on what I’d consider a decent highway by my place. Driving home I pass by every turnoff and can’t help but remember a particular incident and fatality. Reasons vary for why they occurred but that isn’t near as important as the physical, emotional, and mental toll on victims, and their loved ones. This shit just plain sucks. My deepest most sincere condolences to all involved in this tragedy.

Comment

Here's Google Streetview image of the intersection - going north on 35.

Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	766376

Comment

Absolutely terrible.
                                My thoughts and prayers are with the families and first responders

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...