• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you pay for the CWB, you get to vote? Then I want my ballot.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for you Wilagro:

(Consolidated up to 101/2008)
    ALBERTA REGULATION 313/2002
    Traffic Safety Act
    BILL OF LADING AND CONDITIONS OF
    CARRIAGE REGULATION
    Application of Regulation
    2 This Regulation does not apply to the following:
    (f) goods that are owned by the person who is the owner of
    the commercial vehicle that is transporting the goods.

http://www.qp.alberta.ca/documents/Regs/2002_313.pdf

Comment

Tom...of course you can sell me a freakin horse...but I have 30 days to register with ALMA for a premises ID number if I don't have one.

Horses ARE on the list...I have the application right in front of me. The list of animals that ALMA requires a premises ID for is as long as your arm. When and if I apply, I will check off all of them...that should confuse them a bit.

It doesn't spell out the PENALTIES for NOT having a premises ID but most likely a warning letter and then a fine if one doesn't comply. Maybe they would seize the horse as well and make it talk and tell them where it came from. Ahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Just curious if this is a marketing issue or a traceability one. With issues like BSE,
        foot and mouth, the thinking is Alberta needs the ability to monitor where animals
        are going. Good or bad open for discussion but don't understand the relationship
        with single desk/the ability to tell all farmers to sell through one organization.
        Crop traceability is already in place through the commercial elevator system/CGC
        licensed facilities. Someone will correct me but samples are retained in elevators to
        check on varieties, chemical residue, etc. Already apart of the Canada Grains. Not
        on farm to farm/feedlot/feedmill but that may come.

Comment

Wilagro...

Ahhh they snuck another regulation in while I was not watching!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention... (not really?) surprised now my local my MLA Douggie G didn't bring this up... when he passed this regulation on his watch... and did NOT even discuss it with his own directors or farmers?

WHAT a deal. They will stop west nile virus this way.. we get to register all the mosquitoes and alert the AB gov. when they fly on and off the farm!

Why don't dogs count... as they can get west nile to?

I will forever be thankful you let me know!

Cheers!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...