• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CDMV online Order for Cattle Tags

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are we to believe in reports that US wheat prices to growers are a dollar a bushel more than what our handling and transportation system pays us?

Comment

There have been many complaints on AV about our graincos "stealing" from growers through basis levels.
      Would submit that the only reason they are able to get away with it is because of deficiencies in our system.

Comment

It is a very frustrating pastime for a guy staring at his PC to try and discover what his grain should really be worth.
        Right now Canadian #1 wheat prices are way too low. #2 a different story. I wonder if the wall of #1 wheat that went through the system last summer and early fall was BLOWN OUT at relatively low prices by the grain cos. They made their margin and that's all they worried about.
        Canadian #2 CWRS compares to the US HRS classification.
        #1 DNS requires at least 75% hard vitreous kernels-a very high standard.

Comment

Grain farmers working together forming co-ops in Western Canada . Our forefathers had the very same idea many years ago.

Maybe we should have pay attention to what they started and created. It's all gone now.

Here we go again reinventing the wheel.

Good luck Stormin

Comment

I suck at lots of things,just like every other human being.

The idea was to turn the cwb into a brokerage house.

Comment

i would think trying to do anything with the CWB would be an unmitigated disaster!

Certainly not a reflection of you cotton!

Comment

If they got new up or management at the cwb it might work.

Comment

New upper management.

I wrote it but Samsung was smarter I guess. FGDS. FFS.

Comment

That train has left the station. Market freedom was meant for the RR and graincos not farmers. Time to move on and deal with reality.

Comment

Single desk supporters used to say 'if we ever lose it, we will never get it back'.
                      Whether they knew it or not, it was an admission that it was outdated and time to move on.
                      Think as time passes, support for collective and communal action will continue to decline.
                      Business competitive will continue to increase.
                      Can see new business models coming into play and likely we are better to adjust and adapt rather than resist.

Comment

Economists at cp and cn understand the w.canadian market well. They know graincos are unregulated and free to extract grain profits in excess of $100 per tonne, yet the rr's are capped at roughly $35/tonne to pull grain 1500 kms to port. Wouldnt u also be upset that you werent getting your fair share?

Comment

Someone on here said the pot of money is only so big..... so it's only a matter of redistribution of wealth with producers left with what ever the others are willing to allow them to keep.

Comment

i was thinking they had a lot of things going for them like contacts,infrastructure etc,of course there would have to have been an staff restrure and voluntary sign up.

The question i have and i don't know the answer,is if we had an intermediary broker between us and the grain co's and the end use buyers would that not solve a lot of problems?

Was going to start a fresh thread discussing it.but said **** it,i don't care enough.

Comment

Interesting Cotton. What if a group in one area put together say 1500t of one grade, prot exc (on paper of course) and marketed it as a unit train to different Co's.

Comment

Wboeis, the graicos would catch on fast, theyd likely get together and blackball the group.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...