• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Good morning we got the rain that I wanted after we finished seeding. Ok, it was a few weeks late but it finally came. Some areas are going backward from all the rain real fast some areas are doing great and some still can't buy the rain.

We owe our existence to 6 in of dirt and the fact it rains. Its true rain will make grain but to much makes mud and that's a DUD>

Crop Report.

Seeding is almost wrapped up as guys have hit the magic day for crop insurance and just gave up or the odd guy will keep seeding and hope for the best. Talked to lots I know from Manitoba and other areas that just said they went till Sunday and parked the drills. It's mid to late June the clock is ticking as the days are now getting shorter each day. Seeding is 96% done and that's it.

My organic guy and cattle neighbors just finished crop and green feed so in earlier than other years.

Early wheat looks like a 10 the latter is catching up and most has been sprayed in our area.

Peas are looking good if you followed the 8-year rule if you pushed it you have yellow and other things going on. Viper did work ok and fields are greening up. Peas look good. All sprayed.

Lentils are on a lot of fields and look good so far but they don't like wet feet so time will tell. All sprayed

Holy mother of god is their flax in our part of the world. It must have been the crop of discussion this winter since lots seeded it. Coming up nice and looks like a good catch.

Durum we have a little in the area as usual but the once good crop to grow has been beaten up by fuzz and guys just gave up. Spring wheat with new varieties that are shorter has taken over.

Canola is the one crop so far that is having issues. Why not it always has trouble. The new flea beetle products they can shove up their ass most don't work worth shit and are useless. Some who seeded early are on third spraying for bugs. The late seeded crop looks awesome and is catching up to early seeded. Some in-between fields have covered the ground and have their liberty spray just done. Liberty is in short supply and guys are limited to 1.35 pass. RR varieties might pick up next year due to this shit show. Late fields will be sprayed with liberty early next week.

So basically everyone is busy trying to spray between hurricane wind days. Late seeders are pushing the envelope but going and the rest are waiting for fungicide operations because we might need on the wheat for sure and barley.

Enjoy the farm show today is the last day if you are going. I'm off to hit our 4 early seeded fields of Canola if the wind stays away.

Stay safe and remember it's only a crop that they will try to figure out how to take from you as cheap as possible. Hey, look at the grain price crash the last week. The crop isn't getting any better on canola and acres will be less yet it's down $5.12 on the week. Ah isn't farming fun.

Oh I finally got to have a sit-down and a good conversation with Angelic, it was good and no I'm not selling. hahahah

Late seeded canola June 7

Comment

Oh, the other thing that really pisses me off is our idiot fed gov gave 10 mill to a bug factory. Like **** you bugs were going to eat now. We are failing as a society.

The other thing that's so stupid is warming labels on Beef. **** off Trudeau and Company. But they leave dairy alown. It's a joke.

Same as the end oil but let's make Quebec great with all its power and it's all about power for Quebec with the green program. Yea but how stupid is it getting Germany who once was the country trying to go green has now had to fire up coal again to meet demand.

Really what we have is a shortage of smart people running countries.

Comment

Lots of canola fields were seeded just before the deadline.
        Hard to see rows yet.
        What % will actually make it?
        Anyone else getting fog everymorning?

Comment

Earlier seeded

Comment

Those rains walked right around us this time. Sure could have used a shot. Top layer pretty dry, but below in the gumbo there is some moisture to hold us in.

Canola 3 leaf stage at solstice is worrying. And yes some guys are at cotyledon stage.

My early seeded canola sure struggled. It was sort of mudded in and then the top layer crusted off after those big winds. Then the beetles got in there. Alomost every plant has had a few bites taken out of it. Not great conditions. Later stuff that was seeded into drier bed and then got a rain looks better.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
              Oh, the other thing that really pisses me off is our idiot fed gov gave 10 mill to a bug factory. Like **** you bugs were going to eat now. We are failing as a society.

The other thing that's so stupid is warming labels on Beef. **** off Trudeau and Company. But they leave dairy alown. It's a joke.

Same as the end oil but let's make Quebec great with all its power and it's all about power for Quebec with the green program. Yea but how stupid is it getting Germany who once was the country trying to go green has now had to fire up coal again to meet demand.

