• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CDMV online Order for Cattle Tags

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The railways have publicly boohooed that they were not included.

Long before that they were sitting in some ministers office to ensure this charade didn't go on too long.

Seriously what is the difference between isis terrorists or what the railways and other corporate terrorists have done to this country?

Comment

Here is another question.

Why didn't the government talk to railway management months ago to avert this.

Instead they want to make it look like a union issue.

Can no one see the problem with railways management? Some senior railway people are jumping off that ship already.

Comment

What I like the most about this idea is that you're brain Stormin that is always a useful exercise. Never stop dreaming of ways to make more from what we have. We are indeed fortunate and opportunity is limitless. I agree wholeheartedly with the beginning of your post.

At this time I'm going to say I'm out. We are building a brand for our farm/ranch. We need to maintain our individual identity going forward.

The best of luck with this venture though.

Comment

Organic groups often do this.

One we are Involved in:
          A legal company.
          A group of like-minded growers
          Hire Several cleaning plants (remote.)
          Hire Bagging and shipping centre (remote)
          Hire Marketing company (remote)
          Pars.

Comment

Hensall District Co-op do basically the same thing with their IP/edible beans export business.

Oops I said the "C" word

Comment

Not quite what you mean, an aussie version of cottons thoughts.
              Its a different concept and is used widely basically ebay for grain third party holds money no buyer default.
              Its evolving

https://www.cleargrain.com.au

Comment

The data is a compilation of reporting by elevators based on real orders and real cars received against orders.

Comment

WK 23: 6312 cars ordered. 2271 spotted.

How many were available (empty)?

How many cars can the system physically
                  load/unload in a week?

What about producer cars(included in #)?

How many cars do RR have in total?

Comment

No more farmer run companies for me... cant and wont work if farmers in control of the business. Your best bet is buy stock of ag related companies.

Comment

Beyond meeting ship to port government order, seems to be up to railways to provide grain shipping pretty much where it pleases.
                      It is worth taking a look at some aspects of United States rail movement where shippers pay to have rail shipping service provided on a competitive bid basis and, in theory, who ever is willing to pay gets priority.
                      There are captive grain shipping areas where surface shipping authority has regulatory power.
                      A co-ordinated Canada-US bulk grain rail shipping protocol would be at top of my list of desired outcomes from prairie grain grower perspective.

Comment

Cotton, that's just what i heard anyways.

Perhaps you could share why it didn't work.

Comment

Does not seem logical to complain about our Canadian system and, at same time, reject US one.

Comment

Well be careful what you ask for actually data has also shown that paying more does not actually buy a higher level of service. Likely because of the lack of reciprocal penalties on the railroaders for failure to provide a service level.

Comment

Hensall is very successful. Google them.

Comment

Check out the weekly USDA grain transportation report. North Dakota rates to Portland, Oregon look very pricey. Remember that's in USD.
                                <a title="USDA Grain Transportation Report" href="http://www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/gtr">USDA Grain Transportation Report</a>

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...