• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anheuser Busch

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
    I’m pretty sure the maltsters are listening, nobody can withstand losing 5 billion a week for long, nobody!
    Anheuser Busch are brewers, not maltsters. I don’t know of them owning any malting companies?

Now yeah, a big conglomerate like them going down would have a trickle down effect on malting corporations sure, but are Canada Malt, Prairie Malt, Rahr, etc going to start asking questions before they sell their product to a brewer to see if they plan on taking a marketing risk?

So the farmer is going to ask the malt company if they sell to a brewer they don’t agree with and if so they won’t sell the malt their grain?

Or even easier:

The farmer is going to sell to the GrainCo that sells to the MaltCo that sells to the BrewingCo… so call up your local terminal and see if they can confirm they’ll never sell a grain that makes it on to Anheuser Busch or you won’t deliver your malt to them ever again.

Comment

If we don't get in front of this we won't be able too, we are already expected to produce a product that's deemed green by the woke corporations so they can sell it to the Saudis and China who stone woman and are constantly violating human rights, but this is overlooked because they are making the fortunes.
      it won't be long and we will be forced to accept there ECG policies or we won't be eligible to do business with them anyway.

Comment

Buyers and sellers should be rejecting this garbage at all trickle down levels.

Comment

To make this relevant to marketing.
          If customers actually put their money where their mouth is, and don't forget about this a week from now, is there enough excess production capacity at all other brewers to make up for a drastic drop in the largest producer?
          If not, would beer drinkers be forced to switch to some other beverage, and could it affect the market for malt barley?

Comment

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
            If we don't get in front of this we won't be able too, we are already expected to produce a product that's deemed green by the woke corporations so they can sell it to the Saudis and China who stone woman and are constantly violating human rights, but this is overlooked because they are making the fortunes. it won't be long and we will be forced to accept there ECG policies or we won't be eligible to do business with them anyway.
            Social credits for agriculture - coming to a theatre near you ...

https://www.agriresponse.ca/recent-issues/carbon-farming-the-way-of-the-future/

As the pressure to reduce carbon increases and the global financial system begins to require the adoption of certain practices as standard, Canadian financial institutions will likely give preference to borrowers who can demonstrate commitment to lowering carbon footprints and increasing resilience to climate change risks. This also means that agribusinesses (such as farm equipment and input suppliers, and also purchasers of agricultural products) will exert pressure on farms to adopt practices associated with carbon farming.

Training and education on these topics will be essential to ensuring farmers retain autonomy over their farms, and that they can benefit from the current momentum in this area while simultaneously improving the performance and resilience of their operations to economic and climate change risk

Comment

A quick google search and Anheuser-Busch does use their own malt, I don’t really know the difference between a brewer or a maltster nor do I care, I do enjoy a beer and I don’t care if it’s cold or warm, probably prefer a room temperature one.

I’m sure everyone in sales, marketing and advertising is paying close attention now.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                A quick google search and Anheuser-Busch does use their own malt, I don’t really know the difference between a brewer or a maltster nor do I care, I do enjoy a beer and I don’t care if it’s cold or warm, probably prefer a room temperature one.

I’m sure everyone in sales, marketing and advertising is paying close attention now.
                If you don’t know the difference between a Maltster and a Brewster then how can you say Maltsters are listening with so much confidence? You don’t even know what they do!

If AB does their own Malting then farmers going to the MaltCos here and demanding to know who the MaltCo sells their product too if they want to buy the grain will not only be ineffective but will make the farmers look like ignoramuses. If they supply themselves this won’t even have a trickle down effect on local MaltCos.

Commodities go through many hands on their way to the shelves. The commodity dealers and processors really don’t care or take that much note, there’s always someone for their products. They may not pursue the same marketing course themselves, but they’re not going to cater to people if it means losing a sale. They’re going to sell their product to who pays most for it.

Your logic is like saying you won’t sell wheat to the grain elevator because you don’t like Robin Hood as a company.

Comment

[QUOTE=Blaithin;564505]If you don’t know the difference between a Maltster and a Brewster then how can you say Maltsters are listening with so much confidence? You don’t even know what they do!

If AB does their own Malting then farmers going to the MaltCos here and demanding to know who the MaltCo sells their product too if they want to buy the grain will not only be ineffective but will make the farmers look like ignoramuses. If they supply themselves this won’t even have a trickle down effect on local MaltCos.

Commodities go through many hands on their way to the shelves. The commodity dealers and processors really don’t care or take that much note, there’s always someone for their products. They may not pursue the same marketing course themselves, but they’re not going to cater to people if it means losing a sale. They’re going to sell their product to who pays most for it.

Your logic is like saying you won’t sell wheat to the grain elevator because you don’t like Robin Hood as a company.[/QUOTE

Well this is the problem with situations like this. The people that can influence change get talked out of it and stymied but what ifs and won’t works. We hold a lot of power but don’t follow though because there’s always a doubter

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                    Well this is the problem with situations like this. The people that can influence change get talked out of it and stymied but what ifs and won’t works. We hold a lot of power but don’t follow though because there’s always a doubter
                    The influencing is not buying the product, not denying to sell your product to someone who has little to nothing to do with it.

But hey, you don’t want to sell your malt as malt because you’re worried it’ll eventually end up in an AB brewery then go for it. I’d rather grade feed barley than malt all day long.

Comment

My logic must be flawed, 30 years ago I almost bought a grain farm but I didn’t because I didn’t like the CWB, the only grain I grew went through a cow.

Comment

The influence is not dealing with the said company, not atoll.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                          I see the hutts switched beers also the cans they throw out on the road are now Coors banquet !
                          I realize my comment is not marketing related and has nothing to do with this topic, but your post reminded me.
                          In my travels today I saw multiple vehicles or side by sides traveling the highway ditches picking up bottles and cans.
                          I noticed most of the cat's in the ditch tend to be beer cans. Apparently people still drink and drive, but to destroy the evidence, the chuck the bottles out the window. The law of unintended consequences at work, outlaw drinking and driving, and it increases littering.
                          And what is the carbon footprint, or net energy gain or loss involved in the entire beverage container recycling process. In this case, someone is burning fossil fuel in there vehicle picking bottles, then more fossil fuel driving those bottles to the depot where they will consume energy sorting and repackaging them, burn more fossil fuel trucking them to the recycling facility, burn more fossil fuel recycling them. How does this actually compare to mining and producing raw aluminum in the first place? Or glass or plastic?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            I realize my comment is not marketing related and has nothing to do with this topic, but your post reminded me.
                            In my travels today I saw multiple vehicles or side by sides traveling the highway ditches picking up bottles and cans.
                            I noticed most of the cat's in the ditch tend to be beer cans. Apparently people still drink and drive, but to destroy the evidence, the chuck the bottles out the window. The law of unintended consequences at work, outlaw drinking and driving, and it increases littering.
                            And what is the carbon footprint, or net energy gain or loss involved in the entire beverage container recycling process. In this case, someone is burning fossil fuel in there vehicle picking bottles, then more fossil fuel driving those bottles to the depot where they will consume energy sorting and repackaging them, burn more fossil fuel trucking them to the recycling facility, burn more fossil fuel recycling them. How does this actually compare to mining and producing raw aluminum in the first place? Or glass or plastic?
                            Glass is more environmentally friendly and more fun to play “signs”. Who still buys bottles though?

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                              I see the hutts switched beers also the cans they throw out on the road are now Coors banquet !
                              Doubt its the hutts, thats top line beer, i can only dream of drinking it,

Comment

Does anyone know What Canadian Malt houses sell to Anheuser Busch? Do they even use Canadian Barley?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...