• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Chuck?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s end the fiction the renewable “green energy” it not as profit driven as the oil industry , not as green as they say , not even close . Hydro is decent yup , but will nearly be impossible to every get more in Canada with environmental regulations and First Nation issues .
    The benefits of “green energy “ and the ills of the fossil fuels are both greatly over exaggerated for the push to change where your energy dollar goes …. That’s the bottom line

Do we need both … absolutely, but nuclear is the way forward for base power to reduce emissions and more importantly pollution.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EBC72A75-01E5-499D-B61F-8E5E2E67B665.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	773646

Comment

https://capi-icpa.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/2022-07-25-Ag-Census_QuickThink_Draft_7-Final_reduced.pdf

• From 2016 to 2021, the number of farms who
        report producing (and often using) some
        type of renewable energy has increased in
        every province, for a countrywide increase
        from 10,000 farms to 20,000 farms.

The number of farms reporting the
        production (and sometimes, use) of solar
        energy increased from 8,000 in 2016 to
        14,000 in 2021.
        • Solar energy is more common in the Prairies.
        Some areas have more than doubled in the
        number of farms reporting solar energy
        production, from 200 farms to over 400
        farms per census division.

Comment

Chuck, you are repeating yourself again. You already posted this nonsense a while ago. You need to find a way to keep track of what your various online personalities post on which social media sites. You obviously have too much on your plate. You can't keep relying on me to keep track for you.
          , Since you are repeating yourself, I will copy and paste the response I offered last time around. Twice for good measure.

So according to Chuck's article, only 11.9% of Canadian Farms are using some form of renewable energy.
          Does this mean that photosynthesis has now been canceled along with all the other inconvenient laws of nature and physics?
          Every farm I know of is relying on photosynthesis as their primary source of energy. And it is the ultimate renewable energy source.
          Even intensive livestock is still using photosynthesis as their energy source, just one step removed. About the only exceptions would be hydroponics or enclosed greenhouses, or carpet farmers stuck in the basement with no windows. Reply With Quote So according to Chuck's article, only 11.9% of Canadian Farms are using some form of renewable energy.
          Does this mean that photosynthesis has now been canceled along with all the other inconvenient laws of nature and physics?
          Every farm I know of is relying on photosynthesis as their primary source of energy. And it is the ultimate renewable energy source.
          Even intensive livestock is still using photosynthesis as their energy source, just one step removed. About the only exceptions would be hydroponics or enclosed greenhouses, or carpet farmers stuck in the basement with no windows. Reply With Quote

Comment

Funny how the climate cult hide like crickets when the questions come.

Lets put it simple as we can, Sask identified the need for 650MW of new generation, why arent we doing that here instead of tieing into the americans.

Wheres the solar arrays and windmills you keep crowing about. I see endless land to put them on.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
              https://capi-icpa.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/2022-07-25-Ag-Census_QuickThink_Draft_7-Final_reduced.pdf

• From 2016 to 2021, the number of farms who
              report producing (and often using) some
              type of renewable energy has increased in
              every province, for a countrywide increase
              from 10,000 farms to 20,000 farms.

The number of farms reporting the
              production (and sometimes, use) of solar
              energy increased from 8,000 in 2016 to
              14,000 in 2021.
              • Solar energy is more common in the Prairies.
              Some areas have more than doubled in the
              number of farms reporting solar energy
              production, from 200 farms to over 400
              farms per census division.

Chuck every f####ing farmer in the world has been using solar and wind power to dry their crops for the last 5000 years!

Comment

There is no one on this earth who has depended on photosynthesis, solar drying and wind for pollination and drying more than farmers. They should write the book on working with Mother Nature to provide food for the masses.

Comment

The 2021 Ag Census news that farmers across Canada are increasingly adopting and using renewable energy including solar, doesn't seem to be well received on Agrisilly. What a surprise.

So the suns energy has powered and continues to power life on earth, but we shouldn't use it as a source of renewable electricity? LOL

Comment

The 2021 Ag Census news that farmers across Canada are increasingly adopting and using renewable energy including solar, doesn't seem to be well received on Agrisilly. What a surprise.

So the suns energy has powered and continues to power life on earth, but we shouldn't use it as a source of renewable electricity? LOL
                    Yesterday from the AESO “Daily Average Pool Price Report”. On peak average electricity price is 44.25 cents a kilowatt. Off peak is 3.98 cents a kilowatt. It has been predicted that Alberta will soon have the highest percentage of renewable electricity in Canada. Look at how cheap our electricity in Not! Off peak would be during the night, no solar power then Chuck2. By the way you never responded to my previous post(#20) on this same topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                      Yesterday from the AESO “Daily Average Pool Price Report”. On peak average electricity price is 44.25 cents a kilowatt. Off peak is 3.98 cents a kilowatt. It has been predicted that Alberta will soon have the highest percentage of renewable electricity in Canada. Look at how cheap our electricity in Not! Off peak would be during the night, no solar power then Chuck2. By the way you never responded to my previous post(#20) on this same topic.
                      So you aren't happy with the deregulated market supply and demand pricing for commodities and energy? I thought that's what you free marketers wanted most of all! LOL

I would be happy to get 44 cents a kwh for peak prices from my solar panels because the solar supply peaks are fairly close to peak air conditioning demand in the summer and in southern states. That would make them a really good investment.

Comment

So you aren't happy with the deregulated market supply and demand pricing for commodities and energy? I thought that's what you free marketers wanted most of all! LOL

I would be happy to get 44 cents a kwh for peak prices from my solar panels because the solar supply peaks are fairly close to peak air conditioning demand in the summer and in southern states. That would make them a really good investment.
                        Yup ….. in the southern states
                        Last edited by furrowtickler; Aug 20, 2022, 14:33.

Comment

Nice if it works out that way for you. Honest question between your solar array and line power would you say your power bill is zero? Couple neighbours have sizeable arrays on their farms. One is powering and heating a new shop. Other mostly residential needs. That’s what they are figuring is their power bill is about zero. That’s back feeding onto the grid.

Comment

chuck the best thing you could do is hook up that weak ass solar array to some under ground servers and mine some bitcoin for the world.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                              chuck the best thing you could do is hook up that weak ass solar array to some under ground servers and mine some bitcoin for the world.
                              Have to give guys credit for buggering with solar panels. I kind of liken it to people who bought outdoor boilers. Whether they burn wood, coal, bales, or horse shit it all looks great at the outset but the reality of the maintenance and repairs which arise after a time get old fast.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                                Nice if it works out that way for you. Honest question between your solar array and line power would you say your power bill is zero? Couple neighbours have sizeable arrays on their farms. One is powering and heating a new shop. Other mostly residential needs. That’s what they are figuring is their power bill is about zero. That’s back feeding onto the grid.
                                If we have a year where we don't need to run our aeration fans for drying much grain then our panels cover our average usage. So yes our electricity costs can be very low under our current contract. In a wet later harvest year then our electricity costs will go up.

Grid tied works very well because you get credit for surplus production which displaces other types of generation.

This was all done with the approval of Sask Power.

Instead of being a large farm user of Sask Power electricity we have become a small user just like all the other small rural farm and non farm customers who have service to a relatively remote rural location.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...