• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stick a fork in it. Lake time **** it this one is over zero rain in July!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
    West of Lethbridge we have had 6mm since June 15
    Now that's something to whine about!

Comment

This thread is about commodity marketing. I like to hear how everyone is doing around the prairies so maybe I can make a better decision on pricing our grains.. When you farm small acreages like us it's even more important to make the best of production and marketing.

So when SF3 or anyone else describes their situation I appreciate it. The ranting or hyperbole means nothing to me, it just makes for a more interesting thread. We live in an area where a good crop for us is only fair to others but we make a decent living. Some farmers make more some less, its like that in every walk of life. We've only had 1 big crop in the last 4 years but that doesn't mean I hate all those areas with big crops and call them out for it when they post about it. I just want to know!

I need to know what's going on around the region and the world. And where better than listening to actual producers than the "fake media/traders" . Last year I was able to sell all our wheat for a #2 and average about $7.85. Lowest price on one load 6.80, highest 8.45 and this came from getting a feel for what was going on for wheat production and basis levels then making a pricing decision. Need to make a good call again with this short crop. Made to many bad ones over the years.

And one other thing could everyone please proof read their posts, the poor English and sentence structure makes some posts almost impossible to understand.

Comment

Just about forgot

Go Stamps Go.

Comment

Just out by David Philips Regina dyest July since 1887. .11mm

Comment

Everybody has different problems in life.

I don't think it's fair to keep dogpiling on SF3...

This is a nice place to destress sometimes... I'm not on as much as I used to be enough problem of our own.

Klausette's grandpa passed away this spring... We just about lost her other grandpa from super high blood sugar (and he was never a diabetic)

Then right before seeding Dad has a coronary event... He's got surgery scheduled

Our hired help from the UK has his own issues and bailed on us May 10th.

My mom was diagnosed with stage 2 cancer last week.

So crops being heat stressed are sometimes the least of a farmers worries.

Comment

Stamps, I don't really think a lot of posters here are for grain marketing. This is more of a coffeeshop for those that live too far to drive twice a day, for the latest gossip.

HRS wheat is down $0.32/bushel CAD today and nobody notices !

Comment

Klause, take care. Best to your family.
                I know only too well when family health issues are front and center there's no time for anything.

Comment

Whoopps, looks like I spoke too soon, seems to be going even lower !

Comment

Correct Klause..health issues far more important than who got what amount of rain..
                    We all have our own issues.

Comment

Wheats dropping like a stone so they can screw all the guys off the combine in a month. But nothing has changed for the better the drought continues. Australia still dry yields are down protein is tough find and snowed and froZe in some parts of South America but all is good just a great big magical day!

Comment

Klause you are correct!!! In the last 5 years I have lost
                        A child at a young age (5 months old)
                        My mother 5 years ago
                        My father 2 years ago
                        My mother in law 2 years ago
                        Father In Law- Massive heart attack
                        And my grandmother (99 years old)
                        And the real shitty part in all this bullshit is I'am only 36.
                        So if anyone thinks they are having a bad day PM me and I will give you my cell #
                        And I will tell you what a shitty day is!!!!!!!!
                        Sure drought and flooding take there toll, but really it's just a crop. Family is everything and people like me have very little family left at a young age. So everyone please think about it.

Comment

If I had a commodity account and money to lose I'd go long on mgex wheat today but wonder if a position on cad would be necessary to cover risk. Options are low risk but low reward and don't have enough moola to cover a margin call. Guy just has to sit with bins locked if it can be done until market manipulators push the market up. Even my area where moisture is good a lot won't be worth a shit if we don't get heat or get a frost, and it'll be plain late anyway. The market will probably be held down until after harvest for easy pickings.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                            If I had a commodity account and money to lose I'd go long on mgex wheat today but wonder if a position on cad would be necessary to cover risk. Options are low risk but low reward and don't have enough moola to cover a margin call. Guy just has to sit with bins locked if it can be done until market manipulators push the market up. Even my area where moisture is good a lot won't be worth a shit if we don't get heat or get a frost, and it'll be plain late anyway. The market will probably be held down until after harvest for easy pickings.
                            .....more crazy talk!!!! Shame on you WiltonRanch.

I'm going long tinfoil!

Edit....Ok, I will defend wider basis to thwart deliveries

"Push" grain onto the market....wide basis
                            "Pull" grain into the market..... narrow basis

I just about got swept out to sea with them negative waves.
                            Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 25, 2017, 12:48.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerSmuck View Post
                              Klause you are correct!!! In the last 5 years I have lost
                              A child at a young age (5 months old)
                              My mother 5 years ago
                              My father 2 years ago
                              My mother in law 2 years ago
                              Father In Law- Massive heart attack
                              And my grandmother (99 years old)
                              And the real shitty part in all this bullshit is I'am only 36.
                              So if anyone thinks they are having a bad day PM me and I will give you my cell #
                              And I will tell you what a shitty day is!!!!!!!!
                              Sure drought and flooding take there toll, but really it's just a crop. Family is everything and people like me have very little family left at a young age. So everyone please think about it.
                              shit man... if you ever need a ear feel free to PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                                Oh hallelujah!

Give me a break.

Just stating a fact you can't grow a crop with no rain in July. Am I not correct.

It's not about holidays you NDP hacks it's about rain and you can't grow a crop with zero rain in July.

Never have we missed rain in July. Never.

I know yields will be down.

Funny thing even areas with decent rain the crops aren't that stellar.

Oh canola just at Cabadge in the north and wheat heading, yea that's going to add yield.
                                "Just stating a fact you can't grow a crop with no rain in July" You think we can't figure out that on our own????? So no...sorry, your just floundering around trying to come up with something to say, not just stating fact.

You got what you asked for....along with everything else that people throw at you on here. Deal with it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...