• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

humate humic acid

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
    Don Flaten can't be trusted on any data. He's usually an NDP schill at least when it comes to phosphorus and Lake Winnipeg and farming.

FYI we use Lignohumate and see a return. The investment is small and greatly enhances phosynthesis, root development and even speeds maturity. We use it foliar at .5- .75 L/acre. Most of our soils are a ph of 7.5 - 7.7. There is no benefit on lower ph soil. We have a quarter that is a ph of 5 and we don't use it there.

We currently apply foliar. Canola plants get real excited with humane applied at bolting.

That's my take, my advice is try a bit yourself to see. Leave a check if you want. The investment is small. Don't let sourpuss Tweety dissuade you from giving it a chance. As far as scientists, I've met very few I'd give the time of day to, especially Don Flaten.
    I would have to disagree on that. Strange mentality to trust companies selling products to you with no real data but you dont trust a soil scientist. To each his own. Yes academics are usually a little on the left side of the spectrum but that doesn't mean they aren't credible.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
      I too wanted to learn more of this person's research/trials and like you could not find a Dr. Scott Walker.
      Did however find a D. Scott Walker of Manitoba who has a consulting firm. I note this person does not have a doctorate, rather a 2 year diploma in Horticulture from Ontario College.

[URL="https://www.linkedin.com/in/d-scott-walker-88151a20/"][/URL]

Also note he is a "Licensed agent of Lignohumate® Technology"

Not exactly unbiased if this it the Dr. Walker we are to learn from.
      braveheart this is a total ****ing joke. exactly what I was talking about, Company hires a guy off the street and tells you he is a researcher/scientist.

Comment

i believe CLS was promoting http://www.bioagtive.com/index.php?p=0&action=news&newsID=1107
        heavily at one time. can i say Credibility

Comment

The most credible experts are the farmers that have used the product, instead of complaining about the product, try the damn product yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by stonepicker View Post
            The most credible experts are the farmers that have used the product, instead of complaining about the product, try the damn product yourself.
            Sorry don't have time to run an experimental farm for every new product that comes out. This is why we have public funded research and producer checkoffs. This thread was very useful to me. Since nobody can produce any meaningful data this product will be filed in the sake oil drawer.

Comment

What's the difference between humic acid components that i buy in a jug vs the ones produced from decomposing crop residues that produce, well, humic acid.

Comment

I have a friend / nabour who tried the liquid Activ 12 in 2016 and was very happy with the results

Has anyone else tried the liquid Activ 12 or 24?

I think the granular would work better but we are not set up for granular at this time

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                  Sorry don't have time to run an experimental farm for every new product that comes out. This is why we have public funded research and producer checkoffs. This thread was very useful to me. Since nobody can produce any meaningful data this product will be filed in the sake oil drawer.
                  You're welcome to wait on industry funded test results if you are too big and important to have time.
                  Last edited by biglentil; Apr 14, 2017, 10:54.

Comment

Tweety can wait 44 million years to make his own humate, and bgmb you can file humates into a snake oil drawer because it's your choice. In a free country you can make that choice, no use in arguing, just use it or don't. We use the product, we're using foliar and are working towards using granular (just not set up yet). We see the results I mentioned earlier as well as crops that can withstand pesticides better.

Comment

Thank you Braveheart. If it works for you, awesome. Interesting. My soils are ph 5.5.

About "experts". I think it detrimental that society in general discounting accredited scientists overall. Scientists are not blameless in this.
                      Applies to all disciplines. (In the extreme would be anti vaxers.)
                      Climate change all in the wording. And crop products suffer from salesmanship to conditions where they dont pay. (The majority)
                      If your smart enough to survive this long and you say it pays for you great. And your smart enuf not to sell it as a miracle blanket.

Leaving with this thought.
                      Yup, I'll probly use this quote again.
                      "The scepticism that I advocate amounts only to this: (1) that when the experts are agreed, the opposite opinion cannot be held to be certain; (2) that when they are not agreed, no opinion can be regarded as certain by a non-expert; and (3) that when they all hold that no sufficient grounds for a positive opinion exist, the ordinary man would do well to suspend his judgment."
                      Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                        Thank you Braveheart. If it works for you, awesome. Interesting. My soils are ph 5.5.

About "experts". I think it detrimental that society in general discounting accredited scientists overall. Scientists are not blameless in this.
                        Applies to all disciplines. (In the extreme would be anti vaxers.)
                        Climate change all in the wording. And crop products suffer from salesmanship to conditions where they dont pay. (The majority)
                        If your smart enough to survive this long and you say it pays for you great. And your smart enuf not to sell it as a miracle blanket.

Leaving with this thought.
                        Yup, I'll probly use this quote again.
                        "The scepticism that I advocate amounts only to this: (1) that when the experts are agreed, the opposite opinion cannot be held to be certain; (2) that when they are not agreed, no opinion can be regarded as certain by a non-expert; and (3) that when they all hold that no sufficient grounds for a positive opinion exist, the ordinary man would do well to suspend his judgment."
                        Bertrand Russell
                        I have a better saying.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Have a nice day.

Comment

Tried some Ligno Humate on Faller wheat. Applied with Prosaro at flowering.
                          Replicated 3 times in alternating swaths of applied and check, weighed in cart. +1.8 bu. humate.
                          Protein was .2 higher on the humate and vomi was the same.
                          I'm planning to do another trial this year but I think most would agree that 1.8 bushels extra falls into the inconclusive category.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-mo View Post
                            Tried some Ligno Humate on Faller wheat. Applied with Prosaro at flowering.
                            Replicated 3 times in alternating swaths of applied and check, weighed in cart. +1.8 bu. humate.
                            Protein was .2 higher on the humate and vomi was the same.
                            I'm planning to do another trial this year but I think most would agree that 1.8 bushels extra falls into the inconclusive category.
                            Thanks for sharing

Comment

"Not Statistically Significant".?.?.?.?.

Maybe IHARF(Indian Head Agricultural Research Foundation) would like to conduct some trials. They seem to do good work.

Maybe we should all get together and buy the product for them to test, that way there would be no bias.

Comment

How about the "companies peddling the stuff" pay for it and do proper trials.

Well bgmb, your original question was if there were proper trials. Seems the answer is no.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...