• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stick a fork in it. Lake time **** it this one is over zero rain in July!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
    Wheats dropping like a stone so they can screw all the guys off the combine in a month. But nothing has changed for the better the drought continues. Australia still dry yields are down protein is tough find and snowed and froZe in some parts of South America but all is good just a great big magical day!
    It rained in and around Winnipeg last night. Western Canadian wheat crop is made.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerSmuck View Post
      Klause you are correct!!! In the last 5 years I have lost
      A child at a young age (5 months old)
      My mother 5 years ago
      My father 2 years ago
      My mother in law 2 years ago
      Father In Law- Massive heart attack
      And my grandmother (99 years old)
      And the real shitty part in all this bullshit is I'am only 36.
      So if anyone thinks they are having a bad day PM me and I will give you my cell #
      And I will tell you what a shitty day is!!!!!!!!
      Sure drought and flooding take there toll, but really it's just a crop. Family is everything and people like me have very little family left at a young age. So everyone please think about it.
      Good point sir. Puts it in perspective. I'm the same age. That's just heavy. Takes fortitude to talk about that stuff here. Hear all that what don't kill you makes you stronger stuff but until you face it yourself you just don't know how it feels. Grief losing 1 is enough but a whammy like that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
          This weather pattern in the 30's had many farmers moving up here to farm. Rain rarely misses the NE corner. Been TOO wet since 2010. BIG water still BIG, check Quill Lake levels. But it is always COLDER, freezes sooner, and harvest is always later, just can't have it perfect. Kelvington at 8.6" rainfall, highest in the province, isolated spots more than that. Drown outs on 10%.
          Sorry to hear of the crop losses. But our determining crop factor will be frost date.
          someone's off there, actually north of carrot River/Tobin lake is in excess of 16" since spring , on top of the 40+or- " last growing season . very little crop in those areas

Comment

Geez some of you are relentless I wish you would drop it already.

Comment

Originally posted by seabass View Post
              Blaithin we all have shit luck but don't piss and moan about it then post pictures of nice equipment and decent crops. Some are worse some are better just the way it goes.I can give u a play by play of the last 17 years on our farm and they are a mixed bag.
              2000-dry but average crop
              2001-dry poor crop
              2002-dry very poor crop
              2003-dry average crop
              2004-cool and wet froze shit crop
              2005-nice weather good crop
              2006-nice weather dryer late summer avg crop
              2007-nice weather avg crop
              2008-nice weather avg crop due to drowned out
              2009-wet june dry summer avg crop wet fall
              2010-shit
              2011-wet spring dry summer turned out good crop
              2012-wet spring dry summer aster yellow poor crop
              2013-damn good crop
              2014-wet spring dry summer good crop
              2015-garbage dry year all the way through
              2016-dry spring good rains late no frost good crop
              2017-wet spring dry now who knows looks avg

Every year is different. Challenging as hell but take her as she comes.
              Wow. That is impressive.
              I cant even remember what I did yesterday.

Comment

Farmer Smuck, you are amongst friends here, even though sometimes it doesn't sound like it. Today I met with a young friend who lost his dad to cancer in January, a strong, vibrant enterpreneur and farmer. Man, I feel for your loss.

Comment

Yup Saskfarmer, you're screwed, just like many of us

[URL="https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/saskatchewan/regina"]https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/saskatchewan/regina[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                    Yup Saskfarmer, you're screwed, just like many of us

[URL="https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/saskatchewan/regina"]https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/saskatchewan/regina[/URL]
                    That'll seal the deal. Even my area is under a heat advisory but we need it. Had a big rain event Sunday Monday so some heat now will push things along and we may beat an early frost hopefully.

Comment

You lucky duck, Wilton Ranch. Enjoy, and send some rain down our way. There's not enough moisture here to make tears. 😿

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                        Wheats dropping like a stone so they can screw all the guys off the combine in a month. But nothing has changed for the better the drought continues. Australia still dry yields are down protein is tough find and snowed and froZe in some parts of South America but all is good just a great big magical day!
                        Wheat drop was due to very good yield estimates from the start of the crop tour in eastern manitoba and northern part of North Dakota.

Up today due to them seeing a bit rougher crop.

Market reflects global supply and demand. Guess when supply increases.

Or you know magic

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          You lucky duck, Wilton Ranch. Enjoy, and send some rain down our way. There's not enough moisture here to make tears. 😿
                          I count my blessings cause more often I've been in your guys circumstance than wet. Next year it could be our turn. I'm stockpiling feed already.

Comment

When it comes to surveys what everybody knows isn't worth knowing
                            Nobody pays attention to these crop tours. Everyone is waiting for the next weather forecast. And it is too late for some areas even if it did start raining.
                            Enhanced satellite shots of Montana and N Dakota comparing 2016 and 2017. It's dry. Montana's on fire.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Montana ND jul 17 16.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	765874
                            [URL="http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/news/local/2017/07/24/fires-destroy-homes-rage-across-rural-montana/103954198/"]http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/news/local/2017/07/24/fires-destroy-homes-rage-across-rural-montana/103954198/[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Kinger View Post
                              Wheat drop was due to very good yield estimates from the start of the crop tour in eastern manitoba and northern part of North Dakota.

Up today due to them seeing a bit rougher crop.

Market reflects global supply and demand. Guess when supply increases.

Or you know magic
                              Are markets ever set by actual sales?

Comment

I thought I read there was a delegation of about 76 people on a crop tour, including millers , bakers, and GrainCos. The "Boots on the Ground" guys, aka the actual Producer, knows damn well what's going on.

I too think this is turning into a "what is" and not a "what can be" for a large part of the American northern tier States and the Canadian Prairies. There is likely places where rain would do a bit of good yet, but here we are just about out of time on our farm. Definitely too late for peas. Maybe plump up some wheat and help canola fill a bit better. But time is of the essence.

Its almost time to look at it for what it is because there is little potential left for it to be any better in some places.

Try again next year, maybe it will be better. Heaven forbid worse.... and it could be here.

Harvest safe.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...