Really what we have is a shortage of smart people running countries.
              Democracies rarely last 200-250 years throughout history

Comment

Truflex 99Sc May 27, same OLD 5710...
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5055.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	773472

Comment

So someone help, why the sideways pictures? this stupid. Why limit picture size? Never a clear high def pic from my iPhone. Is this an apple thing?

SF, Your pictures are SHARP, what is the difference?

Comment

Starting to be able to see canola from the road. Looks even and extremely nice. Just late.
                    Area is getting to be slightly more green every day. Weed spraying started yesterday. Cereals look great, but very late. Lots of fields I assume are canola, but it’s only been seeded a bit more than a week. Give it time, it’ll come.

We just need frost free until October imho. Which does happen. But not very often. If this crop makes it, it WILL be big. Just need a timely rain mid July, and that should be enough. Soil profile is fully recharged, subsoil to spare.

Conditions here are extremely good right now. We missed the insane flooding rains for once.

Hay is tremendous. I hope to cut next week. Should easily be a second cut for once. Two cuts, each at twice the yield of last year might happen.

Pasture is also awesome. Timing sheep moves is difficult, but in a good way, as they can scarcely keep up. What was borderline enough grazing last year, is too much this year in the feeling of wasted feed!

Seeding alfalfa tomorrow. Field it is going on is finally prime and fit, no more slime to the surface.

Son and my wife got their beehives yesterday, always cool to watch the bees.

The story in this area is the mosquitos. They are so bad one can hardly function. And this year they are causing more itching and more reactions than other years. Others have noticed this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                      Truflex 99Sc May 27, same OLD 5710...
                      ]
                      Is that variety pod shatter straight cut?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                        Starting to be able to see canola from the road. Looks even and extremely nice. Just late.
                        Area is getting to be slightly more green every day. Weed spraying started yesterday. Cereals look great, but very late. Lots of fields I assume are canola, but it’s only been seeded a bit more than a week. Give it time, it’ll come.

We just need frost free until October imho. Which does happen. But not very often. If this crop makes it, it WILL be big. Just need a timely rain mid July, and that should be enough. Soil profile is fully recharged, subsoil to spare.

Conditions here are extremely good right now. We missed the insane flooding rains for once.

Hay is tremendous. I hope to cut next week. Should easily be a second cut for once. Two cuts, each at twice the yield of last year might happen.

Pasture is also awesome. Timing sheep moves is difficult, but in a good way, as they can scarcely keep up. What was borderline enough grazing last year, is too much this year in the feeling of wasted feed!

Seeding alfalfa tomorrow. Field it is going on is finally prime and fit, no more slime to the surface.

Son and my wife got their beehives yesterday, always cool to watch the bees.

The story in this area is the mosquitos. They are so bad one can hardly function. And this year they are causing more itching and more reactions than other years. Others have noticed this as well.
                        Sheepwheat if you got plenty of grass and the critters are tromping it into organic matter that isn’t wasting. Far better to be building your soil when you can than pillaging it continuously like some folks do while grazing. I believe that soil is like karma………… hopefully some nice things done to it today will payoff down the road hopefully 😉

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                          Sheepwheat if you got plenty of grass and the critters are tromping it into organic matter that isn’t wasting. Far better to be building your soil when you can than pillaging it continuously like some folks do while grazing. I believe that soil is like karma………… hopefully some nice things done to it today will payoff down the road hopefully 😉
                          Totally true. I’ve been enjoying watching the soil rebuild and how fast it has been happening since incorporating animals. The piece I’ve been rolling out hay for a few years now, is green and lush with grasses and Forbes. And it was grainland. I never seeded it with grass, never fertilized it, yet there it is, lush dark green grass, seeded from the hay. Greg Judy and Gabe Brown (sorry, swear word in these parts), would be proud of me!

It is a luxurious year to be a stock grower in the greens dept.

Comment

[QUOTE=fjlip;542864]So someone help, why the sideways pictures? this stupid. Why limit picture size? Never a clear high def pic from my iPhone. Is this an apple thing?…

I always crop the top and bottom of the picture off to get it to be correctly oriented.

This is done by doing an edit to the picture which allows it to be cropped.

Cheers

Comment

So who else thinks we just started to grow the most expensive crop ever in the history of farming in the world and the market is going to buy it for pennies on the dollar and laugh the whole time. **** we're a stupid breed oversupply oversupply.

Will now need 75 bushels per acre of canola to equal what I got last year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...