• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Chuck?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting debate as always.

Housing yeah full throttle renewable.

Read somewere the other day wasn’t a right wing loonie article but Australia I think biggest cement producer factory if they combined all the batteries in Australia and wind towers to charge em up the power stored in batteries would be of use for 20 minutes when factory was 100% flat strap.

Maybe no brainer for houses , bussiness yeah a way to go yet.

Comment

Err Glenn why are you a member of shithole agrisilly if you despise it so much.

Are there not other sites where there is less excrement.

Comment

In one post it's an interesting discussion and in the next you suggest I should leave? Make up your mind.

And the man from downunder is annoyed I call out the Canada is a shithole club on Agrisilly?

I appreciate your contributions from down under but sometimes they are contradictory.

Australia is thinking about building some renewable ammonia/hydrogen facilities based on the vast amount of solar energy available? What do you think. How far along are they?
        Last edited by chuckChuck; Aug 26, 2022, 06:48.

Comment

Chuck, you seem to be avoiding addressing the issue of why the free solar and wind energy in Germany and everywhere else it has been tried results in such atrociously high electricity prices.
          Since I brought that up, you have insulted posters in two different continents, insulted the website that hosts this discussion, repeatedly used childish name calling and insults, and attempted to deflect and change the subject multiple times yo something completely irrelevant.
          Do you have any explanation as to why free energy costs so much to the consumer?
          Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Aug 26, 2022, 10:55.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            In one post it's an interesting discussion and in the next you suggest I should leave? Make up your mind.

And the man from downunder is annoyed I call out the Canada is a shithole club on Agrisilly?

I appreciate your contributions from down under but sometimes they are contradictory.

Australia is thinking about building some renewable ammonia/hydrogen facilities based on the vast amount of solar energy available? What do you think. How far along are they?
            Tis interesting discussion you just don’t have to have to carry on like a drongo mate.

Yeah few hoops to get through but it’s gonna be a combination of energy sources.
            Like I said business is struggling with renewables.

No brainer to use renewables in many situations. Tidal power or guess it’s hydro is being talked about in another state, has the worlds biggest and most consistent tidal movements, but go figure greens are the fly in the ointment there.

Is that clear enough glen. I try to respect the site and others even when I disagree mate guess we’re cut from a different cloth. Each to there own.

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
              Tis interesting discussion you just don’t have to have to carry on like a drongo mate.

Yeah few hoops to get through but it’s gonna be a combination of energy sources.
              Like I said business is struggling with renewables.

No brainer to use renewables in many situations. Tidal power or guess it’s hydro is being talked about in another state, has the worlds biggest and most consistent tidal movements, but go figure greens are the fly in the ointment there.

Is that clear enough glen. I try to respect the site and others even when I disagree mate guess we’re cut from a different cloth. Each to there own.
              I like you mate. You don’t get mad and go nuclear when our friend literally insults you and everyone else here.

Comment

Just asked a German tourist how much it cost him to ship his van to Canada. He said $3000.00.I told him he'll have to fill it with wood when he ships it back. He told me he doesn't have to, he's staying in Mexico for the next two years.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                  I like you mate. You don’t get mad and go nuclear when our friend literally insults you and everyone else here.
                  Nah not mad at all. Next time I’m in your great land will visit glen. One on here about 8 miles away from him as well, so will visit both.

Tis all good WR.

Enjoy your Saturday Arvo.

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
                    Nah not mad at all. Next time I’m in your great land will visit glen. One on here about 8 miles away from him as well, so will visit both.

Tis all good WR.

Enjoy your Saturday Arvo.
                    Awesome.

Comment

There are some really thinned skinned individuals who are easily insulted when challenged.

But you gotta love all the Albertans whining about how renewable electricity doesn't work or is too expensive in the province that is currently leading the country in building renewable capacity.

Meanwhile gas and diesel prices were super high this spring and the oil companies were raking in huge profits, but the biggest issue is electricity prices in Germany? How much do you spend on German electricity vs Canadian diesel?

Do you think the high prices for electricity in Germany have anything to do with the abrupt loss of large amounts of imports of gas from Russia? Naw that coudn't be true! LOL

What about electricity prices in Alberta's deregulated market? Its cheaper in Saskatchewan's regulated market.. And both provinces are investing in significant amounts wind and solar and interconnections with other producing regions.
                      Last edited by chuckChuck; Aug 27, 2022, 07:29.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                        There are some really thinned skinned individuals who are easily insulted when challenged.

But you gotta love all the Albertans whining about how renewable electricity doesn't work or is too expensive in the province that is currently leading the country in building renewable capacity.

What about electricity prices in Alberta's deregulated market? Its cheaper in Saskatchewan's regulated market.. And both provinces are investing in significant amounts wind and solar and interconnections with other producing regions.
                        In Alberta our open deregulated market transparently shows the cost of governments forcing by regulation the shuttering of coal fired electricity generation. In regulated government non transparent system like Saskatchewan how would you know the true cost of generation or the level of subsidization?

Comment

All we know is Saskatchewan has cheaper electricity and that's good enough for most people.

And unless you work in the AESO or are an economist who specializes in analyzing the cost of electricity in each province, you won't have a clue what the system and generation cost are and what impact the changes are having.

But don't let that stop you from blaming it all on renewables!

Comment

Chuck, you are getting close to figuring out the answer to my question.
                            You have correctly deduced that electricity is more expensive in Ab than in Sask.
                            And you have correctly noted that Ab has significant solar and wind installed.
                            In fact according to Canada National Energy Regulator, Ab has more than 10 times as much wind and solar.
                            Can you put those two facts together and come to any conclusions?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FbH_PLWaAAAdZRz.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	773703
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	FbINppuagAIw0Nm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	773704
                              Last edited by jazz; Aug 27, 2022, 09:33.

Comment

Thin skinned nah.

But every time some disagrees with Glen “shit hole club, agrisilly knuckledrsggers etc etc”

Disagree with Jazz plenty of times still mutual respect and others.

Crazy big coal mine finally got approved here on Friday 14 years of jumping through hoops yep all the coals going to India and China.

New govt bringing in raft of climate change stuff but exports coal to biggest polluters such is life we are a mineral rich export based economy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...